Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 11:25 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Technically, assassinating a congressman doesn't mean you will go to jail, but it is still illegal and if you don't get off you would go to jail.
That's right, as I said, murdering someone does not mean you'll go to jail.

But since you can't distinguish between running a red light and leaving a dead body after committing a homicide I guess you'll have trouble figuring out what I'm saying.

Quote:
I'm not against firing a warning shot. I just despise ignorance and stupidity. Currently it is illegal to fire a warning shot, aside from a gun range and parts of the country you aren't allowed to fire a gun at all unless it is in self defense.
Then you should despise yours.

Currently it is illegal smoke a joint of marijuana. I still see people do it in broad daylight on their porches and steps all over the city of Milwaukee.

Quote:
Wrong again genius. It's not about the law offending anyone, it is about knowing what the law is. Suppose someone read your posts and took them seriously.
Genius, if the man in the article of post #1 fired a round into the ground he likely would not be in the trouble he's in now. No, it's not likely the police would have arrested him. New Orleans is worse than Milwaukee. I doubt the NOPD would have even come knocking on his door.

Quote:
There is no god, no heaven, no hell, and no Santa Claus.
The anti-gun liberals ought take note to this. As they like to portray all people of your beliefs about guns and shooting kids as religious zealots.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:26 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,790 times
If you find yourself in someones backyard at 2AM expect the possibility youmight be shot

Just Sayin

Old 07-28-2013, 11:35 AM

17,427 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Trayvon was a 17 year old black teen being followed by a skinhead in the deep south. He had every reason to be afraid for his safety. The fact that Zimmerman tracked him by car and on foot is in itself threatening. I am a woman and I certainly would have felt threatened if a strange, shaved headed man followed me by car and on foot on a dark and rainy night.
Trayvon's dad was a skinhead too.

True story.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:35 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
If you find yourself in someones backyard at 2AM expect the possibility youmight be shot

Just Sayin
No.

That's the time when you exit your house leaving a wife & kid behind so you can discuss with the kid what his intentions are and if he needs a hand carrying your grill out to his buddy waiting in the street.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:40 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
What if the kid was retrieving a tennis ball, or his cat ran under the car? The point is, this homeowner didn't know anything. Just last summer I was running around in people's backyards in the dark because my friend's dog got loose and took off after a rabbit. If I'd lived around some of you folks, I'd be dead.
Ooooh Oooooh 'What IF' wait now hold on just wait you KNOW you want to.........

It was anti gunner Carl Rowan who shot a drunk white kid for swimming in his pool from the 2nd floor, with a GUN that had it's serial numbers ground OFF in Washington DC

Where is carl these days i hope he is stiil doing hard time

Carl Rowan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-28-2013, 11:45 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Does a 14-year-old potential burglar deserve the death penalty? That is, if the homeowner had called the police, and the police had apprehended this unarmed boy, do you think he would have been sent to the electric chair? Tell me what he would have been charged with to warrant the death penalty.

That is exactly what we're talking about here. The kid was not an armed robber. He was a kid who apparently stole things. He didn't know better because he was FOURTEEN YEARS OLD. Are all kids now supposed to have the maturity level of 30-year-old adults, or else be killed?
You "know better" at age 14.

The significant question here is when do you shoot someone let alone a teenager? Each person has to ask themselves that question.

I've been shot--multiple times--which ironically for me is why I don't want to shoot people over things I previously might have before. I will still shoot someone--even a teenager--over certain things. Looking in my car would not be one of them nor running off with an outdoor barbecue grill (I'm not talking about one of those several thousand dollar ones). I'll buy a new f__ing grill.

What property is valuable enough for you too shoot someone over if the thief is actually physically taking something that belongs to you? Each person has to decide that for themselves. If you're poor and need that $5,000 used car you bought and use to get to work so you can provide for yourself or your kids and wife, then maybe that car is more valuable and needed for you than a $60,000 car someone that earns $800,000 a year has.

Les Miserables Life Lesson.mov - YouTube

Old 07-28-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That's good advice.

I've spent my entire life in the criminal justice field and every cop I've ever met has told me if someone has broke into your house you kill them. Off the record of course.
That means you shoot to stop and you stop them forever...... In court you shot to stop, the bad guys death was his bee's wax not yours.

We shoot to stop. I will even give 1 verbal warning. Stop NOW.... Bad guy twitches and he gets shot.

Whether or not he lives after 2 in the chest, and one between the eyes of 240 grains of .45 is up to him.

I wish him luck.

As for my conscience i don't think i have one, when it comes to 6 time losers, that scream they plan to kill every living thing.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:01 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That means you shoot to stop and you stop them forever...... In court you shot to stop, the bad guys death was his bee's wax not yours.
That is exactly what any good LE official will tell you. It's exactly how I was taught.

People have such a disjointed view of guns and safety in general. They don't understand that guns/personal safety involve a protocol that if followed correctly will greatly increase your safety and reduce the need to use force, deadly or not.

Of course there may be a time where you must use force. That's because punks don't follow laws/have discipline. They force your hand.

It amazes me that all the scrutiny falls on the crime victim when stuff like this happens.

Did you ask the bad guy to leave?

Did you say please?

Did you say pretty please?

Gimme a break!

Old 07-28-2013, 12:07 PM

this is telling about female blacks, by a black man...

SnowBird Exposes Black Women As Desperate & Insecure..See How!! - YouTube

Old 07-28-2013, 12:21 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That is exactly what any good LE official will tell you. It's exactly how I was taught.

People have such a disjointed view of guns and safety in general. They don't understand that guns/personal safety involve a protocol that if followed correctly will greatly increase your safety and reduce the need to use force, deadly or not.

Of course there may be a time where you must use force. That's because punks don't follow laws/have discipline. They force your hand.

It amazes me that all the scrutiny falls on the crime victim when stuff like this happens.

Did you ask the bad guy to leave?

Did you say please?

Did you say pretty please?

Gimme a break!
would that reduction in the need to use force also include not shooting people in your yard who pose no immediate threat to you ornyour family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies