Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 11:03 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,689,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Juror B29 to be exact. However another reporter said same juror was nodding during Defense close.
Where are you getting this information?

I'm more interested in the source than the comments. Wiping tears to some fool on MSNBC could, in reality, be yawning and wiping sleepies from one's eyes to a sane person.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:03 AM

10,239 posts, read 15,952,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
What does it matter the killer's race. The question is whether the jury will be swayed by violence.
It was Trayvon's side that kept focusing on the racial differences and forced this case to go to trial when it shouldn't have in the first place. All the police that responded didn't feel Zimmerman committed a crime and knew it was self defense. At the very least there is a LOT of reasonable doubt. The media was biased at first to Trayvon. They were forced to continue covering this case because they blew it up in the first place because of PERCEIVED racial overtones. Now they must cover it and now they are being more neutral as they realize Zimmerman's story is very believable while the prosecution presented incoherent ghetto witnesses like Rachel Jeantel (you can watch her testimony over and over against and not stop ROFL!!!! Especially that head twist and sayin "oh no uh uh uh uh no no no Imma leavin today" or "I done told you I don't watch no news only the weather".

If I was on the jury I probably couldn't have helped but laugh out loud honestly at Jeantel.

The jury knows the initial coverage of the trial, and the precedent set by Rodney King.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:04 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,440,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Talking heads say Guy did a good job.
His close was very emotive and short on facts, perfect for a jury of 6 women.

3,216 posts, read 2,088,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
To me the prosecution was doomed the moment the woman who had once had a concealed carry permit was allowed in as one of the six jurors. There are not a lot of women who have guns, there are even fewer with concealed carry permits. That's a hard-core gun-lover, or a very fearful person, and she is bound to see what George did as self-defense.
I train many many women to get their CCW. You would be surprised at how many of the 8 million CCW carriers are women. I wouldn't describe them as fearful as much as they are wanting to make their personal safety their own responsibility. More and more people are realizing that you can't rely on police to protect you when they are not with you.

38,496 posts, read 25,851,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The jury has sat there for 3 weeks and can plainly see that George is not a hateful person with hate in his heart.
LOL! Even Ted Bundy looked like a nice guy during his trial!

Old 07-12-2013, 11:05 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,398,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
So if two guys are fighting I can kill one of them to stop the fight??

You sure about that.
Possibly, but details matter. In many states, there's an "in his shoes" clause. Meaning you can use deadly force to protect anyone who would themselves be entitled to use deadly force.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:05 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,240,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The state wanted jurors to believe gz was a trained mma fighter. The defense was not allowed to use Any evidence of tm's fighting skill. imo, neither was a trained. skilled mma fighter. I suspect tm was the more agile, athletic, experienced, stronger of the two.

Water and blood aren't comparable. Try ketchup.
LOL Yes use ketchup thin it with water a tad to make them even more similar..... It will really show what happens. I am a military guy and did a lot of sparring and yes a few fights. never walked away free of blood on my clothes.
First punch no blood. After that if they are bleeding you are wearing it.
Hands covering nose nad mouth and yet the blood is not smeared.
30+ blows to the face and head. No split lips? Blood isn't smeared? Never saw a pummeling done so clean.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:06 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,969 times
Quote:
One weakness of O'Mara/West is their lack of emotional appeal to jurors. Guy goes overboard for my taste, but I follow why others can be swayed by his approach [saying 'child' 100 times].

Old 07-12-2013, 11:06 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,240,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
His close was very emotive and short on facts, perfect for a jury of 6 women.
The guy can sell thats for sure.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:08 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,689,105 times
Quote:
He did, but it was all emotion, no fact/evidence.

Hopefully, the jury will see through his "child this" and "child that" nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies