Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 06:35 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm
Another common sense question. Why in the world didn't Travon walk on the sidewalk, instead of walking close to the houses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
The common sense answer is that it was raining and he wanted to not get wet. .
So you walk in wet grass?

Lord, the things one learns reading this forum!!!!!

Old 07-14-2013, 06:36 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,422,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
The "fighting system"?? I'm sorry what "fighting system" are you talking about??? During the advent of the UFC it wasn't constrained to "mixed martial arts" like it is now... Ken Shamrock was a GRAPPLER too....a much BIGGER GRAPPLER..

So...how bout some smaller non grapplers who BEAT DOWN bigger guys??

Tank Abbott lost to Don Frye

Dan Severn lost to Mark Coleman and Forrest Griffin

Gary Goodridge got his hide WHOOPED by Mark Schultz and Don Frye

I'd like to refer you to some dialogue from The Big Lebowski

Remember what they told Donnie to do when he was out of his.element?
For every one of those you post, I can post three fights where the bigger guy won.

Not to mention...the UFC eventually went to weight classes too. Kerr, Coleman, Severn feasted on smaller. Lesnar hadn't fought professionally in years and won belts because of his size.

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
come Chuck you have been in a few fights so have I. A continued beating would show split lips, a lot of abrasions. TM's hands would have been covered in blood. His shirts sleeves would have also.
GZ looked like the 1 shot decked him and his head bounced off the ground. Little more than that.
For example.
BADLY BRUISED: Gabriel Aubry OBTAINS Restraining Order AGAINST Olivier Martinez, Graphic Pics Of Gabe's Face RELEASED | The Young, Black, and Fabulous
So how does goods testimony of the ground and pound fit? One minute of recorded screaming? Straddling z for way too long got him killed.

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Lesson from this trial. If a creepy ass cracker or creepy as coco puff or creepy ass anyone is following you, you dont have to and shouldnt assault them. It could end badly for you.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:37 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,709,594 times
What bothers me the most about this is that NO ONE besides GZ and TM know what happened. And because TM was killed, we can't get his side of the story. GZ was able to tell whatever story he wanted to.

5,000 posts, read 8,218,462 times
The whole thing sucks, and I hate that any of this happened.

That said......goddamn I love the internet:

3,120 posts, read 8,066,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
How do you know that Zimmerman didn't strike him? Because Zimmerman said so?
Complete lack of evidence of any sign of wound son Trayvon. No bruises from being punched. Only scuffing on his knuckles (from punching Zimmerman).

Also, complete lack of motive. Trying to keep an eye on a possible burglary suspect until the police can arrive to talk to him does not support an inference that Zimmerman wanted to start a fistfight.

Quote:
Zimmerman would never have had the nerve to follow Martin if he didn't fully intend to use that loaded gun if things got too "hot." We have no idea when he pulled that gun, whether or not he hit Martin or threatened him first, who exchanged words first, nothing - only the testimony of the defendant, who also claimed that he was only persisting in getting out of his car and following Martin in order to "find his correct address and tell it to the dispatcher." Yeah, right. There were only about two streets in that neighborhood - just give the dispatcher a description of your vehicle and then sit tight till the police get there.

But no...He just had to get out and follow Martin - and the only reason he felt like he could do this is because he fully intended to use that gun if he felt threatened. He just didn't stop to think, apparently, that the person he was following might feel threatened (who wouldn't?) and just might respond in fear and anger.
There's nothing wrong with acting in self defense. You are allowed to defend yourself if someone tries to kill you or inflict great bodily harm on you. If a woman had shot a rapist in self defense, would you argue that she would not have had the confidence to walk to the convenience store in the middle of the night without her gun and that therefore she brought the attempted rape on herself and is guilty?

Old 07-14-2013, 06:38 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Its no fact he followed. He said he stopped. IT was not proven in court that he didnt stop. Not even close. But go ahead and continue to lie, whatever helps your stupid, ignorant argument.
He lied. He said he got out of the car to find a street name...LIE. He said he was looking for an address and in the video you can see Zimmerman steering the detective away from the area as they spoke and walked, due to the FACT that there was an address on the house where he said there was none...LIE.

Some people are so slow on the up-take.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:39 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,580,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And a man who was arrested twice for domestic violence against his girlfriend and once for assaulting a police office should not be allowed to walk around with a gun.
Then he would not be allowed to legally own a gun. Or get a CCW permit!!

Where are those charges of unlawful possession?

Old 07-14-2013, 06:39 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Remind me again of any previous charges and convictions against him.
Only after you detail any arrests, charges or convictions for Trayvon Martin.

But on the other hand, here ya go:

The three incidents took place in Orange County, Fla.
  • In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.
  • In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.
  • Witness No. 9 (his cousin) accused Zimmerman of molesting her when they were children. What most folks don’t know is that Witness No. 9 made an explosive allegation against her cousin. “I know George. And I know that he does not like black people,” she told a Sanford police officer during a telephone call in which she pleaded for anonymity. “He would start something. He’s a very confrontational person. It’s in his blood. Let’s just say that. I don’t want this poor kid and his family to just be overlooked.” At the end of the call, Witness No. 9 urged the officer to “get character reports from other people and see if he’s ever said anything about black people, about being racist or anything like that because I guarantee you there’s somebody out there who will say it.”That phone call was significant because it was placed two days after Zimmerman killed Trayvon and a couple of weeks before the case drew national attention. Witness No. 9 wasn’t seeking attention. “I’m a mom,” she told police. “I can’t stand seeing that some kid got shot and killed over a stupid fight, especially one that my [redacted] … because I know who he is.”
George Zimmerman

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer - U.S. News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies