Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 06:04 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I don't care WHAT age you are. If someone cuts the big chain I have on my gate AT 2 am in the morning I am going to "assume" they are up to no good.

other then your personal "opinions" on the homeowner you don't "know" jack.

Just like all those that said Zimmerman was going to jail before knowing all the facts.
And then you will go to jail. Sorry about your luck.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:13 PM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
He cased it and scaled it.

A neighbor has it on his private security tape.
I know. Unlike many, not you, who respond on here, I actually read the article AND looked at the pictures.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And then you will go to jail. Sorry about your luck.
We'll see.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Perhaps a minimal evaluation of the situation is in order before firing. Just like a minimal evaluation of the situation and the slightest attempt to diffuse it wouldn't have ended in a guy holding a garden hose nozzle being shot to death by the cops.

If people want guns for self defense, fine. But use them for self defense, not as an alternative to being a reasonable human being. A gun is not a substitute for a brain, and people who act like it is belong in prison, removed from society before they needlessly kill anyone else.
"Perhaps a minimal evaluation of the situation is in order before firing."

Did you bother to read the article BEFORE coming to a conclusion and making a lot of "he could haves".?

The home owner did DID a minimum evaluation as you suggest.

The crook "made a move". He COULD have had a gun. It wouldn't be the first time a crook was armed.

Would you prefer that the homeowner NOT fire then if the crook was armed, got off the first shot?

Old 07-28-2013, 06:42 PM

109 posts, read 157,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Actually, it's not enough to make a would-be burglar and his friend to leave. At least not for me, and here's why...

1. I don't know their real identity. And what if they leave and go rob some house in my neighborhood or city where the people aren't home to stop them? Yes, I may have prevented a crime to ME, but they are eventually going to commit a crime to someone else and I could have stopped this train wreck from happening.

2. And I don't know if sometime down the line, those two punks decide to revisit my house one night to see if I am not home. And they end up stealing from me, just later on down the line. Again, just scaring them off does NOT break the cycle of stealing.

3. And what if somehow I could stop them from stealing from me and to have them arrested? Well in this case, they were two teenage losers. The worst they get is juvenile court and while they do their community service, they learn how to be better criminals. And the reason I think this way is that Coulter's family was aware of his prior burglary arrests and they did nothing at all constructive about turning this kid's evil ways around. And neither did his church pastor. So prayers to their god were useless also.
How do you know that? You think this poor kid was retarded? You think he'd hang around after having a gun pointed at him? Oh, wait, of course he was retarded, he was black (yeah, I saw what you said earlier in this thread, I know what you're about).
And what's this about the kid's parents not doing anything to reverse his past? Can you verify this? Do you know for a fact that they didn't do anything? You must have factual evidence of this, otherwise you wouldn't have made that statement. You know, somebody an this thread mentioned something earlier about the family. Single mother, seven kids to take care of. I'll bet my bottom dollar and then some that this poor woman was doing everything she could to help her son with his issues. But, wait, I've forgotten one vital factor: he was BLACK!!!. Yeah, right...
And I like your wording of the last sentence, there: "their god". I'm not sure what you're implying, but since I already know you're racist, I think I know...

Old 07-28-2013, 07:32 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
So far as I am concerned color should not have anything to do with it, but then i don't get to make the rules.

You and elliment like to pretend that the facts are not the facts and pipe dream new facts up.

Often times the 2 of you enter in Zimmerman who is 1/4er black as white.

And all the time you mitt any white victims at all.

This is no different really from Carl Rowan shooting a white kid who was drunk and swimming in hos pool when being in possession of a hand gun in DC was forbidden, much less a hand gun with the numbers ground off.

There are many reference to travon in this thread all here by the black female PC who won't stay to topic in the first place.

If you don't like it report the thread. It isn't my job top see threads stay on topic.

I am coming to understand that black females think they can allow their sons to do as they please when it just isn't so.

This is a part of the How Come I think so, and by a black male.

SnowBird Exposes Black Women As Desperate & Insecure..See How!! - YouTube

Should i not believe a black male commenting on black females?

So I'm to understand that your opinion of blackwomen is based on the ASSumptions of this thie fourth rated, self hating wannabe blogger? This clown made alot of generalizations about both white and blackwomen That I can personally prove him wrong and if he would have said any of his BS in front of my BLACK wife or my WHITE sister-inlaw I would have personally put my black foot so far up his ass he would think that my shoelaces was his tongue. I can only question why one self hating negro can give credence to what you already believe in the first place.

It just stupid fools like this make blacks as a whole look even more messed up than what the media already does. No other ethnicity does it but blacks, which in itself is truely disturbing. I would bet that he does not know the history of this country and is proably a first or second generation black living in this country, considering all blacks looks the same to most whites anyway.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:37 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
this is telling about female blacks, by a black man...

SnowBird Exposes Black Women As Desperate & Insecure..See How!! - YouTube

Guess what? This Uncle Ramos does not represent all of us and I bet that if you really wanted to (which you don't) could look on you-tube and easily find a blackman that will counter everything that this clown said.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:07 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What makes this case so interesting is the fact that the only way for someone to be in his yard is to scale a fence or physically cut thru it.

The homeowner did a fantastic job in lowering the chances of someone simply stumbling into his yard (a drunk, a lost soul).

He effectively said to himself and punks: if you find yourself in my yard you had intent on being there.

Someone willing to do what this punk did is an indication of danger...fire away!
Then why is the man in trouble with the law?

Or do you mean aside from or irrespective of the law that in real life, in terms of facts, the guy was likely in danger?

Old 07-28-2013, 08:18 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightleopard654 View Post
And I like your wording of the last sentence, there: "their god". I'm not sure what you're implying, but since I already know you're racist, I think I know...
I said that because I don't believe in a god. And I am not impressed with professed christians... and there are a lot of christians in the south. And also most blacks down there are christians.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:23 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightleopard654 View Post
You know, somebody an this thread mentioned something earlier about the family. Single mother, seven kids to take care of. I'll bet my bottom dollar and then some that this poor woman was doing everything she could to help her son with his issues. But, wait, I've forgotten one vital factor: he was BLACK!!!. Yeah, right...
I am sure a single white woman with seven kids would have problems too. What does being black have to do with anything?

A suggestion...no matter what color ya are do not scale a gate and be in someone's yard at 2 AM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies