Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 08:23 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
People who keep arguing about being born gay need to show the proof. As of which they have not yet done. They can't even decide on a conclusive argument for it, some say it's in the genes, others it's in the womb, others it's hormones like. Make up your minds already. Sure you can find some flawed studies on the Internet that you agree with, but their are millions of these BS studies for EVERYTHING. Just like those "studies" that say black people are born with slower brains than whites, racists use those "studies" all the time because it makes them feel better, doesn't make those studies true. You need to show concrete, 100% proven and peer reviewed proof that people are born gay, until you do then the "born gay" theory is flawed.

Now I don't know what "reparitive" therapy is, never heard of it. But I can tell you that I personally do know people who have changed their sexuality. Call them fakes or whatever you want, but it's true. My sister became a lesbians after her ex boyfriend beat her so much, she was totally straight before that.

It's a lifestyle that people either are geared toward or choose because of environmental influences. Hence why straight men on prison often turn gay, and why women like my sister become lesbians. In ancient World, especially Greece and Rome, they were all gay/bi sexuality as the culture of that time encouraged it (again environment). Not saying it's a "choice" for everyone because some people were raised in an environment or had something happen that caused them to develop a gay lifestyle. This is the case with several gay youths. However it is a choice whether or not to remain gay, they can choose to develop a different lifestyle if they so choose.

Also in my psychology class we learned that everyone is innately bi sexuality, as in everyone finds both sexes attractive to a degree hence why straight men can find another man handsome and straight women find other women pretty, what causes sexual attractions towards a particular sex is the environment. It's not really a sexual orientation, it's really a sexual preferences.

It's similar to murderers. Are people born mass murderers? No obviously not, environmental influences caused them to become that way. Their brains may be a little different, but is that because of birth? No its because of their environmental development. We all have the potential to be murderers if our environment pushed us to be so, however we also have a choice not to be one as well. BTW I'm not saying gays are mass murderers either so don't take it out of context

Just repeating what I was taught. For the record, I am against making gay people change if they don't want to. It's their right to practice whatever lifestyle makes them happy, however I I think that for those who are unhappy their should be PROFESSIONAL help for them to help those who want to change.

Why do they need to show proof. Should they have papers or something. I'm sorry but they owe you nothing and who are you to suggest they do. Someones sexual orientation is none of your business. Sorry, but you are not superior to anyone just because you are heterosexual.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:38 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

The government is secular and will continue to renounce God.
As it should be! The United States Government should always be neutral when it comes to any religious law. We are individuals and the government should judge us as so due to our actions, not our beliefs, that's what makes this country great. Not everyone shares your beliefs and in this country, the Constitution protects those in the minority that may be over ran by those that hold a majority belief. It's called liberty. It's called independent freedom.

I'm sorry you can't push your beliefs on me using the vassal of the state, so maybe you should go back to Putin's Russia to inflict your bigotry in a more legal manner.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:45 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So the government now bans somebody who wants to seek therapy for being gay? Liberals of course rejoice at the government telling us what we can and can't do.
I think you are misinformed. Perhaps you haven't read the bill that Gov. Christie signed?

The law bans minors from being subjected to so-called conversion therapy by quack doctors.

Anyone 18 and over, whether in California or New Jersey or any other state that bans this practice, can seek out a certified Psychologist or Psychiatrist and discuss their problems.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:47 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Actually anyone can seek therapy for anything. And although therapists can't change that sort of thing about a person (real therapists know this) they can help with acceptance overall mental well being. I'm just happy nobody will ever again be forced into this sort of thing by well meaning, but ignorant, people.
What about those who "seek" help on their own who now can't thanks to he government? I know all those evil republicans kidnap gays all over the US and force them into these gay camps in the minds of the left but that isn't reality. What if the government decides you shouldn't be able to seek treatment for something you feel ails you?

Old 08-19-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
This ban is for children. Do you fully support people using any "medical" procedures on minors regardless of their efficacy? Shall we go back to drilling holes in people's heads?
If they are minors then that should be up to the parents of said minors what medical treatment they seek not the government. Oh I forgot the government runs the healtcare industry now thanks to you democrats. What a wonderful time this debacle will be for all.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:51 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Gotta love it when politicians ban things that are hardly practiced by anybody in order to win cheap political points.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You speak for all gays? I'm sure there are some gays that want desperately to change. Why would you deny them that chance? What are you threatened by? Don't gays argue that gay marriage is no threat to straight marriages so why is conversion therapy a threat to you?
Do you desperately want to change from being an heterosexual. No because your attraction is to the opposite sex and that is normal to you. Gays are attracted to the same sex and that is normal to them. They don't have a problem with their sexuality, it's people like you who do. Conversion therapy is a scam. Why not try it for yourself to see if they can turn you gay lol

Old 08-19-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If they are minors then that should be up to the parents of said minors what medical treatment they seek not the government. Oh I forgot the government runs the healtcare industry now thanks to you democrats. What a wonderful time this debacle will be for all.
This so called medical treatment is a scam which should be banned. It helps stupid people from spending money. Why can't parents just accept and love their kids for who they are

Old 08-19-2013, 09:02 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
So minors can have permanent elective surgery to try and alter what sex they are, but can't seek therapy for sexuality issues?
They can?

Old 08-19-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This so called medical treatment is a scam which should be banned. It helps stupid people from spending money. Why can't parents just accept and love their kids for who they are
I guess your for banning mental health services for folks born a guy or girl who think they are the opposite too? I mean you are born the way you are right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies