Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 03:21 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
It seems like everywhere I turn, folks are predicting a race war. They’re convinced folks like Jesse, Al and the NBPP are encouraging it. They’re convinced it’s gonna happen any day now. And they have their legally carried guns on their person for when that time comes.

When will this war start exactly?

Perhaps it would be more beneficial if the racist, itchy-fingered gun toters and the ghetto thugs could set a date to make it happen. Pick a city and time and have it out!!

Let’s end the paranoia and get it started already. Bring all your frustrations for the race you hate with you that day! Hopefully in the end, no one is left standing and the rest of the civilized country can move forward with their lives, forever rid of the mental instability that is racism and “ghettoism”.
Go read on cnn or pmsnbc about the "gazzillions" of protesters out there if you're into that. All the pics look like recycled ows protests, a few hundred hungry mouths mooching off each other.
I'd have to say the ******* left wingers and their media buds are the ones itching for the war.
Most of the right op is bawling about actually went to work today, business as usual. Paying for your social programs lol

Old 07-15-2013, 03:21 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,930,397 times
Wow. This is ridiculous. Nobody of note has been on the record hoping for a race riot. Where do you people get this information. Not Al Sharpton, not Jesse Jackson, not the Tea Party. Maybe a random person here or there goes into business for themselves and acts like they speak for other people, but they don't. I heard a speech from a New Black Panthers leader today, and he said they are planning for very vocal demonstrations. Regardless of what you think of the outcome of the trial, that is their constitutional right. To the people on this thread who are hoping even one more person gets hurt under any circumstances, while you pretend to be on the right side on anything, you have no right to criticize any person or any group. You are frauds.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:26 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
The etymology of the word is that it's spanish for "black". Common knowledge...stop deflecting.

"Negro" has been accepted for centuries to describe dark skinned people from africa...until negroes in america decided they didn't "like" it any more and declared it "outdated" as a way to thumb their nose at white people. Some white people aren't easily manipulated.
Well maybe Black people didn't like it because they were sick of not having a say in what they call themselves. Blacks were sick of it and wanted to decide for themselves. Blacks in Africa never referred to themselves by the term you are espousing, but by their tribe.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
I see...In other words, you don't like the questions... and we all know why, too.
You didn't respond properly to the things I said either. You took it off topic. And there are other things I have mentioned that you haven't addressed.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I am white jewish. As far as i am concerned both those groups hate me. Funny how my race did more for the civil right movement than any others other thank black.
I know both groups hate Jewish people. Both groups hate Catholics as well. I'm Black and Catholic. How did Jews do more than Blacks? I know Jews were involved, but it seems like you're trying to downplay the role Blacks had in it.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:29 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Here we go with the old Whites are being oppressed routine.

Take out the violins and let's hear your story about the plight of the White man.
We have to work to support politicians and the bums that vote for them to start off with

Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I think the tea party and their christian identity militia friends are aching for one--the rest of the country just wants them to shut up and go away. I think most Americans have come a very long way since the 1960s, and most Americans don't hate other Americans because of race. I think more and more Americans are becoming color blind. Unfortunately, we still have some rotten apples in the basket in this country, and they're still trying to spoil the whole bunch.
Quote:
Yes, but getting rid of these bad apples is taking too long. They have kids and then those kids adopt the same mindset. I'm all for shortening this up with a race war at a designated place & time.

Perhaps instead of the battle they expect, we'll just nuke the entire area to ensure the victors go down too!
Seriously? Tea Party, which is a political anti-tax movement? Yet no mention of New Black Panthers. Sounds like we've got a few racists here who should be concerned about their own ignorance and bigotry, before going after "big bad Whitey."

Old 07-15-2013, 03:31 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Default Finally, in Oakland, some violence for the right to rally around

Christian Hartsock, conservative filmaker and Project Veritas member (undercover ACORN expose videos) claims he was he jumped and knocked to the ground by a mixed race mob. He was held down, kicked in the head and punched in the face, but managed to hold on to his cellphone, keys, and camera, and get up and fight off the mob single-handedly. An ABC news van feet away saw nothing.

Journalist: Martin protesters 'slugged me,' 'kicked me' in head | The Daily Caller

Old 07-15-2013, 03:32 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
It seems like everywhere I turn, folks are predicting a race war. They’re convinced folks like Jesse, Al and the NBPP are encouraging it. They’re convinced it’s gonna happen any day now. And they have their legally carried guns on their person for when that time comes.

When will this war start exactly?

Perhaps it would be more beneficial if the racist, itchy-fingered gun toters and the ghetto thugs could set a date to make it happen. Pick a city and time and have it out!!

Let’s end the paranoia and get it started already. Bring all your frustrations for the race you hate with you that day! Hopefully in the end, no one is left standing and the rest of the civilized country can move forward with their lives, forever rid of the mental instability that is racism and “ghettoism”.
The posters on this forum have been encouraging it. Did you miss all the "grab your guns to fight Obama's race war" posts last year?

Old 07-15-2013, 03:38 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It was the media reporting this. The media was the one plastering it all over, reporting on police preparation and the various tweets in social media.

And I think the media was hoping to see something happen. They were all over the US reporting on people's opinion of the outcome. What is so "historic" about this ? This was a media frenzy from the start.
Of course, like they say "No News is Good News". I can see it now: The news media showing people getting ready for peaceful protests-ZZZZZZZZZZ. Sensationalisism Sales, not Peace. The News media blew this thing up and the ratings would be great if there were riots as there were in the Rodney King Riots.

The News media is not there to make things better. They sale on doom and Gloom with an occasional feel good Puppy story If they were they would be pushing real stories on Cancer in the ederly and intercity gun violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies