Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 10:11 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
GM, screw that! Why should we had to explain for the misdeeds of others? I don't ever hear anyone else apologizing for the things that their relatives or someone that looks like them did, so why should we? The powers to be want whites afraid of their own shadows and anyone that does not look like them so that they can sell more guns and pass more restrictive laws to imprision more people. The vast majority of people believe everything that the government puts out in statistical form and never bother to look at the numbers more closely. For example, you hear that blacks make up 13% of the population but commit 40% of the crime in this country BS! That means that 60% of the violent crimes in this country are committed by 87% of the population! Lets break it down this way, that number comes from the results of convictions, which we all know that the court system is skewed towards those with money and are non-black. They are also throwing around the mythical number of 70% of black children are born out of wedlock, but yet they omit the fact that many blacks in this country marry late in life AFTER having kids and the number also does not count gay parents and kids being raise by other non-traditional households. Question, how can blacks make up 70% of unwed births but yet are not the biggest recievers of welfare? Does that mean that eventhough they are fatherless/motherless does that mean that they are still surviving without the help of the government, which means that these single parents are taking care of their responsibilities.
Doh! Seems like someone never heard of the term "per capita," which is taught in 9th grade high school social studies class. (Or it at least used to be)

Old 07-21-2013, 12:20 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Doh! Seems like someone never heard of the term "per capita," which is taught in 9th grade high school social studies class. (Or it at least used to be)
Judging from many of the remarks from the rabid radicals social studies nor civics were taught either, because if it was they would know that the president's power is limited to some degree especially the purse strings which is now held by a dysfunctional congress

How can you with any conscious focus entirely what I said but yet ignore the myraids of post that lump all blacks in same group while ignoring whites, asians and latinos at the same time

Old 07-21-2013, 12:44 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
Judging from many of the remarks from the rabid radicals social studies nor civics were taught either, because if it was they would know that the president's power is limited to some degree especially the purse strings which is now held by a dysfunctional congress

How can you with any conscious focus entirely what I said but yet ignore the myraids of post that lump all blacks in same group while ignoring whites, asians and latinos at the same time
The problem I have with understanding this event and the response to it, is that 8,000-9,000 African-Americans are murdered each year by other AAs. Yet for more than a year, the AA community has focused on a single shooting because it was done by a white/Hispanic? While tragic, it pales by comparison to the big picture!
It seems logical that the protests going on should be about all of the killings, rather than just one. Shouldn't the President be addressing the bigger picture, as well?

Old 07-21-2013, 12:49 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
When looking at the reason Zimmerman was found not guilty, I came to the conclusion that I shouldn't be angry at Zimmerman for being found not guilty. I'm angry at the judicial system for allowing him to kill an unarmed innocent male (who happened to be black) over a basic fist fight that he was losing. In addition, I am angry at the fact that black males who are committing crimes have caused people to fear and be biased toward all black men.

Law abiding black males are, in a sense, victims too. Law abiding black males are victims of black males who commit crimes at an disproportionally higher rate than white males if that stat is accurate (even though there are reasons for their behavior which would need to be addressed in another forum) and this has resulted in BIAS and FEAR among white Americans as well as black Americans living in communities where they are reading about and seeing on the news crimes committed by black males.

Unfortunately, this is a problem for black males like me, who have never committed a crime, and basically can't walk down many streets in America without someone profiling us and asking what is this black guy up to or doing? This is my reality as a black man in 2013, and probably will continue to be as long as black males continue to commit crimes at high rates. I have already warned and told my two black sons that if they are confronted by anyone, try to be reasonable, courteous, and respectful or you may end up like Trayvon Martin.
What are your thoughts about this topic?

I am a black male and never experience white people being uncomfortable when I walk past them on the street. Actually some white people have even stopped me and asked for directions so maybe it's the way you are carrying yourself.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:57 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,894 times
As a black man, I am mad at any race of people that comes to my country and does everything but contribute to the betterment of my country. It makes me mad when I hear about people coming from less prosperous countries that choose to live the dream by involving themselves in serious crime to get-rich-quick schemes.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:57 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,784 times
Quote:
I haven't.

See post:

//www.city-data.com/forum/30588175-post348.html

Old 07-21-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I am a black male and never experience white people being uncomfortable when I walk past them on the street. Actually some white people have even stopped me and asked for directions so maybe it's the way you are carrying yourself.
Maybe it is because where you live whites do not fear blacks as much as the ones that have no contact with them and rely solely on the media to dictate what black people are really like to them.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Like I mentioned before thes statistics are from those who are actually convicted of a crime.
This opens up alot of theories and truths regarding the legal system in this country thus skewing the statistics

Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free …

Another reason that the incarseration rate is higher for blacks:
The Truth About Black Crime - Peace Education in Action, …

This is not just happening in Florida either:
All-white jury pools convict black defendants 16 percent more ...

Old 07-21-2013, 01:46 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,634 times
Slavery, jim crow, all of that was violent. There is nothing mundane about being hosed down, hung up on a tree by your balls, or having dogs tear you apart. It's not secret that white people victimized blacks for on a constant basis in this country that often times resulted in death.

For over a century whites told blacks, that black life is worthless and not important and suddenly white people ask why are blacks killing other blacks???? It's a learned behavior.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
The problem I have with understanding this event and the response to it, is that 8,000-9,000 African-Americans are murdered each year by other AAs. Yet for more than a year, the AA community has focused on a single shooting because it was done by a white/Hispanic? While tragic, it pales by comparison to the big picture!
It seems logical that the protests going on should be about all of the killings, rather than just one. Shouldn't the President be addressing the bigger picture, as well?
Zimmerman's race is really irrelevant to the case as a whole but the way the whole thing was conducted in the first place.

1. He admitted killing an unarmed person and was allowed to walk that same night w/o any significant investigation base on his word
2. He was not given any kind of blood or alcohol test to find out his frame of mind at the time, but yet Trayvon's was given one and the results were admissable in court
3. zimmerman's story did not make sense and when questioned again it changed
4. The "investigating officer" did not believe zimmerman and wanted him held for futher questioning but was over ruled and later sided with the defense.
4. zimmerman was caught lying to the previous judge so the point that his lawyer asked to remove him
5. The proscution did not properly prepare their witnesses and appeared to just "go through the motions"
6. The jury selection was questionable at least and tainted at most, were three out of the six had some ties to the legal system (family lawyers or in law enforcement) and therefore could have been informed on the case.

Whites and others are quick to deflect about the killings of black on black crimes, but fail to accept that the biggest mass murders in U.S history had all been white males. Just like your stats proved that whites kill more whites than blacks do has more to do with accessibilty and not intent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies