Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 08:34 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
yes, we know how you feel. you don't want him to be a man, you want him to be a "boy". you want him to walk around like a 7 ft 3 year old like John Kofffee on The Green Mile. a lot of good it did him.
So the rest of us are "boys" because we don't act this way? "...we know how you feel"? I don't know anything about you, but you, and others know how I feel? Incredible! And racist.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:46 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
This is exactly the kind of hostile, aggressive, demeaning attitude that makes others want to avoid people like you, and brings you trouble! What makes thug style and attitude the mark of a black man? Black people don't act like this anywhere else on earth.

Why because some white person is afraid of me no matter what I'm wearing or what I look like? I guess that I should walk around with my butt cheeks cinched and talk with no bass in my voice so thay I don't scare those of you who are naturally afraid of a confident blackman. Better yet "Ise guess dat isa betta nots looks at dem white folks in dat eey when Isa wants to talks to dem" Because you are afraid of me I should change, what kind of Wiley Coyote BS part of the game is this anyway.

I'm also not suppose to stand up for myself either because I might be look upon as a thug and frighten you either?

Old 07-22-2013, 08:52 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,521,502 times
Quote:
So the rest of us are "boys" because we don't act this way? "...we know how you feel"? I don't know anything about you, but you, and others know how I feel? Incredible! And racist.
no, I don't think you are a boy, but you must think he and other black men are boys, feeling like you have the right to dictate how they should dress. because he didn't respond to your post the way you would have liked he is being "aggressive"? really?

Old 07-22-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why because some white person is afraid of me no matter what I'm wearing or what I look like? I guess that I should walk around with my butt cheeks cinched and talk with no bass in my voice so thay I don't scare those of you who are naturally afraid of a confident blackman. Better yet "Ise guess dat isa betta nots looks at dem white folks in dat eey when Isa wants to talks to dem" Because you are afraid of me I should change, what kind of Wiley Coyote BS part of the game is this anyway.

I'm also not suppose to stand up for myself either because I might be look upon as a thug and frighten you either?
Re-read the title of this thread: "I'm Mad at Black Males Who Commit Crimes That Cause People to Be Biased Toward All Black Men." My effort here was to help the original poster understand why this happens, and to learn something about it, myself.
Personally, I don't care how you act, and with luck we won't ever meet. If strutting around talking and acting like a thug makes you feel like a man, go for it! LOL, You surely won't be alone!
The rest of this post is as crazy as the one by Oleg Bach. (#459)

Old 07-22-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
no, I don't think you are a boy, but you must think he and other black men are boys, feeling like you have the right to dictate how they should dress. because he didn't respond to your post the way you would have liked he is being "aggressive"? really?
No need to respond, since you can read my mind. Simply amazing!

Old 07-22-2013, 10:41 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,521,502 times
Quote:
No need to respond, since you can read my mind. Simply amazing!
ok. well please tell us how his post was "hostile", "aggressive", and "demeaning". I've got to go to bed, but I look forward to your explanation.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:48 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,426,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I was just guessing and thought maybe you have a intimidating look about you.
I have a profile pix for all of you who haven't already checked it out or for those of you who want to see it. You tell me if I look intimidating

Old 07-22-2013, 11:49 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I guess that I should walk around with my butt cheeks cinched and talk with no bass in my voice so thay I don't scare those of you who are naturally afraid of a confident blackman. Better yet "Ise guess dat isa betta nots looks at dem white folks in dat eey when Isa wants to talks to dem"
That's over the top and stupid.

If you really believe that's what most white people want -- and that's regardless of their political affiliation -- you've either been brainwashed by too many Reverends Sharlatans, notWrights, and Jesse Jackasses... or haven't spent any significant time with white people. White people don't sit around all day figuring out ways to screw-over AAs.

As to appearances, right or wrong, old ladies are always going to clutch their purses in elevators whether a black guy comes in with disheveled pants sagging down his crack, or whether a white guy steps in with more tattoos and piercings than a sideshow carnival freak.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:52 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,426,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
No. It's not all black men. I can't think of anyone that would be afraid of encountering Bill Cosby, Obama, Denzel Washington or Will Smith types randomly on the streets.

If a young black man is smiling, well spoken and dressed as if out of the Huxtable family, then no one is at all afraid of him. But if that same young man is scowling, acting tough and dressed with his pants falling down... then yes, as a woman I might not want to share a sidewalk with him or his friends at night. A hoodie over the head and/or wearing dark glasses is not an appealing look to those who don't already know them.

^^ See, that is a very intimidating look imo. And BTW it would be a scary look if he were white or any other race.

Posing like a gangsta rap artist is just not attractive or appealing to most people who aren't into that music scene or lifestyle. And I think that blacks need to understand that.

And why can't young black youths be encouraged to learn how to speak English properly and without any ghetto slang? And they should also be encouraged to dress more neutrally and not like their favorite rap or r & b artist.

Otherwise, I understand why blacks turn to styling themselves in an intimidating way. They want to make themselves feel and look powerful to their peers. And maybe if they live in a poor or rough area, they need to look powerful and street smart in order to ward off would be bullies and thugs, but at the same time, that type of presentation causes the rest of society who don't live in the ghettos to fear them and feel uncomfortable around them.
I get your point, but white boys in my area are sagging. So are they labelled as thugs for sagging? I used to see them at my son's predominately white/Mexican high school walking to school or leaving school when I used to pick up my son. What's so funny is that when I was growing up in Compton in the 70s and 80s only the gangbangers wore baggy khakis or sagged. Today it seems that it's more than the black thugs, it appears to be the new fashion statement for black, white, asian, and mexican young men as well.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:58 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I get your point, but white boys in my area are sagging. So are they labelled as thugs for sagging? I used to see them at my son's predominately white/Mexican high school walking to school or leaving school when I used to pick up my son. What's so funny is that when I was growing up in Compton in the 70s and 80s only the gangbangers wore baggy khakis or sagged. Today it seems that it's more than the black thugs, it appears to be the new fashion statement for black, white, asian, and mexican young men as well.
Bad parenting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies