Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Intelligent Design?
Yes, teach it along with Evolution 22 15.28%
No, teach only Evolution 121 84.03%
No, teach only Intelligent Design 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 05:09 PM

15,098 posts, read 8,641,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
What falsifiable predictions does intelligent design make? None. It's not a scientific theory because it lacks the fundamental characteristics of what makes something a scientific theory. It explains nothing, is not testable, is supported by precisely zero evidence, has zero predictive power, and is not falsifiable. That makes it not only not a scientific theory, but not even a scientific hypothesis.
I'm familiar with this criteria of falsifiability, but to apply it across the board to what is currently considered mainstream science would reduce the volume of scientific textbooks by 80%. The Bib Bang Theory being one victim I can think of off the top of my head. The theory of relativity being another that contains loads of unfalsifiable claims sub-theories and hypothesis. The statement "pigs can't fly" is not falsifiable, since one would have to capture a flying pig to falsify it, but I think the statement is nonetheless worthy of being considered a reasonably sound hypothesis.

Your confusion here is a product of being taught arcane philosophical constructs, while the educational system teaching you this crap also works diligently to make sure you never learn how to think. I don't hold you at fault for that ... but the misplaced arrogance that tags along is annoyingly sad.

Just to prove a point at your expense, Evolution Theory is not falsifiable either. This criteria that must be met in order to be considered a valid scientific theory is conspicuously absent in the Theory of Evolution which claims that all things evolved from a single source ancestor billions of years ago cannot be tested, nor can it be falsified. To falsify it, one would have to be capable of traveling back in time billions of years to capture evidence that more than one source was responsible for all of the species, disproving, or falsifying the claim of only one common ancestor. The claim cannot be proven or tested either.

So, congratulations .... you have just rendered the theory of evolution to be nothing more than what I've been calling it for decades .... the most unscientific hogwash ever accepted as science in all of modern human history. Good Job!

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 08-24-2013 at 05:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 05:09 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Hmm... So, you're saying you're not a creationist, and yet you believe that God created life and humans?
If evolution is fact, proven and verified, when have they created a human from an ape in a lab, or a zoo, or on Plum island? Can I see that link please?
Surely this would be in an instruction manual for these children you are "educating".

Last edited by claudhopper; 08-24-2013 at 05:34 PM..

Old 08-24-2013, 05:10 PM

15,098 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Hmm... So, you're saying you're not a creationist, and yet you believe that God created life and humans?
OK ... we've now determined that you can read ... now, show me where I have EVER said that God created life and humans?

Old 08-24-2013, 05:19 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If evolution is fact, proven and verified, when have they created a human from an ape in a lab, or a zoo, or on Plum island? Can I see that link please?
Surely this would be an instruction manual for these children you are "educating".
There was no "ape to man" evolution....there was, supposedly, a common ancestor. And it makes perfectly logical sense...they have found these genetic drifts in tons of other lifeforms.

But there is no "smoking gun" yet in regards to the missing link. They are trying to present "Ida" as "it" and based on the overwhelming evidence supporting evolution....you are expected to just believe it's the end all, be all.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:32 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Surely this would be an instruction manual for these children you are "educating".
OK, sit back and wait about 20 million years. You'll see evolution in action.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:33 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Why do believers in the idea of Intelligent Design ignore all the Un-Intelligent designs in nature, especially in humans?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Offering you the benefit of doubt, I will assume that this simpleton view of the matter is purely rhetorical, though doubt nevertheless does persist. Of course, the many examples of unintelligent behavior ... particularly with regard to humans who are supposed to represent the highest and most evolved species, only presents a certain tongue in cheek challenge to intelligent design if you ignore the more illuminating complexity of the basic structure of biological life at the cellular level, and focus on mental disfunction instead. I could similarly argue that such unintelligent human behavior presents as much evidence against the theory of evolution, if one should error in linking complexity with intelligence as you attempt to do.
blah blah blah....
Not rhetorical or tongue in cheek at all.

Where did I say unintelligent human behavior? I was clearly referring to evidence of 'unintelligent' design in the human body. eg the retina.

That you created such a silly straw man to knock down was not particularly intelligent of you.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Evolution is the science of change in life once life has already begun to exist. The origin of life and DNA is not evolution but abiogenesis.

Many of the components of RNA and DNA, such as amino acids, have been discovered in meteorites that have impacted on earth. Recently, astronomers have discovered glycolaldehyde - a sugar molecule that is required to form RNA - in a distant star.

In other words, the building blocks of life likely pre-existed in space and made their way to earth by impacts of meteorites and comets billions of years ago. If you want to learn more about this, then read up on RNA world hypothesis.
For those who can't imagine life starting without an unexplainable magical being involved, this might help:

3 - The Origin of Life Made Easy - YouTube

Old 08-24-2013, 05:41 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
For those who can't imagine life starting without an unexplainable magical being involved, this might help:

3 - The Origin of Life Made Easy - YouTube
Want to ignore it again?

New research rejects 80-year theory of 'primordial soup' as the origin of life

Old 08-24-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
hybrids. Don't you ever watch the History channel or Discovery? It's a theory just like evolution is a theory.
Can you explain this 'theory' of 'alien hybrids'?

How does it explain the diversity of life on earth?

Old 08-24-2013, 05:48 PM

27,580 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
OK ... we've now determined that you can read ... now, show me where I have EVER said that God created life and humans?
You made it quite clear that you reject evolution.

So, what explanation do you believe about the origins of life and humans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies