Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 09:55 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times

Advertisements

I don't know what the point was of the photographer releasing those photos. "I want people to see who the REAL Boston bomber is". Uh, mkay. And? It's just a couple pictures of this guy again, with blood on his head. And by the way, this photographer didn't help his case when he released one of the pics of the guy pulling up his shirt. That's a hot pic too. Just can't get it right, can they?

And yes, he should've been reassigned for releasing those photos. Those were taken in an official capacity & he wasn't given permission to publicize them. It's his own fault that he got in trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 09:58 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
The people in Boston stamping their feet are liberal democrats. So, that kinda makes your statement kinda stupid.
I'm talking about the right-wing clowns here. Their whining makes them look kinda stupid. Wah! Rolling Stone put the wrong picture of a criminal on their cover! Wah!

How delicate can you get?

Old 07-19-2013, 10:00 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Uh-huh.

It will be on me just like the next guy who shoots up a school or movie theater or park or... will be on all of those who refuse to accept additional gun regulations.

See how that works?
For those who accept common sense into their daily lives, know full well that gun regulations will not prevent a mass assailant from acquiring the necessary firearms and ammunition to carry out the attack. Again, murder is illegal, as it stands. Nothing is more illegal than murder.

There is a distinct difference between those glorifying mass murderers, like yourself, and preventing murder through additional regulation. Existing statistics prove your line of thinking wrong, as it stands.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:01 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
CVS and other stores are not going to sell the issue in their stores. I hope Rolling Stone Magazine has another revenue source to make up for missed monies for that issue. What a stupid idea for a cover!

Old 07-19-2013, 10:02 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Gutfeld: Mag inserts evil into cliched 'bad boy' formula | Fox News Video

Wow

Old 07-19-2013, 11:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I don't know what the point was of the photographer releasing those photos. "I want people to see who the REAL Boston bomber is". Uh, mkay. And? It's just a couple pictures of this guy again, with blood on his head. And by the way, this photographer didn't help his case when he released one of the pics of the guy pulling up his shirt. That's a hot pic too. Just can't get it right, can they?

And yes, he should've been reassigned for releasing those photos. Those were taken in an official capacity & he wasn't given permission to publicize them. It's his own fault that he got in trouble.
It seems very odd to me as well. If anything, I would think they would be more likely to evoke sympathy for the kid than disdain 'cause you know, people are strange like that.

As for the actions by his employer - that's between him and them.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:33 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
For those who accept common sense into their daily lives, know full well that gun regulations will not prevent a mass assailant from acquiring the necessary firearms and ammunition to carry out the attack. Again, murder is illegal, as it stands. Nothing is more illegal than murder.

There is a distinct difference between those glorifying mass murderers, like yourself, and preventing murder through additional regulation. Existing statistics prove your line of thinking wrong, as it stands.
I could just as stupidly argue that anyone who buys a AR-15 is glorifying the actions of those who used them to kill innocents but that wouldn't be any more valid that your stating that I am "glorifying mass murder" by buying a magazine.

That is like saying that anyone who learns to pilot a plane is glorifying those who flew the planes into the Twin Towers.

Get over it.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I could just as stupidly argue that anyone who buys a AR-15 is glorifying the actions of those who used them to kill innocents but that wouldn't be any more valid that your stating that I am "glorifying mass murder" by buying a magazine.

That is like saying that anyone who learns to pilot a plane is glorifying those who flew the planes into the Twin Towers.

Get over it.
Don't forget your issue of "Terrorism Monthly"... or "Better Bombs and Martyrs".

Old 07-19-2013, 11:47 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Don't forget your issue of "Terrorism Monthly"... or "Better Bombs and Martyrs".
Hey, if the guys are hot, I'm in.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Hey, if the guys are hot, I'm in.
America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies