Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2013, 09:45 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post

Are you that weak that that's all you can contribute? Liberals are increasingly weak in their cheap-shot rhetoric. Grow up.
It's interesting that you whine about "cheap shot rhetoric", but offer nothing at all in the way of a rebuttal. Here's O'Reilly doing exactly what I said above:

At 1:25, he blathers about how he's the only person talking about it, proclaiming that "race hustlers" like Al Sharpton (shown here discussing gun crime in black communities a month before O'Reilly's tirade) have made it toxic to discuss. At 3:30, he begins blaming black women for crime.

As a Bonus, here's Marc Morial pointing out that O'Reilly was entirely wrong, and asking him to step into a black community to see what people were doing. O'Reilly responded by throwing a tantrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 12:06 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
O'Reilly is correct at 3:35. Unwed mothers and broken families is a major cause of juvenile crime.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:10 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I actually find what he says very interesting. He, Obama, Condoleezza Rice, Natasha Curry, Bill Cosby, and Colin Powell should have a frank discussion about issues with black poverty, education, incarceration, and how reform should start. Invite Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

I am sure it will all end with a consensus that it is all due to slavery, oppression and discrimination.
Actually one area I think Obama has done a good job doing is exactly that. He's been criticized by the Black Left for continuing to speak about the need for fathers in the Black community and other issues.

His MLK speech was criticized by the Black Left.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:45 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
O'Reilly is correct at 3:35. Unwed mothers and broken families is a major cause of juvenile crime.
You obviously have not been following the posts. The white out of wedlock birth rate has increased over 300% since the 60's. If this was really the culprit of crime and violence, then where is the corresponding increase in rates of crime and violence in the white community relative to the 60's?

You see, what many white folks are tying to do is to find a SUBSTITUTE for the accrued impact of centuries of white racism, to be used to EXPLAIN the difference between the rate of socioeconomic dysfunction between the black population and the white population. The strategy to accomplish this is predicated upon making racism....MYTHOLOGY...or an odorless, harmless, invisible gas that never produced ill effects. Hence, once they carpet bomb the narrative with those untruths, then they drop propaganda pamphlets proclaiming the inferiority of black people leads them to perform and behave inferior, and nothing else.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:57 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Really? how many black people do you actually know and had conversation with, or do you just parrot what those idiots from faux tell you?

Old 10-22-2013, 06:48 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,047,128 times
I doubt one of MLK's fellow Civil Rights leader would go do an interview with a foaming at the mouth racist.

Last edited by kovert; 10-22-2013 at 07:19 PM..

Old 10-22-2013, 07:04 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Black people could learn from the Whites

Trailer: The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia

Old 10-25-2013, 01:31 PM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
As far as "not going far enough", I have to wonder about this. Is this what Lemon wants: Black shame - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have to wonder if some people want Blacks to say "we are ashamed of our people, we have nothing good to offer". I have to wonder if that is what some people want.

I'm not saying there aren't issues that need to be addressed, because there are. It would be a lie to say it isn't the case. However, I also wonder if some people just want Black people to look down on themselves.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:52 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
And they just flee, like you did. And it's funny how when whites flee those same community - the ones we created, in fact - the blacks and liberal loons like to label us under the guise of racist "white flight." Absolutely pathetic and cheap, on so many levels.
LOL, please read article below:

Affluent African-Americans Live in Poor Neighborhoods More than Middle Class Whites

I am a middle class black person and I live in one of the worst neighborhoods in the city of Atlanta that is majority black. I am very much involved in my community and am actively working to improve it. Our crime rate decreased by 45% over the course of the last 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I wonder if Don would have jumped on the Stromfront bandwagon the same way eventhough they hate gays?
I agree with your questioning. I alluded to this earlier in a PP that I do think Don Lemon is "mad" at black America due to being treated harshly by black people because of his homosexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Actually one area I think Obama has done a good job doing is exactly that. He's been criticized by the Black Left for continuing to speak about the need for fathers in the Black community and other issues.

His MLK speech was criticized by the Black Left.
Glad you pointed this out. Black people criticize other black people all the time. We all do not have the same POVs contrary to what many believe. And FWIW the "black left" is not inclusive of all black people. Obama gave a similar speech to the graduates at Morehouse last summer and it was thought of highly. As an AUC graduate I am glad he highlighted the need for Morehouse men to be successful fathers and husbands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
As far as "not going far enough", I have to wonder about this. Is this what Lemon wants: Black shame - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have to wonder if some people want Blacks to say "we are ashamed of our people, we have nothing good to offer". I have to wonder if that is what some people want.

I'm not saying there aren't issues that need to be addressed, because there are. It would be a lie to say it isn't the case. However, I also wonder if some people just want Black people to look down on themselves.
I think Lemon wanted national attention. He got it based on this dialogue and secured the commentary segment on Tom Joyner's show which not only raised his salary substantially (this is a nationally syndicated radio show) but also his reach to black Americans in general. And FWIW, the last commentary I heard him give was a lambasting of the GOP for "drinking the Obama hater-aid" LOL. So please don't believe he saves all his controversial comments only for black people. You all just aren't paying attention to his other comments since he is just as harsh on white conservatives.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:09 AM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
I think Lemon wanted national attention. He got it based on this dialogue and secured the commentary segment on Tom Joyner's show which not only raised his salary substantially (this is a nationally syndicated radio show) but also his reach to black Americans in general. And FWIW, the last commentary I heard him give was a lambasting of the GOP for "drinking the Obama hater-aid" LOL. So please don't believe he saves all his controversial comments only for black people. You all just aren't paying attention to his other comments since he is just as harsh on white conservatives.
I've never heard of Don Lemon until now, so if he was seeking attention, he got it. I don't have cable, so I don't watch FOX. However, I know of FOX from when I once had cable.

I just question his motives because of the concept of "Black shame". Sometimes I do feel like there are those who want Blacks to feel ashamed of themselves as a race. There are those who feel validated when a Black man says "there are no redeeming qualities about Black people" albeit in a more subtle way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies