Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 11:22 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,749,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Interesting so the Black/Hispanic was crying.
That is why I think it will be a hung jury and we won't know till Monday at the earliest.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:23 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Quite wrong. Women can easily cut through bs. It's part of the job of being a woman. They deal with bs every day of every week, especially coming from men who think women can't think with their brains.
Correct. Try selling any BS line to my wife?

To me he was degrading women's intelligence with every word out of his mouth. Amazes me that the women here bought his crapola. Then again they are prolly getting paid by the post from the DU.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:24 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,042,068 times
Lets hope the stereotype doesn't hold true here. Emotion should not guide your verdict. The state doesn't care for law, so they push for emotion. They know they didn't make a case so their only hope is to demean women thinking emotion will get them a guilty verdict.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:24 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,982,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
It was Trayvon's side that kept focusing on the racial differences and forced this case to go to trial when it shouldn't have in the first place. All the police that responded didn't feel Zimmerman committed a crime and knew it was self defense. At the very least there is a LOT of reasonable doubt. The media was biased at first to Trayvon. They were forced to continue covering this case because they blew it up in the first place because of PERCEIVED racial overtones. Now they must cover it and now they are being more neutral as they realize Zimmerman's story is very believable while the prosecution presented incoherent ghetto witnesses like Rachel Jeantel (you can watch her testimony over and over against and not stop ROFL!!!! Especially that head twist and sayin "oh no uh uh uh uh no no no Imma leavin today" or "I done told you I don't watch no news only the weather".

If I was on the jury I probably couldn't have helped but laugh out loud honestly at Jeantel.

The jury knows the initial coverage of the trial, and the precedent set by Rodney King.
This isn't about sides. Don't you want to see justice regardless of sides? Your attitude is why you couldn't be in the jury.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:25 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yeah, look at the NFL lately. Can you say Aaron Hernandez ?
You can be a thug, but you can't easily be a druggie and also an athlete.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:25 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,243,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
He was on the hunt...to TALK to the strange guy in the neighborhood to see if he might be one of the burglars that had plagued the neighborhood.

Coincidentally, St. Trayvon could have entered his father's girlfriend's townhouse, but instead chose to leave the house to go out and hunt the "creepy-assed cracker" with the intention of initiating a physical altercation. If Zimmerman had not shot Martin, Martin would probably be on trial for murder or attempted murder right now.

Maintain context.
If that were the case, then why did Zimmerman maintain that he was on his way back to his truck?

Old 07-12-2013, 11:26 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,767,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I just read the jury instructions.

I can't for the life of me see how they would come back with a guilty verdict to either Murder 2 or Manslaughter.

I'm not predicting it though ... because who the heck knows what they'll do, but I really can't see how they wouldn't find him not guilty.
Where did you find the instructions?

Old 07-12-2013, 11:27 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,178,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
That is why I think it will be a hung jury and we won't know till Monday at the earliest.

They will find Zimmeran "not guilty" in about 30 minutes. The jurors want to get home to watch "Sharknado" on the DVR.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:29 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,673,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Why do we care? Because MSNBC, CNN and other main media sources decided this was more important than other stories and they could get good mileage out of it.
It's a soap opera, like the OJ trial was.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:31 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,243,788 times
John Guy is brilliant. Line by line of the lies by the defendant and the facts that contradict them. Just the right amount of common sense and appeal to the heart without overdoing it. Absolutely brilliant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies