Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,400,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Did anyone just catch what the judge said? Told the defense basically take it up on appeal. She's thinking Zimmerman's conviction is a foregone conclusion? Odd statement from the judge.
The way she's done it, and what she just stated, is quite remarkable. She wants this case off her desk, and in juror's hands ASAP. She's not concerned with an appeal at all, but probably assumes there will be one, as she stated. She wants herself, IMHO, to be absolved of any blame for an acquittal.

I sort of feel for West, as he's willing to be beaten down by the Judge time after time, to get a clear record of their defense, and their objections in the record. Beyond this case, there is a tremendous significance attached to the ramifications of this morning's actions.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:21 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,397,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ah...It's not abuse if taken as prescribed.
Oh and you know it was taken as prescribed because......

I'm not saying it was or it wasn't but like so many other facts this is not info that can be verified so why even bring it up?

11,185 posts, read 6,522,111 times
Nelson made a big ruling in favor of the defense if I understood her correctly. I can't replay the ruling to be sure, but I think ...

She ruled the instructions will Not include the one about the defendant being the aggressor or the initial provoker of force against him.

3,846 posts, read 2,389,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Did anyone just catch what the judge said? Told the defense basically take it up on appeal. She's thinking Zimmerman's conviction is a foregone conclusion? Odd statement from the judge.
She simply told him that he's been long out of ammo, and that she will not allow any more fire-crackers to supplant.

That O'Mara is a little fire-cracker, he is!

Old 07-11-2013, 09:22 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,330,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Oh sure he was. All those involved in criminal stalking call the police first and request their presence prior to doing so.

/irony
Why is it so hard to get it though your head that Zimmerman APPEARED to be stalking Martin from Martin's point of view? At no time did Zimmerman ever attempt to tell Martin that he was part of the community watch...we know this as a fact from his many interviews and the re-enactment. If he had, Martin might not be dead and George would not have spent the last year worrying about his future. Martin had no way of knowing that George had called the police just like Zimmerman had no way of knowing that Martin had a legitimate reason to be in that community.

22,229 posts, read 17,884,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Oh sure he was. All those involved in criminal stalking call the police first and request their presence prior to doing so.

/irony
Vig Z may not have known it to be stalking, which is surprising since he was told not to do that. But it is pretty clear, Martin thought he was being stalked and decided to protect himself from the perpetrator. /no irony

11,011 posts, read 11,044,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
That wasn't exactly what she said. She said that when she makes a ruling they have to move on. She told him that she was going by the law and if their is a appeal they will check for errors.
I heard her words. She did not use the word 'if' which might be a slip of the tongue admittedly but perhaps was a bit telling. I must say that even though she had full right to remind Mr. West on conduct in court, her talking about an appeal was not necessary to make her point. Personally, I felt it revealed impartiality on her part.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,058,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Even more ironic....they live in the same neighborhood!!

So, where is the "class distinction" that she is claiming? LOL

What does FIRING the police chief have that wouldn't arrest GZ have to do with RACE?
Votes from the angry mob maybe?

1,672 posts, read 1,774,738 times
I love the arm chair lawyers in here. Let the professionals do their jobs folks.

16,235 posts, read 25,261,338 times
West...Stumbled over his own theory....Compiling all the "circumstantial evidence"...He knows all of it adds up to George being guilty. If under the circumstances...would a reasonable person do the same thing....whether it was reasonable for George to respond w/ deadly force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies