Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 09:00 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Hung jury doesn't do that much good, it just means another expensive trial. Though perhaps they could get an impartial judge next time. All the jurors need to see through the state's pathetic fishing expedition and vote to aquit. Honestly, if they do present these "pile on" charges to see what sticks, I think you're going to see the jurors outraged and aquit on principle alone. IMO, the state is hurting themselves even more with this play.
May be, but the criminals (i.e. the state) wouldn't get this one. Re-trial wouldn't even come into my mind. It's about here and now if I was on the jury.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:00 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
NOT WORKING, other than influencing the Judge to be very annoyed with his continual arguing things which have been ruled on already.
I agree. I cannot believe he is behaving so non-professionally.
George himself said he followed Trayvon...
Interesting...The instructions are as important as the testimony....Could the case be won or lost in instructions??

Yeah....I'd call a gun force.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:01 AM

370 posts, read 247,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Stalking is criminal harassment.
Why wasn't zimmerman charged with "stalking" then, counselor?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:01 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
It isn't whether or not he was "high"...it demonstrates he has broken the law recently which goes to his character.
Many companies/businesses have a zero tolerance drug policy due to their insurance company.
If one gets injured at work one has to do a drug screen to see if there are any illegal drugs present...(they don't care if it was yesterday or a month ago)... a positive test can absolve the company from liability.
Except for suicide/homicide prescription drugs, like the kind Zimmerman took that day?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:02 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
It isn't whether or not he was "high"...it demonstrates he has broken the law recently which goes to his character.
Many companies/businesses have a zero tolerance drug policy due to their insurance company.
If one gets injured at work one has to do a drug screen to see if there are any illegal drugs present...(they don't care if it was yesterday or a month ago)... a positive test can absolve the company from liability.
That is not what I was responding to. I was responding to a post that said Trayvon was on drugs. There is no evidence he had smoked pot recently.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:02 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Why wasn't zimmerman charged with "stalking" then, counselor?
Good question. You should have brought this up a year ago.

Seems too late, now.

But, probably because the stalking ended with murder.

Now, celebrities are going to fear saying, "Why are you following me?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paparazzi

Old 07-11-2013, 09:03 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
NOT WORKING, other than influencing the Judge to be very annoyed with his continual arguing things which have been ruled on already.
Thats his job. He is fighting for his client. You and I would do well to have an attorney do that if we were in similar circumstances. In over the several hundred times I've been in court as a witness for the state most defense attorneys just go thru the motions and let the state walk all over them.

Plus he is also giving time to his team for their research.

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Unless you can prove who started it, have a witness, have video evidence, or any other physical evidence, I see how any one can think this is anything other then self defense. Just because you "think" or "feel" he started it, that's not good enough.
So you mistakenly believe that DIRECT EVIDENCE is the only acceptable evidence in a trial. (eye witness, video, or direct physical evidence).

Have you never heard of circumstantial evidence and do not understand what it means? YES, circumstantial evidence is "good enough."

370 posts, read 247,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Except for suicide/homicide prescription drugs, like the kind Zimmerman took that day.
Was zimmerman taking illegal drugs?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:04 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Newspaper opinion columns around the state are already PO'd at the state. If they re try this no one will get re-elected, and that's all that is important to these idiots.
Absolutely! I'd rep ya but it won't let me.
Our "justice" system has now reached the all new low, convictions for votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies