Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 06:15 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
The fact that some other black guy was breaking into houses has nothing to do with Martin, and of course claiming that wearing a hoodie in the rain is suspicious is laughable. Also, I have to note that, although Zimmerman was supposedly worried that Martin had a gun, he then creeped behind him in his car, and then got out of his car and ran after him on foot when Martin tried to run away. I'll also note that Zimmerman never said that Martin reached into his waistband, but merely that he had one hand there, as well as holding "something" in his other hand.

In any event, it's grimly amusing to note the double standard at play here. Walking around in weather-appropriate clothing is "suspicious", but pulling to the side of the road to stare at someone is totally normal. Having a hand in a pocket is frightening, but creeping behind a pedestrian in your car is normal. If you have candy and a drink, you're on drugs and thus a vicious thug, but if you get out of your car with a gun to chase after someone you've clearly frightened into running from you, well you're just worried about the neighborhood. It's all quite telling, when it comes to some folks' irrational fear of black people.

You know the sad thing about it even if Trayvon did not have such a dubious past, they still would have made seem to be his fault

Old 08-09-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Neighborhood Watch - Zimmerman's position in this gated community - well liked by all. It was his job to suspect anyone he did not recognize. It was his job to stare. It was his job to take account of his surroundings. Zimmerman wasn't the pizza delivery, hence, he would be watching Trayvon.

Actually he was "supposely" on his way to Target and was not on duty. Which means that he should have reported the (non)incident to the authorities and been on his way

Back on topic, he didn't call several friends to dogpile and gouge out TM's eye or tie barbed wire around his neck or shoot him in the face and throw him in a river. No comparison to Emmett Till - not one iota.

Except that he was killed for doing nothing wrong and he happened to be black

Why didn't TM have any facial wounds? Zimmerman was too short to reach his face. Self-defense - shoot the aggressor to save your life. Case closed. No comparison to Emmett Till - not one iota.
Don't you find it odd that a grown man could not manage to get at least one punch in against a kid, who unlike zimmerman did not take self-defense classes. I guess that zimmerman taking a class on SYG laws did not ring a bell either

Last edited by simetime; 08-09-2013 at 06:29 PM..

Old 08-09-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I lost all respect for the woman( I won't call her a lady any longer)

That is pure race baiting, using false propaganda.
We will never get over the hump, to unite as Americans, with closet racist like Oprah has turned out to be.
But yet you have a boner for beck and a hard one for hannity and they are doing the exact same thing on the other side

Old 08-09-2013, 06:27 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Rather you like the comparisions or not they are still there....sorry
There are closer comparisons between the Atlantic Ocean and my toilet bowl than between the Till and Martin cases.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trayvon should have just went home with his skiddles instead of beating Zimmerman's head into the pavement and breaking his nose and straddled him on the ground. His actions of violence brought it to the next level.
Who is to say that zimmerman would not have went into the house and shot Trayvon and his little brother anyway? To tell someone to run home and lead a possible killer to an unprotected home is really dumb

Old 08-09-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
There are closer comparisons between the Atlantic Ocean and my toilet bowl than between the Till and Martin cases.
But yet no one can deny that there are some rather you like it or not.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:36 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
But yet no one can deny that there are some rather you like it or not.
So what. Give me any two incidents, killings, events, places, and I'll give Something similar to compare. Besides, Oprah said, Emmitt Till, Trayvon Martin, same thing. It isn't that I don't 'like' the comparison. It's a factually stupid and historical garbage analogy. If Oprah, Crump, you, and others need a more recent symbolic victim of racism than Till, can't you find a better case than Martin.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:45 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Who is to say that zimmerman would not have went into the house and shot Trayvon and his little brother anyway? To tell someone to run home and lead a possible killer to an unprotected home is really dumb
Err---Martin was out of Zimmerman's sight for more than three minutes. Use common sense, when I was a 17 year old who weighed about 160 and stood 6 foot tall no 205 pounder would catch me even given a 30 second head start, give me 10 seconds in all probability if he is armed.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:50 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
What a stretch.. get real!

Old 08-09-2013, 08:18 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What a stretch.. get real!
He was planning on decapitating both of them and placing their heads on pikes at the gated entrance to deter future burglars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies