Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 09:00 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
REALLY? I think the burglar got what he deserved. He wasn't just trespassing, he climbed over a fence, a person that is willing to do THAT is willing to do anything not to get caught.

So you would be willing to watch out your window while some punk empties your yard, hoping the police get there before he leaves?
Yes I would. That's preferable to giving some 14-year-old kid the brain of a vegetable.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:13 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,226,123 times
That stupid punk already had the brain of a vegetable! Or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Yes I would. That's preferable to giving some 14-year-old kid the brain of a vegetable.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:17 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
That stupid punk already had the brain of a vegetable! Or less.
You know nothing about him and make a judgement based on ignorance.

Last edited by natalie469; 07-28-2013 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 07-28-2013, 09:20 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Evidently New Orleans Police don't have the best reputations or response time. The police were called in Connecticut when a mother and two daughters were raped and burned to death a few years ago. In fact they were camped out outside while they were being raped and killed. You can catch the documentary on HBO. Some folks don't want to wait.
He didn't want to wait and now is going to be facing some jail time.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:22 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
So you would be willing to watch out your window while some punk empties your yard, hoping the police get there before he leaves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I am willing to watch some punk empty my yard while waiting for the police to arrive but the problem is I would be scared to death that they weren't willing to stay in the yard. I would have every reason to believe that they plan on coming in my house because they have already shown that locked doors are ineffective and immaterial to them. Then, when the police still haven't arrived, what am I supposed to do? Am I allowed to defend myself then or do they have to have a knife at my throat before I am in imminent danger? Have actually injured me? Where is that magic line where I am allowed to protect myself in your eyes?

Old 07-28-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
What would have been wrong with calling the cops?

Is there ever a situation when murdering unarmed teenagers is not okay? In the past day, I've read the same people defend murdering (or trying to and being bad at it) unarmed black teenagers for walking down the street, trespassing, and listening to their music too loudly and being rude.

Why don't we bring back the all white juries of the not so distance past and make it de facto legal to murder anyone you want so long as they're black?
^^^ This.^^^

Old 07-28-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
In a free country, you are allowed to get out of your car and follow someone. Why do you keep forgetting that.
As long as it's not a black male following YOU. Then you and the other gun-lovers would be loudly proclaiming your right to defend yourself.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:29 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I am willing to watch some punk empty my yard while waiting for the police to arrive but the problem is I would be scared to death that they weren't willing to stay in the yard. I would have every reason to believe that they plan on coming in my house because they have already shown that locked doors are ineffective and immaterial to them. Then, when the police still haven't arrived, what am I supposed to do?
Well last year around 2am I heard someone trying to get in our front door. I am a very light sleeper. I woke my husband up and he called the police. He also got the baseball bat and told the guy through the front door that he would bash his head in if he didn't leave and the guy left. You don't need to kill someone

Old 07-28-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
People, all people, have the right to defend themselves and their property. In LA you have to wait until someone breaks in to defend yourself, but in other states like TX, IL, CT, GA you don't have to wait. It's not that hard to teach someone that burglary is wrong. Also, it's not true that cops can't shoot you for trespassing, they can if you are on certain government property or at a nuclear power plant.
Yeah, why wait? Why not just start shooting people if they are walking by your house at night and looking at your house? After all, if they're black, you just know they have burglary on their minds.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
If I have a fence around my property, I consider the yard inside the fence as being part of my house. This is no different than being at my bedroom door.
I guess you sleep outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies