Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 11:47 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,884,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
A large percentage of inner city deaths is as a result of drug violence. Legalize drugs, eliminate the problem. But no one cares when blacks die over illegal substances, so whatever. Now, prohibition when whites were killing each other in the streets? We gotta find a way to fix this. Oh, the hypocrisy.
LOL!!!! You people will stop at nothing to avoid taking responsibility for anything. holy ****, I've now heard it all.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:47 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,993,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Great advice for inner city black guys killed by other inner city black guys. Might save hundreds of black lives every year by avoiding the #3 killer of black guys. Good job.

Top three killers of black guys

1)FEMA
2)Pork Chops

3)The ***** Moment.

According to Noted Black Writer Aaron McGruder.

Exactly. I grew up around people like Martin who just wanted to be like the gangster rap morons and "hang out with the crew". They almost all hated me, partially because I'm mixed (I got called a "dirty Mexican looking blah blah" more times than I can count) but also because I preferred metal or classic rock over music about inner city violence and celebrating social ills and because I stayed out of trouble. I preferred reading a good novel to "kicking it" with drugs and preferred working a part time job after school to make my money as opposed to "hustlin'"

Martin, like so many other young black American youths, would do well to heed to words of Martin Luther King, jr. via Aaron McGruder:

Boondocks - Martin Luther King Speech - YouTube

Old 07-13-2013, 11:48 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,800,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
It perfectly legitimate to use any photo one might have

For example Hitler seems so innocent in this photo.

If you didn't like Nazis, you hate children.

/sarcasm

You may argue about the rest, but using a photo of a 12 year old to represent someone one year before they are eligible for the draft is really worthy of ridicule.
think about it. First the media made a race to judgement and called Zimmerman just like they made a race to judgement saying the boston bombers were right wing. How disappointed they were on both occasions yet Obama lovers ignore misreporting media. Then they call Zimmerman a white Mexican and Obama lovers grab onto it and repeat it over and over as if it convinces others.

The media edits the 911 tapes and the left even knowing it was edited grab and repeat what they are told by the media. The president injects racism (yep, doing what he does best). The Obama administration the DOJ was sent to Sanford spending big money “to help organize protests against Zimmerman. Al Sharpton gets paid big bucks to organize protest turning it into a huge spectacle. And now people are already referring to him as a child. It's like a bunch of parrots.

Hey, I'm not into anyone getting killed but I'm not into the media being judge and jury and convicting people either. Just think, the media could convict you next.

9,701 posts, read 5,126,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Are you saying that if you are attacked by someone and they break your nose and then are on top of you raining down blows "MMA style", punching and/or banging your head into the ground that it is wrong for you to defend yourself and that you are supposed to let that person murder you or render you permanently mentally retarded?
If a homeowner starts beating up a robber in his home, does the robber have the grounds to claim self-defense if he shoots the homeowner?

9,827 posts, read 6,950,361 times
Quote:
I agree 100%.

I think this is where folks are getting confused.

Those of us disappointed in the verdict don't hate Zimmerman. We believe he did some INCREDIBLY wrong things that night. In his quest to earn the good opinion of those around him, he made some fatal mistakes that night. Sadly, he's more infamous than he is famous.

FWIW, I doubt Zimmerman even wants the support of the rabid racists who are in love with him (until he tries to marry their daughter, of course).
To a certain point we agree.. I think BOTH Zimmerman and Martin made some very poor judgements. I think Zimmermans intentions were good, but his methodology was flawed. I think however there are just as many rabid racists on both sides of this arguement...

6,476 posts, read 7,336,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Sure he has, George Zimmerman is innocent of the crime he was accused of.
There's an important difference between 'not guilty' and 'innocent', that's all.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:49 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,216,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Or better yet: if someone asks you what you're doing in their development, it is better not to yell racial slurs at them and then attack them, punching them and basically slamming them into the grass. A simple "well I was just xyz and visiting ABC, is there a problem?" will suffice. No need to die in a N****** moment.

A ***** Moment - YouTube
Here's where we differ. I don't pretend to know what transpired that night. I question what both Zimmerman and Rachel said. I don't know who said what/who attacked who, etc. And I don't pretend to. If you claim to know, perhaps you should get a reality show and get rich.

You can be a shuck and jive ni99er all you want; allow others to have some dignity and choose otherwise.

3,120 posts, read 8,076,511 times
Quote:
Those of us disappointed in the verdict don't hate Zimmerman. We believe he did some INCREDIBLY wrong things that night. In his quest to earn the good opinion of those around him, he made some fatal mistakes that night. Sadly, he's more infamous than he is famous.
What exactly did he do wrong? He wanted to patrol his neighborhood which had a recent history of burglaries. Is that wrong? Is walking around your neighborhood at night wrong?

(In contrast, punching a guy in the nose and then trying to murder him by banging or punching his head into concrete is wrong...or is that right in your view?)

8,091 posts, read 5,923,409 times
Quote:
A large percentage of inner city deaths is as a result of drug violence. Legalize drugs, eliminate the problem. But no one cares when blacks die over illegal substances, so whatever. Now, prohibition when whites were killing each other in the streets? We gotta find a way to fix this. Oh, the hypocrisy.
There was a candidate that would have ended the war on drugs.....did you vote for him? Or was it much more important to have a symbolic, black figurehead in office?

Old 07-13-2013, 11:50 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,871,179 times
Quote:
If Zimmerman believed in his innocence, why didn't he testify?
It is common for a defendant to not testify; very common when the prosecution has a weak case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies