Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 08:04 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I have to hear this, What is a gun nut, give us you definition.

Why should we have our rights limited? it does not make us safer, it does noting but give criminals and the government a monopoly on force and violence.

I have already given a definition of a gun nut once before. If you are that interested look it up.

Well in a society every one's rights get limited to a certain degree. The question is only which ones and how much. I think reasonable gun laws will be acceptable to most Americans and will pass Congress and I don't think most gun owners will see that as their rights being limited unduly.

Gun nuts on the other hand........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 08:06 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
How would you personally define a "gun nut" as opposed to regular gun owners?
I have already given a definition of a gun nut once before. If you are that interested look it up.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:51 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Looked for it, didn't find it. Give us a link to the post, at least. I too would be interested in your definition of a gun nut.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:05 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
And you wonder why folks have been leaving Chicago in droves, just as they've been leaving Detroit, LA, Philly & other liberal hellholes?

Old 08-16-2013, 09:24 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Paranoia? that is it? so their are not victims of random crime? or millions of the last 120 years that were the victims of democide?

Their will be no more laws passed, at best the courts will strike them down, at worst, well look what happens the last time a tyrant sent his army to disarm the people of America.

How old are those studies? ever notice not many of them made in the last 5 to 7 years? and they are always from the Brady campaign? Firearm ownership and self defense are the foundation of this nation, and part of the everyday culture, more and more Americans are waking up and taking their nation back from the statist.
How does one stop a stray bullet? Do you shoot the bullet with your guns?

Old 08-16-2013, 09:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
And you wonder why folks have been leaving Chicago in droves, just as they've been leaving Detroit, LA, Philly & other liberal hellholes?
Depends on the neighborhood, some neighborhoods have seen a decrease in population while others have seen growth. People are not leaving Chicago in droves, and there are plenty of liberal cities that have seen their population rise year after year.

Also LA's population is growing, you should check your facts before making silly posts.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:03 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
I have to hear this, What is a gun nut, give us you definition.

Why should we have our rights limited? it does not make us safer, it does noting but give criminals and the government a monopoly on force and violence.
Anyone that is a nuts about gun is a gun nut.

The word fan comes from fanatical.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:32 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The biggest single thing that could be done to drastically decrease the violence would be to End the Drug war.

But who's gonna win out? Big Pharma, Private Prisons, and Law Enforcement... or Poor People?

Money corrupts.
Me concurs.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:43 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Legalize all drugs?

When it comes to the hard core stuff, the black market can and will undercut legalized drugs to meet the demand.

Most of the current generation that is addicted to heroin began their journey with prescription medications. Heroin is a better bang for the buck.

Seriously addicted people are not steady employees and most eventually become unemployed. Obtaining daily funding and scoring is the daily grind. Manipulating and stealing from friends, family and employers is common stuff. Friends and family tend to take the position that they do not want to report these crimes because they don't want to ruin someone's life. They dig their heels in and convince themselves that they have the power to snap the addict out of addiction. They are mistaken.

Rehab is BIG business. Rehab does not cure addiction. Sentencing an addict to rehab is usually the pause that refreshes while the addict make new connections. Most relapse shortly after they reenter the real world.

I have heard more than one hard core addict describe addiction as needing the fix the way normies need to take their next breath. The words continue to haunt me.

The only nations that have put a dent in drug trafficking and addiction are those who have taken the hardest line and impose serious consequences. They don't spend their money funding other nations to destroy crops. They don't spend their money on prisons. They don't spend their money on rehabs. They impose consequences and make drugs non negotiable.

In the U.S. we allow Big Pharma to spend $billions to lobby, influence Congress and protect their interests. I wonder if Congressmen rationalize it all as protecting jobs, or something.
So what... alcohol is legal. Plenty of drunks are not reliable employees. Plus, alcohol can seriously screw up the body. It's also the only "drug" that some need or else they can go into seizures and die. I don't see bars closing though.

Plus, having to smuggle in heroin and cocaine, the limited supply, causes the prices to shoot up astronomically.

$10 bags of crack rocks sold by criminal dealers would probably be twice as large and only cost 10 cents or 50 cents by Marlboro's if selling crack cocaine were legal. So, that 10 bags costing the addict with kids, $100 out of his $300 paycheck might only cost him $1 if it were legal. Twenty bags for $2 instead of $200. Easier for the addict to automatically set aside some of that money for food for the kids etc.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:47 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
funny lets look at how violent left wing nuts are.

Assassinations
-----------------
Abraham Lincoln ----> John Wilkes Booth (Democrat)
James A. Garfield ----> Charles J. Guiteau (Insane)
William McKinley ----> Leon Czolgosz (Left-Wing)
John F. Kennedy ----> Lee Harvey Oswald (Left-Wing)

Robert Kennedy (Sen) ----> Sirhan Sirhan (Left-Wing)
Leo Ryan (Repr) ----> Jim Jones & People's Temple (Insane, Left-Wing)
Cornelius Springer Hamilton ----> Hamilton (Insane)
James Hinds (Repr) ----> George A. Clark (Democrat)
John Pinckney (Repr) ----> Unidentified Lawyer (Democrat)
Huey Long (Sen) ----> Dr. Carl Adam Weiss (Unknown)

Dr. Martin Luther King ----> James Earl Ray (Democrat)
Malcom X ----> Talmadge Hayer (Left-Wing)

Attempts
-----------------
Andrew Jackson ----> Richard Lawrence (Insane)
Theodore Roosevelt ----> John F. Schrank (Insane)
Franklin D. Roosevelt ----> Giuseppe Zangara (Left-Wing, Insane)
Harry S Truman ----> Collazo & Torresola (Left-Wing)
John F. Kennedy ----> Richard Paul Pavlick (Insane)
Richard M. Nixon ----> Arthur Bremer (Insane)
Richard M. Nixon ----> Samuel Byck (Left-Wing)
Gerald R. Ford ----> Lynette Fromme (Left-Wing, Insane)
Gerald R. Ford ----> Sara Jane Moore (Left-Wing)
James E. Carter ----> Raymond Lee Harvey (Insane)
Ronald Reagan ----> John Hinckley, Jr. (Insane)
Bill Clinton ----> Francisco Martin Duran (Insane)
George W. Bush ----> Vladimir Arutyunian (Left-Wing)

Gabrielle Giffords (Repr) ----> Jared Lee Loughner (Insane)
Alvin M. Bentley (Repr) ----> 4 Puerto Rican nationalists (Left-Wing)
Clifford Davis (Repr) ----> 4 Puerto Rican nationalists (Left-Wing)
Ben F. Jensen (Repr) ----> 4 Puerto Rican nationalists (Left-Wing)
George Hyde Fallon (Repr) ----> 4 Puerto Rican nationalists (Left-Wing)
Kenneth Roberts (Repr) ----> 4 Puerto Rican nationalists (Left-Wing)

George Wallace ----> Herman Bremer (Left-Wing)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies