Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 01:19 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,720,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
I don't know if TM was guilty of any theft but notice that white kids smoking weed and drinking beer is a benign offense... For TM that was enough to justify his death.
TM didn't die because of smoking weed, did he? If I recall at the trial he viciously attacked someone and was murdered in self defense

Old 07-20-2013, 01:23 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
The majority of Black people aren't criminals.
I don't think anyone thinks the majority of Black People are criminals. I do think a large number of Black People want to change the subject. I do know that nothing will bring the dead young man back to life. Perhaps Zimmerman realizes his stupidity for getting out of his vehicle in the first place. I don't know. I do know I'm disgusted when reading about meetings a long way from where it happened about marches and protests. Not a word from those same people if a person of another race is shot by a Black person. That's all right. Too bad, how sad, your dad. Next!

The thing is, there have been killings and more killings and they won't stop. It's been that way ever since I was born. What about you? Did it just start? It's true what the OP posted, but, most didn't want to discuss that. They want to give it another meaning, Not so close to home.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:50 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilipepper35 View Post
I understand what you're saying.

However, there's evil in every race and group. You can't judge ALL by the actions of a few. If you have 100,000 white men hooked on meth running around robbing, and stealing do you blame the other 50 million white men in the country. Do you watch all white men closely because of the 100,000 meth addicts? NO!

This is what people have to learn. You are not responsible for those men that commit crimes. You're only responsible for you.

You have white gangs, black gangs, Hispanic gangs...I could go on and on.

You also have white, black, brown people getting up every morning to go to work, putting themselves through school and who are trying to live the "American Dream".

The thing is, the news tends to highlight the Black and Hispanic criminals more.
This is the entire problem. Not willing to accept any responsibility. Blacks only represent approximately 13% of the population, yet commit an extremely large proportion of the crimes, particularly violent crimes. Not just in this country, but in other countries with similar demographics. One out of three black men are either in prison, or have been in prison. Even Sesame Street had to have a new muppet, "Alex" with a father in jail because SS felt a need to represent that segment of the population, for those kids, who actually know their father, and happens to be in jail as well.

Obama really made himself look stupid trying to compare himself to yo man Trayvon. It seems the president is going to represent black America first, and everyone else second. To hear him wimper, he knows what its like as a black man, to see women clutch their purses in elevators, to see people insure their car doors are locked when a black man walks by, to know sales clerks and security, suspect you are a potential shop lifter when in a department store. These images do not come out of know where! I have been the victim of black crime, and I will always remember what it is like to be a victim, and I will always be prepared. Once you've been a victim, your innocence is gone, along with your trust. Trust is something that has to be earned! It is not owed!

A black person commits a crime against you once, and shame on him. A black person commits a crime on you again, and shame on me--if not taking the proper precautions. You must always be prepared, in case your preminition comes true! Statistics are real, and once you've been a victim, you will never forget.

What is also interesting, is that blacks will often subjugate whites in similar ways. Putting us all into one category, judging us as all the same. They deplore whites doing the same thing to them, but do it to whites all the time as well. The irony, of course is that whites are so diverse, from all different backgrounds, and socio-economic classes.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:11 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
This is the entire problem. Not willing to accept any responsibility. Blacks only represent approximately 13% of the population, yet commit an extremely large proportion of the crimes, particularly violent crimes. Not just in this country, but in other countries with similar demographics. One out of three black men are either in prison, or have been in prison. Even Sesame Street had to have a new muppet, "Alex" with a father in jail because SS felt a need to represent that segment of the population, for those kids, who actually know their father, and happens to be in jail as well.

Obama really made himself look stupid trying to compare himself to yo man Trayvon. It seems the president is going to represent black America first, and everyone else second. To hear him wimper, he knows what its like as a black man, to see women clutch their purses in elevators, to see people insure their car doors are locked when a black man walks by, to know sales clerks and security, suspect you are a potential shop lifter when in a department store. These images do not come out of know where! I have been the victim of black crime, and I will always remember what it is like to be a victim, and I will always be prepared. Once you've been a victim, your innocence is gone, along with your trust. Trust is something that has to be earned! It is not owed!

A black person commits a crime against you once, and shame on him. A black person commits a crime on you again, and shame on me--if not taking the proper precautions. You must always be prepared, in case your preminition comes true! Statistics are real, and once you've been a victim, you will never forget.

What is also interesting, is that blacks will often subjugate whites in similar ways. Putting us all into one category, judging us as all the same. They deplore whites doing the same thing to them, but do it to whites all the time as well. The irony, of course is that whites are so diverse, from all different backgrounds, and socio-economic classes.
I think the issue is that when a white person is a victim of a crime by a black person, they aren't around black people all the time so they start to associate blacks to crime. However, when a white person is a victim of a crime by another white person, that's not all they know of white people. They have a white mother and father, brothers and sisters, friends who they've grown up with all their lives, so they only associate the crime with that one white person instead of the entire race.

I know a woman who was out one night with her boyfriend when they were forced at gunpoint into a warehouse by five black guys and both were raped in every hole for nearly ten hours. Luckily they got out with their lives, but both have an extreme fear of black people. I don't know about the boyfriend (they broke up shortly thereafter), but the woman gets the shakes and won't even get on an elevator if a black man is in it. If these five guys had been white, she would still be afraid of white strangers probably, but she wouldn't be afraid of all white men because she has a white father, several brothers, etc. It's irrational, but I can't judge her based on what she's been through. Who knows what I would do in that situation.

I'm sure a black woman raped by a group of white men would feel the same way about white men. She'd be afraid to be near them.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:13 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
White-on-White Crime: It Goes Against the False Media Narrative

As the largest racial group, whites commit the majority of crimes in America. In particular, whites are responsible for the vast majority of violent crimes. With respect to aggravated assault, whites led blacks 2-1 in arrests; in forcible-rape cases, whites led all racial and ethnic groups by more than 2-1. And in larceny theft, whites led blacks, again, more than 2-1.
<snip>
The term "black on black" crime is a destructive, racialized colloquialism that perpetuates an idea that blacks are somehow more prone to violence. This is untrue and fully verifiable by FBI, DOJ and census (pdf) data. Yet the fallacy is so fixed that even African Americans have come to believe it.
<snip>
Wilson says that instead of attributing increased crime activity to poverty, inequality and disenfranchisement, the media chose to blame "a supposedly defective, aberrant black culture."

Much more at link.
It's a pretty spot-on article.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/12s0325.pdf
Arrests by sex and age.

Last edited by chielgirl; 07-20-2013 at 02:23 PM..

Old 07-20-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
That's a jacka$$ statement because obviously you never went and looked at any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Is that supposed to be some kind of retort? Your retort is a fallacy.

Are you going to stick your tongue out a me, too?

My post was not hypocritical, but your posts are ridiculous.
You have no credibility, go peddle your lies elsewhere.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:27 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,720,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
White-on-White Crime: It Goes Against the False Media Narrative

As the largest racial group, whites commit the majority of crimes in America. In particular, whites are responsible for the vast majority of violent crimes. With respect to aggravated assault, whites led blacks 2-1 in arrests; in forcible-rape cases, whites led all racial and ethnic groups by more than 2-1. And in larceny theft, whites led blacks, again, more than 2-1.
<snip>
The term "black on black" crime is a destructive, racialized colloquialism that perpetuates an idea that blacks are somehow more prone to violence. This is untrue and fully verifiable by FBI, DOJ and census (pdf) data. Yet the fallacy is so fixed that even African Americans have come to believe it.
<snip>
Wilson says that instead of attributing increased crime activity to poverty, inequality and disenfranchisement, the media chose to blame "a supposedly defective, aberrant black culture."

http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/12s0325.pdf
Arrests by sex and age.
If you don't want to accept the truth thats alright.. maybe your afraid.. idk. But don't post bogus stats your not fooling anyone.. that' s like saying in china Chinese people commit the bulk of the crime..

let us not forget that in the never ending effort to skew the facts ucr now views hispanics as either white or black hispanics... but please explain how Your numbers are not percentages and why you dont think that is relevent..

Your figures are from 2009 and if you look at the 2010 census data blacks represent only 12.5% of the countries population!

Last edited by flycessna; 07-20-2013 at 02:48 PM..

Old 07-20-2013, 02:36 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post

But this is something you aren't understanding. Black men like me are not contributing to the violence and the crime. When you see these crimes being committed by Black men, it isn't people like the Huxtable family or the like. It's some hood rat who was raised poorly. It is not me you should be worried about.

And how are law-abiding Black people suppose to take responsibility for those who keep committing crimes? I have a relative(a somewhat distant relative) who has been in and out of prison. My father has tried to talk some sense into him. He won't listen to my father, nor will he learn. My father can only do so much. Think about it. Hood rats often make fun of Black people like me. What can you do? I can only control MY behavior.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:37 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
I don't know if TM was guilty of any theft but notice that white kids smoking weed and drinking beer is a benign offense... For TM that was enough to justify his death.
If I recall, he was engaged in felonious assault and attempted murder at the time of his death.
That is why GZ was acquitted for he killed in SELF DEFENSE.
The evidence presented at the trial (if we can call it that) failed to support the prosecution's (and mob howling) claim that TM was an "innocent" victim of a crazy ass crackah.
And that's a fact.

All the false claims of racism, white privilege and profiling are a lame attempt to hide the truth - TM was the aggressor, and was killed in the act.

Even the FBI investigation found no grounds for a claim of racial bias in GZ. (Was Holder wailing and gnashing his teeth at this?)

Ergo, all the race baiting hustlers out in front, yelling "Justice for Trayvon" are actually urging felonies in memory of a dead felon. That is tragic. And embarrassing for those who are fooled by such demagogues.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
If you don't want to accept the truth thats alright.. maybe your afraid.. idk. But don't post bogus stats your not fooling anyone.. that' s like saying in china Chinese people commit the bulk of the crime..

let us not forget that in the never ending effort to skew the facts ucr now views hispanics as either white or black hispanics... but please explain how Your numbers are not percentages and why you dont think that is relevent..
Census bureau provides bogus stats?
Or don't you like them.
Guess what, hispanic isn't a race.
Big duh for your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies