Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 10:32 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Probably none. Trayvon would not assault a cop in uniform.

Shame he didn't respect a civilian the same way.
Most black kids his age don't have respect for anyone.

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
Uh, it's been pointed out many times that Zimmerman called Sanford PD 46+ times in several years about such things as guys walking around in pajamas going through trash. He even followed a couple of them. You can probably find it on Google, but I'll post it here for you.

Police release more calls made by George Zimmerman | News - Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
How do we know this is not a mere coincidence? It's certainly a possibility. I asked for hard evidence, not something that could be interpreted 100 different ways.

Do you have the criminal record of the people he called on? Do you know if they have a criminal record? Can you find me the percentage of black crimes in Sanford compared to white? Can you tell me what the people were doing that forced George to call the police? Were their subtle body gestures that might have made George suspicious? Were the people he called the police on members of the community or strangers? What were the races (or race) of the criminals who had been plaguing George's community before?

Answer those questions and then we can talk about your evidence. Because until then, your "evidence" is nothing.

And by the way his name is George, not "porky".

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post

And by the way his name is George, not "porky". A little racist yourself, eh?
Actually a weightest. It is fine to be non PC in the liberal world as long as the non PCness is directed at unliberals.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:33 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
You've finally got it. Zimmerman DID NOT try to detain or arrest Martin. Martin physically attacked Zimmerman. Zimmerman defended himself. Everyone has the right to defend themselves from a physical attack. Unfortunately Martin paid the ultimate price for his illegal actions.
Never proven either way.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:33 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Did I say "criminal" culpability? No, I didn't.

I totally disagree with your characterization off "drugged up thug" regarding the victim.

We know that Zimmerman had been prescribed drugs, which he was supposed to take daily. I wonder if he had taken his meds that day?
Well, we do know that Martin was under the influence of marijuana. Did that affect his judgement? Maybe -just maybe- a sober Martin would have walked away or handled it better. I, for one, wish these two never met and suspect that both used poor judgement that night.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:35 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yes, the standards for a Civil Suit would be much different. Just like OJ got two completely different verdicts, I predict Zimmerman would as well.

However, so far, everything I've seen and read indicates Florida laws would prevent a civil trial going forward based on 'immunity'.
A whole lot more info would come out about Trayvon. Not sure the parents want this.

But their greedy attorneys may talk them into it.

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Fox is wrong.

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.
(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.
(3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).
History.—s. 4, ch. 2005-27
Good to see.

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Well, we do know that Martin was under the influence of marijuana. Did that affect his judgement? Maybe -just maybe- a sober Martin would have walked away or handled it better. I, for one, wish these two never met and suspect that both used poor judgement that night.
Agree.

It's not a crime to exercise poor judgment. If that were true, the 50 million morons who voted for Obama twice should be behind bars.

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Did they do any drug/alcohol tests on Georgie?

Old 07-14-2013, 10:36 AM

17,424 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
He didn't. There are NO bushes in the crime scene photos. Another GZ lie.
There were bushes. And pictures of those bushes have been posted numerous times in these threads.

Pay attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies