Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 07:11 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,942,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You've never had a kid cut through your backyard? Again, what kind of places do you guys live?
There is a difference between a kid cutting through your back yard, and a kid leaving his bike with a friend on the other side of the street as he jumps the fence into your back yard.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:13 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatAnc View Post
Guess the old man should have just let this thug attack him and murder him instead of defending his property with deadly force...what a f'ed up society we live in.Blame the victim aka the home owner and not the criminal.
Where has anyone suggested that the homeowner had no right to defend himself and should let the "thug" attack and murder him?

Is there any indication that the teenager was there to attack and murder? And if he was, then the homeowner would have had every right to defend himself.

But he wasn't in any immediate danger. No one was trying to attack him. No one was trying to murder him.

If you have to pretend the situation was something other than what it actually was in order to justify trying to kill someone, there's a good chance that shooting was not necessary or justified.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
He didn't lose a hand. He lost the use of half his body. He is 14 years old. He wasn't trying to enter the premises. Christian values? Um.. think about it.
In fairness, he did attempt, successfully, to enter the premises. He climbed a closed fence to enter this homeowners property.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:14 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
The punk is going to spend 30 years in prison for attempted murder of a child.
You say this based on a few newspaper articles without hearing the whole story.

Keep your mind open that there maybe a whole lot more to the story.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:22 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Entire post = Total BS

You are referring to your own post right?

The "cocktail" to which you refer requires another, essential, ingredient: Codiene, which was not in Trayvon's possession. Trayvon did not have a history of breaking into houses. He was on suspension from school, as are thousands of students across the country on a daily basis.

Trayvon was a 17 year old black teen being followed by a skinhead in the deep south. He had every reason to be afraid for his safety. The fact that Zimmerman tracked him by car and on foot is in itself threatening. I am a woman and I certainly would have felt threatened if a strange, shaved headed man followed me by car and on foot on a dark and rainy night.

How is Zimmerman a skinhead? A quarter black skinhead? Also, Florida isn't exactly the Deep South (which is usually considered to be South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and sometimes Tennessee) and the Orlando area isn't all that Southern.

So, you are wrong, anyone with common sense would have felt threatened by Zimmerman's behavior on that night. Trayvon was not on drugs, he had nothing to hide, he was not a violent thug, he was just walking home. Nothing would have happened to either Trayvon or Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had just stayed in his truck, as he was requested to do.

According to Rachel Jeantel was that Trayvon thought that Zimmerman was planning on raping him. Since much has been made of "irrational suspicions" on the part of Zimmerman. I find it quite ironic that the homophobic paranoia of Trayvon gets a complete pass. Also, for someone who was not a thug, he seems to have adopted a prison mentality. Because I cannot think of any other place that when you see someone of different race following you and you immediately think "this guy is planning on sodomizing me against my will" other than prison.
My text is in bold.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, we have too many people with guns killing others at will because they feel "threatened"
I can't think a better reason to kill someone. Perhaps the real problem is that there are too many people out there being threatening.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:29 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Uh oh Black media has got a whiff of the story. Shouldn't be long now before it blows up.

The Next Trayvon? 14 year Old Marshall Coulter Shot by White Man - Black Listed - EBONY

Old 07-29-2013, 07:30 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Uh oh Black media has got a whiff of the story. Shouldn't be long now before it blows up.

The Next Trayvon? 14 year Old Marshall Coulter Shot by White Man - Black Listed - EBONY

Old 07-29-2013, 07:31 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
I would agree that race has nothing to do with this although the racists and haters are doing mental gymnastics trying to say it does. So in that regard, its probably as close to the Trayvon / Zimmerman case as its going to get.
The shooter will certainly be held accountable for his stupidity and recklessness and breaking the law. So did the kid who was shot. He's paying a heavy price for a moment of reckless stupidity in deciding to commit a crime.
Again, a similarity to the Trayvon/ Zimmerman case. Two idiots on a collision course that most thinking people would have avoided. Maybe that's about as close to the Trayvon/Zimmerman case as it will get.
Another idiot kid ..... yeah, that could have been Obama 35 years ago. At least the idiot part. That hasn't changed.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:32 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Poor serial burglar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies