Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 12:33 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I agree, the problem is Zimmerman never chased Trayvon. He never stalked him like many of you claim he did.

He shot Trayvon because Trayvon was committing a crime, it's called assault.
Oh, he just happened to find himself in the same area that Trayvon had headed, the alley-way along which Trayvon's Dad's finance's home was?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
A complete lie, of course...if GZ had not been pursuing TM the two would never have met. TM did not particularly want to encounter the "creepy-ass cracker."
Pro-Zimmerman people keep ignoring this fact.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:35 PM

408 posts, read 215,060 times
Quote:
It's called sarcasm. You should really stop lecturing anyone else if you couldn't figure that out.
That you now claim it was sarcasm proves that you are at least capable of embarrassment.

In the vacuum of knowledge you are operating with I guess that is a good thing.

Quote:
Actually having a criminal justice degree helps me a great deal . . .
Sweet merciful Jesus riding sidesaddle on a rainbow unicorn you are freaking hilarious.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
Not only is it legal and expected it is a fundamental design element of the development Zimmerman lived in.

Zimmerman's gated community is a model of CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design) which features a design layout with minimal entrances and long sight-ways that puts residents in a position to observe intruders. A primary intent of the design is to provide opportunities to see and be seen, to identify those who don't belong.

The City of Sanford and other Florida towns encourage this. Sanford offers to have the Sanford Police Department review and inspect properies for security using CPTED concepts.

Sanford doesn't go into detail of these concepts but the City of St. Petersburg Police Department does.

"Territorial Reinforcement" has some interesting principles:
"An environment designed to clearly delineate private space does two things. First, it creates a sense of ownership. Owners have a vested interest and are more likely to challenge intruders or report them to the police. Second, the sense of owned space creates an environment where "strangers" or "intruders" stand out and are more easily identified."
There's a big difference between a stranger and an intruder. Unfortunately Zimmerman had Trayvon pegged as the latter when he was really the former.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:36 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Actually having a criminal justice degree helps me a great deal in seeing how the law is applied: haphazardly, unequally and without regard to common sense.
You apparently missed all the classes as nothing you said so far makes me believe that you have attended any of the classes.

For example, what are the three elements of self defense?

Old 07-21-2013, 12:37 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Pro-Zimmerman people keep ignoring this fact.
Following someone is not illegal, elle, and it has no bearing in the determination of next course of actions. I have told you over 10 times and you need to let it go.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
This truly depends. If the chaser is chasing someone with gun in hand, I would agree. If not, it is a totally different situation. There was a case where a bulgar was running away with a bag of loot. When the owner caught up with him, he swung his bag of loot at the owner's head. The owner responded with stabbing him in the chest and he died. The owner was cleared of all charged due to self defense.
In that case, the "loot" was a bag of car radios. Why chase the burglar? The burglar wasn't armed but he could have been and he could have shot the idiot savant chasing him. Instead the burglar died.

That's not justice. That's murder. You should not get the death penalty for stealing a car radio. That's why blood-lust vigilantes love stand-your-ground. They can be police, judge, and executioner and dole out death penalties for petty crimes.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:42 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Oh, he just happened to find himself in the same area that Trayvon had headed, the alley-way along which Trayvon's Dad's finance's home was?
He didn't just happen to find anything, didn't you listen or watch any of this trial where all of this was explained?

Old 07-21-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Following someone is not illegal, elle, and it has no bearing in the determination of next course of actions. I have told you over 10 times and you need to let it go.
That is why I am proposing a change to the laws, so that if you chased a person down, as Zimmerman did, and they respond to that by standing their ground, and perhaps punching you in the nose, then you can no longer claim stand-your-ground.

Especially if you are armed, and your assailant wasn't. Especially since as a civilian you have no identifying badge. Especially if the person you are following is a child. Especially if the person you were following was not committing a crime against you when you started following them.

We need to put an end to vigilante justice, especially against people who were committing no crime.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:44 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Actually having a criminal justice degree helps me a great deal in seeing how the law is applied: haphazardly, unequally and without regard to common sense.
Now that's the funniest and wildest thing I've read in any Trayvon/Zimmerman thread on this forum. LMAO...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies