Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 09:49 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times

Advertisements

I don't think they'll tighten the self defense laws since to do so would increase crime and gun violence, not stop it.
I also think the predictions of black on hispanic violence will largely be a non event. The worst you'll see are fossilized haters like Sharpton and Jackson make some bitter speeches in an effort to grab airtime and a few up and coming radicals will do the same. After that, people will just sigh and move on.

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Exactly. For nearly the entire fight, they could see people were looking, and calling 911. Why would Trayvon try to KILL Zimmerman with his bare hands under those circumstances?

Answer; He wouldn't. The only way that scenario makes sense if some Trayvon was some kind of rabid, cold-blooded violent killer. (Or you know, one of those always-aggressive, violent, black boys.)
Omg. Would you stop with the race thing already?

Even Trayvon Martin's parents recently said it wasn't a race issue.

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
He was not engaging in any criminal activity that night. You can't kill someone for something you think they might do, or did in the past.
I'm thinking you're a little confused at this point in the trial?

Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How many black teenage boys in Miami look up to gang members as role models? I'd say 95%.
Trayvon was looking at training for the SAT, and had already picked out two colleges he was interested in, and told many people he aspired to a career in aviation. What part of that indicates any aspiration to become a gang member?

Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times
Di Maio: A person who is shot is able to move/talk "minimum, 10 to 15 seconds."

Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times
Quote:
Trayvon was looking at training for the SAT, and had already picked out two colleges he was interested in, and told many people he aspired to a career in aviation. What part of that indicates any aspiration to become a gang member?
Listen to the evidence corroborating GZ's testimony and stop the emotional drivel. No one cares about anything but the evidence.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I was describing GZ as the gym owner did in yesterday's testimony.

Don't you watch the trial?
Alas, I am neither independently wealthy nor retired.

I work for a living.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:52 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I think failing to do a tox on Zimmerman that night was one of the biggest screw-ups the investigators committed.

I also think that may be the reason Zimmerman refused to go to the hospital that night - to avoid scrutiny by trained medical personnel.

Listening to that call to the police that night, I've always thought the caller (Zimmerman) sounded "off" - like he could have been under the influence. Granted, since I had never heard him speak in real life, it could be that's just the way he always sounded, but still, he should have been tested.

We already know he had/has prescriptions to a drug known to cause aggression (Temazepam); throw in a six pack of beer (or whatever), and the courage carrying a loaded gun gave him, and he may very well have been a walking time bomb.

He absolutely should have been given a toxicology test that night and failing to do so was a big, fat FAIL on the part of law enforcement.
I have always thought the same.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Di Maio: A person who is shot is able to move/talk "minimum, 10 to 15 seconds."
And he can still talk and move in those seconds.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I don't think they'll tighten the self defense laws since to do so would increase crime and gun violence, not stop it.
I also think the predictions of black on hispanic violence will largely be a non event. The worst you'll see are fossilized haters like Sharpton and Jackson make some bitter speeches in an effort to grab airtime and a few up and coming radicals will do the same. After that, people will just sigh and move on.
Honestly, I'm not sure Sharpton and Jackson are even actually "haters". They play the part and stir up mobs towards violent behavior, sure. And they instill and spur hatred in others. Yet I suspect they do so more to enhance their position among their supporters than they truely hate themselves. There is money involved, from donations, speaking engagements, as well as another 15 minutes of fame. IMO...they are more parasites than "haters".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies