Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 08:44 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But this is something you aren't understanding. Black men like me are not contributing to the violence and the crime. When you see these crimes being committed by Black men, it isn't people like the Huxtable family or the like. It's some hood rat who was raised poorly. It is not me you should be worried about.

And how are law-abiding Black people suppose to take responsibility for those who keep committing crimes? I have a relative(a somewhat distant relative) who has been in and out of prison. My father has tried to talk some sense into him. He won't listen to my father, nor will he learn. My father can only do so much. Think about it. Hood rats often make fun of Black people like me. What can you do? I can only control MY behavior.
Not understanding? That we are suppose to be mind readers? To be able to determine who we have to be careful of, and who is safe? We should be able to automatically know which are the good ones, and which are the bad? The problem is, there are an awful lot of bad ones. For those of us, who live in urban areas, even more so. So, you believe blacks can't take responsibility for other blacks, yet leaders like Al Sharpton can place all focus on whites, yet never preach to his own? Yo man Trayvon, pounded the crap out of George Zimmerman, yet he was not suppose to defend himself? Many blacks are deploring the Stand Your Ground law, because these laws make it more difficult to assault someone and get away with it. When you attack a law designed to help defend yourself, and you defend people who assault, that is called "Guilt by Association".

It was indicated on talk radio, that if all black crime was separated from white crime, the crime rate in the U.S. would be the equivalent to that of Switzerland.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:44 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,244,818 times
"I'm Mad at Black Males Who Commit Crimes That Cause People to Be Biased Toward All Black Men"

Then why don't you do something about it?

And that dumbass in the white house can't figure out why white people lock the car doors when a black is near!!!!!

And here black women are just as bad, stealing from women as the return to their cars after shopping...

Old 07-22-2013, 08:55 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Not understanding? That we are suppose to be mind readers? To be able to determine who we have to be careful of, and who is safe? We should be able to automatically know which are the good ones, and which are the bad? The problem is, there are an awful lot of bad ones. For those of us, who live in urban areas, even more so. So, you believe blacks can't take responsibility for other blacks, yet leaders like Al Sharpton can place all focus on whites, yet never preach to his own? Yo man Trayvon, pounded the crap out of George Zimmerman, yet he was not suppose to defend himself? Many blacks are deploring the Stand Your Ground law, because these laws make it more difficult to assault someone and get away with it. When you attack a law designed to help defend yourself, and you defend people who assault, that is called "Guilt by Association".

It was indicated on talk radio, that if all black crime was separated from white crime, the crime rate in the U.S. would be the equivalent to that of Switzerland.
I can't believe such ignorance exist on this planet.

Should I presume that every white person I meet is a racist?? I mean I can't read minds. Most white people are said to be racist, perhaps they all are. Why can't whites take responsibility for the racist whites out here and fix them. Many whites are spouting off racist rhetoric on a daily basis.

If we got rid of all the white racist in the U.S., there would be no more racism in this country.

Should I get scared anytime a white man with a trench coat enters a building??? I mean white people do commit most of the mass murders in this country?

Old 07-22-2013, 09:01 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,832,732 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
You hit this right on the head. I have been trying to
say the same thing that you posted without being too emotional about it while
using the facts of this tragic incident to get people to understand how, even
though it's not fair, black men are labelled as suspicious by many frightened
people because of the disproportionately number of crimes that some black males
commit. To me it's a way for some of these people to justify their racism
because they don't seem to show the same bias toward white males who
disproportionately commit other types of crimes.
Fear is generally a learned behavior. Example: When an unknown Golden Retriever or Black Labrador comes racing up to me, I feel apprehension because dogs can bite. OTH, if a pit bull comes racing up to me I feel fear, even though it is not as large. Why? Because I have learned that the first two are unlikely to bite, while a pit bull is one of the most likely to bite.
I think the same analogy applies to people. If an unknown white guy walks up to me, I am less apprehensive than if an unknown black guy walks up to me. That is because I have learned that black men commit a disproportionate number of violent crimes. This is not anecdotal evidence. It is a proven fact.
I think the average person (any race) feels the same way. We fear violence much more than we fear property crime, and it is simply fear, not racism.
Unfortunately, many black men will probably continue to be feared until the disproportionality ends.
Finally: Wearing thug-style clothing enhances people's fear, and is something anyone can change to decrease that fear.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:07 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,634 times
[quote=Futuremauian;30605747]
Quote:

Fear is generally a learned behavior. Example: When an unknown Golden Retriever or Black Labrador comes racing up to me, I feel apprehension because dogs can bite. OTH, if a pit bull comes racing up to me I feel fear, even though it is not as large. Why? Because I have learned that the first two are unlikely to bite, while a pit bull is one of the most likely to bite.
I think the same analogy applies to people. If an unknown white guy walks up to me, I am less apprehensive than if an unknown black guy walks up to me. That is because I have learned that black men commit a disproportionate number of violent crimes. This is not anecdotal evidence. It is a proven fact.
I think the average person (any race) feels the same way. We fear violence much more than we fear property crime, and it is simply fear, not racism.
Unfortunately, many black men will probably continue to be feared until the disproportionality ends.
Finally: Wearing thug-style clothing enhances people's fear, and is something anyone can change to decrease that fear.
Well then you are not street smart. You should be apprehensive if any unknown man walks up to you. Does it matter what race of the man is once you are on the sidewalk shot bleeding?

Old 07-22-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
To some white (not all, but some) people, this is a case of "thug" who beat someone and got what was coming to him. To a lot of black people (not all, but a lot), this is the case of a guy heading home from the store minding his business who ended up dead because someone was scared of him. Since a lot of black men have experienced random people being scared of them, the idea of some armed guy confronting you with his suspicions then shooting you, and getting away with it, is frightening.

Since it is not clear who actually started the fight, I think people tend to imagine the scenario that fits their fears and react to the case accordingly. But no one wants to hear what the other is saying. It's easier to throw around insults than empathize.
So many black people just insist on calling Zimmerman white. He is not white. He doesn't look white. Yet, because that is what you want to see, Zimmerman becomes white, just like with the evidence, you see what you want to see, you hear what you want to hear. It makes it even more convenient to hate him all the more, if he is labeled white.

This was not a case of some innocent black kid on his way home, minding his own business at all. This was a wise ass punk, that didn't like the idea of Zimmerman confronting him on what he was doing? All yo man Trayvon had to do, was speak with a bit of mutual respect, explain he was just going home, and there wouldn't have been a problem. Why is it, so many blacks sort of forget the part where Trayvon was beating the crap out of Zimmerman? Why is it, the visual evidence of Zimmerman's injuries are ignored? This was a clear case of self-defense. The most important thing, why is it so many other similar cases where a white person was attacked, and killed since this happened never made headlines??

And guess what? Whites as well as brown people like Zimmerman have the right to defend themselves. And the Stand Your Ground Law is a good law.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:10 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:

No one is asked you to be a mind reader. I'm asking that you differentiate between decent Black people and criminals. Something, I may add, many people don't do. I'm saying it is quite unfair that decent Black people like me should be lumped in with criminals. I've been profiled and followed around in a few stores before. Being treated like a criminal is not fair for me.

First of all, I don't know that many people that pay attention to Al Sharpton. Second of all, when have I once bashed "Stand Your Ground" laws? Or better yet, think about this. There is a Black woman in Florida who stood her ground, fired warning shots at an intruder. No one was hurt. However, she doesn't get to benefit from Stand Your Ground. She's going to be locked up for this.

And there is another problem. You listening to talk radio, you're bound to get a biased opinion. I don't know who you listen to, but I don't listen to the likes of Limbaugh, Imus, or the like. There is something else that radio show didn't consider, and something I am considering. If you separate law-abiding Black people from criminals, the crime rate would look quite low as well.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:11 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:

It was on talk radio, so it must be true.

Bonjour!

Old 07-22-2013, 09:12 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Well then you are not street smart. You should be apprehensive if any unknown man walks up to you. Does it matter what race of the man is once you are on the sidewalk shot bleeding?
That is the thing with me. It doesn't matter to me what race a person is. I keep my guard up no matter what race a man is.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I can't believe such ignorance exist on this planet.

Should I presume that every white person I meet is a racist?? I mean I can't read minds. Most white people are said to be racist, perhaps they all are. Why can't whites take responsibility for the racist whites out here and fix them. Many whites are spouting off racist rhetoric on a daily basis.

If we got rid of all the white racist in the U.S., there would be no more racism in this country.

Should I get scared anytime a white man with a trench coat enters a building??? I mean white people do commit most of the mass murders in this country?
Yes, white people are committing crimes all over the place. Mass murders are being committed on a daily basis. Consider how stupid your statement is, consider the probability, then contrast it with the amount of white people that make up the entire population? Ask yourself, why is it blacks represent approximately 13% of the population, yet commit about 85% or more of the violent crimes in this country? Ask yourself why are the predominantly black neighborhoods in every single urban area in this country dangerous. Why is it many blacks prefer to live in a predominantly white neighborhood.

Most black people are racist, but they are allowed to be, that is why you insisted on labeling a brown man white. As much as you would like Zimmerman to be white, to rationalize hating him even more, he isn't white. He is a person of color, so get mad at your own, for once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies