Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 01:36 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I actually find what he says very interesting. He, Obama, Condoleezza Rice, Natasha Curry, Bill Cosby, and Colin Powell should have a frank discussion about issues with black poverty, education, incarceration, and how reform should start. Invite Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

I am sure it will all end with a consensus that it is all due to slavery, oppression and discrimination.
Why do you say that, and if you don't agree with this, what would the causes of this be, in your opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 01:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I can honestly say that it did not stop MY progress but it sure enough slowed it down. In the past 15 years I have had resumes tossed until I used a different address. I went to interviews and once I was there the position was closed. I was hired at the same rate as someone with 10 years less experience and a high school degree verses my B.S in the same field. I was accused of sexual harassment by a mentally deranged white female who later quit her job after a tryst with the janitor that she met in the stairwell. I was accused of harrassing a white female in college that did not exist by a racist substitute teacher (not professor) at PSU. A whiteman came and tried to swindle my 82 yr old mother for a loan to repair her house. There are more instances, but have all whites stopped my progress, no but some of them made a hell of a run at it.

Gee, Edward A it must be nice to be able to go through life as a black person and not have a clue that racism does happen to other people and that it is no fault of their own.
Probably because he's not a black person...........but we all know this anyway.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:57 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I actually find what he says very interesting. He, Obama, Condoleezza Rice, Natasha Curry, Bill Cosby, and Colin Powell should have a frank discussion about issues with black poverty, education, incarceration, and how reform should start. Invite Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

I am sure it will all end with a consensus that it is all due to slavery, oppression and discrimination.
I can tell that you are not inclined to black people much since all the above people and regular old black people in general have frank discussions about all of the above every day. Even Jesse and Al Sharpton do. Al Sharpton also has a segment on the show I mentioned on days opposite those of Don Lemon.

Contrary to what you may believe and what many of the non-black posters state on these forums, black people not only have frank discussions be we also do implement "reform." That is why poverty has declined, education has increased and incarceration has declines. Those things didn't happen because the government (or liberals) gave us some sort of special black check or program. It happened because people in black neighborhoods and individual black families make, every day a conscious effort to be good, well rounded people and also to help our underclass. We pay more attention to our underclass since they are thrown in our face a lot, versus white people who ignore poverty stricken, uneducated, and incarcerated white people along with the drug addiction issues at large in "white America."

Old 10-10-2013, 02:01 PM

27 posts, read 18,539 times
Quote:
I'm curious to know what black people YOU personally know that don't understand what's being talked about... We in the black community know what the problems are and we're slowly but surely climbing out despite opposition by white conservative know it alls...
Really...please give us examples of white conservative opposition.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:38 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Russ might not agree on everything with the Don, but he seems to respect the Don.

It isn't so much about what Don is saying, but the fact that he is throwing his weight in with Bill O'Reilly. Where was Don Lemon when Bill Cosby was trying to get a certain segment of the Black population to get its act together? Bill Cosby is actually speaking to Black people and not behind the desk at FOX News.

Many Black people acknowledge that there are many problems in alot of Black communities. The issue is the vindictiveness to which Bill O'Reilly was saying it. In my opinion, Bill O'Reilly was appealing to those persons who might have resentment and anger towards Black people.

Think about this too. Barely 1.4% of FOX News audience is Black. Chances are, there is a higher percentage of Blacks who are conservatives. If even Blacks who are conservative don't watch FOX News, what does that say?

Old 10-10-2013, 07:45 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Probably because he's not a black person...........but we all know this anyway.
No, he is black at least physically and is one of those people that is just as dangerous to the black community as a drug dealer. The difference is instead of spreading dope in our communities he spreads misinformation and ignorance in order to be accepted by the same people who despises him.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
No, he is black at least physically and is one of those people that is just as dangerous to the black community as a drug dealer. The difference is instead of spreading dope in our communities he spreads misinformation and ignorance in order to be accepted by the same people who despises him.
In some ways, it can be more dangerous than a drug dealer. Drug dealers get thrown in prison for what they do. Those who perpetrate self-hatred and ignorance suffer no punishment for it. In some cases, said persons can get rewarded for it.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:00 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It isn't so much about what Don is saying, but the fact that he is throwing his weight in with Bill O'Reilly. Where was Don Lemon when Bill Cosby was trying to get a certain segment of the Black population to get its act together? Bill Cosby is actually speaking to Black people and not behind the desk at FOX News.

Many Black people acknowledge that there are many problems in alot of Black communities.
And they just flee, like you did. And it's funny how when whites flee those same community - the ones we created, in fact - the blacks and liberal loons like to label us under the guise of racist "white flight." Absolutely pathetic and cheap, on so many levels.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
And they just flee, like you did. And it's funny how when whites flee those same community - the ones we created, in fact - the blacks and liberal loons like to label us under the guise of racist "white flight." Absolutely pathetic and cheap, on so many levels.
Excuse me? I never lived in a ghetto. In fact, the closest I came to living in one was when I lived in a suburban apartment complex, so don't come at me with this "you fled" stuff. I was a child when I left that apartment complex, so I never had a say. My father was the one who left his neighborhood when it was getting rough. He did just as many White people had done, vote with their feet. He didn't create those problems. He just left when the problems started getting worse. The persons who DIDN'T create the problems did just as Chris Rock suggested, "vote with your feet". What is the difference between a Black person fleeing to a safer place and a White person fleeing to a safer place provided the reasons are exactly the same?

You suggesting Blacks shouldn't flee but Whites should shows hypocrisy.

And what more question: What does anything you have said have anything to do with what I was saying? I was not even talking about "White flight". I was talking about the fact Don Lemon was basically sucking up to Bill O'Reilly, and the fact that Bill O'Reilly was really appealing to those who have resentment towards Blacks. Why pick out the one part that sticks out in my statement, and turn it into a different subject? Why?

Old 10-10-2013, 08:18 PM

21,482 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Some good points are made in the linked segment BUT you have to be cautious when criticizing black culture in the presence of white supremacists. Billy does not have the best interest of the black community in mind when he brings up this subject. So cosigning what he's saying is not in the interest of black folks! Don Lemon has a point but we should NEVER even consider the opinions of people like Bill O'Reilly because he is a great deceiver. He mixes truth with lies to influence behavior to his advantage...
Shabazz, believe it or not, most people in the white community are not white supremacists. The laws aren't the only thing making people accept black people. I actually saw a black columnist/blogger say after the Trayvvon Martin verdict that it was open season on black people. He was basically saying that the law was the only thing holding back white people from shooting black people all the time. That's just asinine. We're not all out to get you. Most of us want you to succeed. And while I think Bill O'Reilly is a pompous a s s, I'm pretty sure he's not a white supremacist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies