Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 09:51 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um. the insurance companies rebate amount is based upon of your share you pay into the overpayment that needs to be reimbursed to the insurers..
Is that the income based rebate? I have no idea how that works, because we don't qualify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 09:53 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
The story that I liked to in the OP, clearly acknowledged that..
Then why did you make such a statement?

Old 07-20-2013, 09:53 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why is that a utopia world. Are you jealous or something to say that. You know sometimes good people just want to treat their employees as good people as well.
What exactly am I supposed to be jealous of? The fact that you think questions stop in mid stream before one hits a question mark? I can just see the discussions with your boss going something like this.

Boss: Did you happen to see the weather
You: yes, yes I did.. its going to be fantastic
Boss: in Oklahoma and how they are having tons of tornados..

haha.. tornados, fantastic.. but you got your $100..

Old 07-20-2013, 09:55 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
but you got your $100..
And jealous you didn't.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Is that the income based rebate? I have no idea how that works, because we don't qualify.
The more you pay in insurance, the more your rebate is..
So someone who pays $15k a year, will get a check 25% less than someone who pays $20K a year..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Then why did you make such a statement?
What statement, that the average premiums increased? Because that what it says..

Old 07-20-2013, 09:57 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
What exactly am I supposed to be jealous of? The fact that you think questions stop in mid stream before one hits a question mark? I can just see the discussions with your boss going something like this.

Boss: Did you happen to see the weather
You: yes, yes I did.. its going to be fantastic
Boss: in Oklahoma and how they are having tons of tornados..

haha.. tornados, fantastic.. but you got your $100..
I don't know....maybe your insurance sucks and your boss is a jerk. I have no idea but you seem really angry and taking out your frustrations here on posters

Old 07-20-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
And jealous you didn't.
I pay about $500 a year, and pocketed the $19,000 savings that the average premium cost, yeah.. I'm jealous you got your $100.. You figured it out..

Give it a break.. Why are you guys hijacking the thread into something so dumb? Obama said premiums would fall 3000%, and not only did they not fall, they climbed about 10%, while idiots celebrate their .5% rebate check.. yeah.. I'm jealous..

Old 07-20-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't know....maybe your insurance sucks and your boss is a jerk. I have no idea but you seem really angry and taking out your frustrations here on posters
Really, what part of my postings display anger? The fact that I'm laughing my ass off at people who cant understand basic math? Sorry, that doesn't make me angry, its actually pretty pathetic..

Old 07-20-2013, 09:59 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
The more you pay in insurance, the more your rebate is..
So someone who pays $15k a year, will get a check 25% less than someone who pays $20K a year..

What statement, that the average premiums increased? Because that what it says..
According to ABC, that's NOT how it works. Companies who spend less than 80% of the premiums they take in on actual health care are required to refund the difference to consumers. It has zero to do with how much you pay, and everything to do with how your health insurer spends your premium. We didn't get a refund (personal or the company), so I take it we have insurance with a company using our premiums to actually provide services.

Obamacare Health Insurance Rebates: Who Gets a Check? - ABC News

Once again, you have no idea what you're talking about. No surprises there.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
According to ABC, that's NOT how it works. Companies who spend less than 80% of the premiums they take in on actual health care are required to refund the difference to consumers. It has zero to do with how much you pay, and everything to do with how your health insurer spends your premium. We didn't get a refund, so I take it we have insurance with a company using our premiums to actually provide services.

Obamacare Health Insurance Rebates: Who Gets a Check? - ABC News
That's who gets a check, not how much is reimbursed.

Do you really think a family of 4 will get the same rebate as a family of 1 who pays less in insurance premiums?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies