Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 01:16 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Guns are just tools. It takes a person to pick it up and shoot someone else.
They have a rampant crime problem in Chicago.
Kids gone wild.

But none are ready to admit that yet.
It can be admitted if you can admit that other cities have far worse crime problems and murder rates. Also, if you admit it is only certain areas of Chicago and not the city as a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 01:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
It can be admitted if you can admit that other cities have far worse crime problems and murder rates. Also, if you admit it is only certain areas of Chicago and not the city as a whole.
I'm not the one that needs to do the admitting.

None of the big cities admit they have rampant youth crime problems.
So it just continues to grow.
And it can't always be self-contained to the "bad sections" as we are starting to see from MSM reports.

While nationwide juvenile crime is down, urban based juvenile crime is up.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:17 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
I'm not the one that needs to do the admitting.

None of the big cities admit they have rampant youth crime problems.
So it just continues to grow.
And it can't always be self-contained to the "bad sections" as we are starting to see from MSM reports.

While nationwide juvenile crime is down, urban based juvenile crime is up.
of course, and of you try to talk some sense into them and they just happen to be not white you are a racist...liberals and their moronic policies kill everything they touch.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:24 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Who bombs abortion clinics? Who is stockpiling guns thinking that Obama is coming to get them?
bombing a abortion clinic and trying to assassinate head of state or two very different things. when was the last bombing? then Google the last attempted bombing/act of violence from OWS.

Comparing violence to buy arms is at best moronic, as for thinking Obama and the dems want to take me, we have good reason to think that, their words, their speech's, their actions.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Guns r not killing Chicago
Violence hatred and a whole lot of trying to make others pay u respect is killing Chicago
Black on black violence is not the path to god
A Chicago native

Old 08-17-2013, 10:49 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yes paranoia is the fuel of gun nuts.
I disagree. I think eventually there will be more gun laws passed. It is inevitable.

The surveys show a long term trend toward fewer and fewer households owning guns. Those surveys are done every year.
You realise you don't have to own a gun to support gun rights and fewer restrictions, right? The fact that fewer households have guns in them is indicative of, well, nothing in terms of political persuasion involving gun rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Anyone that is a nuts about gun is a gun nut.

The word fan comes from fanatical.
Ok well, what qualifies someone as "nuts about guns"

Someone who owns one? Someone who owns two guns? Three guns? Four guns? How about me? I own over ten, quite a few were passed down or inherited. Does that fact alone make me "nuts about guns"

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 08-17-2013 at 11:24 PM..

Old 08-17-2013, 11:38 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Most of the gun violence in Chicago is in about 10 neighborhoods, give or take a couple, the far south and far west.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:41 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Most of the gun violence in Chicago is in about 10 neighborhoods, give or take a couple, the far south and far west.
If people were serious about making the streets safe & bettering the lives of the poor & minorities, we'd go completely Ross Perot. Cordon off the highest gun violence neighborhoods, have the police go door-to-door & confiscate all unregistered guns. 90+% gun violence reduction in 48 hours.

While the idea is completely against my principles it'd be an intelligent approach. It's not right wing "gun nuts", assault rifles, school shootings, militias or Christian extremists that are the problem.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:58 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,447,174 times
Quote:
Guns are just tools. It takes a person to pick it up and shoot someone else.
They have a rampant crime problem in Chicago.
Kids gone wild.

But none are ready to admit that yet.
They have a rampant crime problem? And it's not just guns? I had no idea, you're so right!

Last edited by It'sAutomatic; 08-18-2013 at 02:09 AM..

Old 08-18-2013, 02:08 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,447,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
bombing a abortion clinic and trying to assassinate head of state or two very different things. when was the last bombing? then Google the last attempted bombing/act of violence from OWS.

Comparing violence to buy arms is at best moronic, as for thinking Obama and the dems want to take me, we have good reason to think that, their words, their speech's, their actions.
Dude, it still doesn't matter, you can point to whoever you want that assassinated whoever but the point is that they're brainwashed idiots. To point at them and say that they did it because they're left-wing is disrespectful to people who are left wing and not insane. I don't think the political views of Crazy are relevant.

See, you're out of your freaking mind. Even among the strictest authoritarian states in the world, people coming to "take you"/get you (whatever that means) and millions of others is pretty rare. They'll need millions of Gestapo working for them before they can actually go knock on millions of doors. I can assure you that they'll go with a full blown NSA surveillance state before anyone comes knocking at your door, and I hope you're not stupid enough to miss that this would be a bi-partisan effort. Keep dreaming, buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies