Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 02:28 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
If TM ran, while GZ was still in his car, how did GZ catch up to TM, especially since he could have been home in about 2 minutes from that spot.

Obviously did not run all the way home or straight home. Maybe he didn't want Zimmerman knowing where he was staying. Maybe he didn't want to endanger the other child who was at the house. I wouldn't lead some weirdo home if my parents were not there. If he wanted to fight Zimmerman from the beginning, he could have attacked him as soon as he got out of the car or while he was in it. If he didn't feel threatened, why would he run?

Old 07-08-2013, 02:29 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If Trayvon Martin didn't feel threatened, why would he run? Most people would feel threatened if they were being followed by an unidentified man on a dark rainy night. There is no proof that he made it home before his altercation with Zimmerman. Obviously Zimmerman supporters would like us all to believe that Trayvon Martin was violent and up to no good, but there is no evidence to support that. Zimmerman was out looking for trouble. Trayvon Martin was walking back from 7-11. All of this has a lot to do with the reaction of TM's supporters' reaction to the result of the trial. Zimmerman did not allow the justice system to work when he made himself judge, jury and executioner the night he killed Martin. Some may believe he deserves the same treatment.
Why did he run? Well, to know for sure, you'd need to be a mind reader. Looking back at when I was that age...we would run to avoid getting caught when out causing (by today's standard, trivial) trouble, because we didn't want to get caught. Throwing snowballs at cars. Letting the air out of someone's tires. TPing someone's house. OK, and underage drinking and some weed too. Stupid kid chit. We didn't want to get caught, simple. Parents would have kicked our azzes.

We didn't go back and approach someone watching us, punch them in the face, ground and pound them or beat their head on concrete.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:32 PM

226 posts, read 230,295 times
They are now taking up other matter without the jury's presence. The state wants to dismiss Sereno's and Doneley's statements and someone else I didn't catch. Some Richardson situation.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:35 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Yea, I believe that so much was going on, he didn't share he heard his son's dying voice to the son's mother.
You're very confused on the testimony and what the father meant.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 07-08-2013 at 02:46 PM..

Old 07-08-2013, 02:35 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,849,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
They are now taking up other matter without the jury's presence. The state wants to dismiss Sereno's and Doneley's statements and someone else I didn't catch. Some Richardson situation.
Judge ruled last week that Prosecution didn't violate discovery rules when De la Rionda met with the ME and was told the ME changed his mind as to TM being affected by marijuana. They knew about that 3 weeks ago and didn't say a word to the Defense.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You're very confuse on the testimony and what the father meant.
One of us is confused.....

Old 07-08-2013, 02:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,414,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
My guess would be that they called the owner to say that Zimmerman sucked at MMA.
I agree; however, IMO the gym owner said some things that would hurt Zimmerman, too. He said Zimmerman was very diligent, worked hard, attended classes, lost weight, etc., which indicates that George was in better shape than he had been in the past. He was also comparing Zimmerman basically to a professional athlete. How many folks out there can really compare to professional athletes? He didn't compare Zimmerman to other out of shape people who had attended classes at his gym for a year or so.

Something else he did which made me wonder why the State didn't object. He offered HIS OPINION that when he saw Zimmerman after the incident that not only did he have physical injuries but "looked like he had be traumatized." This guy was not qualified by the Court as any expert, and that bit of testimony was his opinion of Zimmerman's psychological state. Only an Expert in psychology is legally allowed make opinion statements/assertions like that. I think the State should have objected right away when that came out of his mouth.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:38 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,516,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Police reports show that the two initial investigators of this case, including Serino, both said there was probable cause to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter.
Serino told the FBI he felt pressured by officers in the department to send the charges to the DA.

One myth exploded from Serino's testimony --- he never felt manslaughter charges should be filed the night of the killing.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:40 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,240,296 times
Ok....I just did a search....Richardson hearing....must be some precedent. Anyone explain what that is?

Old 07-08-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I agree; however, IMO the gym owner said some things that would hurt Zimmerman, too. He said Zimmerman was very diligent, worked hard, attended classes, lost weight, etc., which indicates that George was in better shape than he had been in the past. He was also comparing Zimmerman basically to a professional athlete. How many folks out there can really compare to professional athletes? He didn't compare Zimmerman to other out of shape people who had attended classes at his gym for a year or so.

Something else he did which made me wonder why the State didn't object. He offered HIS OPINION that when he saw Zimmerman after the incident that not only did he have physical injuries but "looked like he had be traumatized." This guy was not qualified by the Court as any expert, and that bit of testimony was his opinion of Zimmerman's psychological state. Only an Expert in psychology is legally allowed make opinion statements/assertions like that. I think the State should have objected right away when that came out of his mouth.
A "professional athlete" is not going to score a 1 out of 10. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies