Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 08:50 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
a thug is a thug... white or black... and I hope that all decent people... white or black.... will take a stand against this thug culture.
Statistics show some are more thug than others. But facts are a stubborn thing.

255 posts, read 219,634 times
"Innocent" young black males strike again. If this trend keeps up then "racist" neighborhood watch folks are going to start keeping an extra close eye on people "walking home" through their neighborhoods. Or, maybe we should go back to a more plantation-like way of thinking. If they start getting out of line then lace up a thirteen-loop and find a nice oak.

Now, I clearly understand that this is entirely the wrong attitude to have, but I am getting so sick of this bullcrap. IF TWO WHITE MEN DECIDED TO KILL AN ELDERLY BLACK MAN, THEN THE CRY OF RACISM WOULD CARRY FAR AND WIDE. OPRAH, THE VIEW, OBAMA, AND EVERY OTHER SPEAR-CHUCKER THAT COULD FIND A MICROPHONE WOULD BE FANNING THE FLAMES. CNN, NBC, AND ALL THE OTHER MEDIA OUTLETS WOULD BE SHOCKED.

Nobody will dare call a spade a spade. With the exception of two, I have never heard a single black man or woman ask what it is that are making race relations worse. The cause is ALWAYS "They don't like us because we're black". Why couldn't it be "They don't like us because of what we DO". No, can't accept any responsibility for our actions. Slavery has been over for more or less 150 years but they just can't let it go. Murder and violent are just a part of who they are. Simple. That's why Africa will always be a cauldron of poverty and violence.

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Is it time to take a stand? Stand your ground?
My state doesn't have stand your ground. It has "die or go to jail". Those are your options.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:54 PM

255 posts, read 219,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Black males between the ages of 14-29 is probably a good place to start. I think private citizens should profile aggressively. If you feel vulnerable and see young black boys with their pants sagging, looking menacing cross the street or duck into a store.
Or...stand your ground, with a full magazine.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:58 PM

730 posts, read 828,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Statistics show some are more thug than others. But facts are a stubborn thing.
I'm not denying that. But would you be nervous if someone that looked and talked like tiger woods walked into your store? I'd hope not. ... But I'd certainly understand if you were nervous if a thug walked into your store. I guess what im trying to say... is we shouldnt lump all blacks together. Like all other races, there are some good and some bad.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:00 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,918,725 times
"Police believed it was a random attack." That's police-speak for it's not a big deal. How long are these black on white crimes going to be swept under the rug?

Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
I hear lots of throw the book talk but it appears to be more lip service about "troubled youth" and Obamas beloved sons
the sword just does not cut both ways
where r the Zimmerman lynch mobs now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies