Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 07:52 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Like a roof over their heads? Could you please specifically indicate what you mean by frivolities, providing proof that the vast majority of folks that I'm talking about actually engage in such frivolities rather than covering their own basic needs? Thanks.
And could you give several examples of people who have put an effort into getting a useful college degree or good trade skill, with a good work ethic and who is hungry and doesn't have a roof over their head?

Old 08-28-2013, 07:54 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
40 years of liberal social policies have destroyed the black community, continue for another 40?

Let me ask you something, you're referring to things like voter ID when you say this?

I say to all races we need voter ID to help prevent voter fraud and these laws are going to apply to every individual equally. A liberal says to the black community this is a racist policy, you're incapable of getting an ID for no other reason than being black. Who's the racist?
But geez coalman, the people pushing this in Pa. have admitted that there`s no voter fraud. Time to give it up I`d say.
Pennsylvania admits it: no voter fraud problem - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

Old 08-28-2013, 07:58 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You can't show any evidence of voter fraud, can you? Because none exists. But you are in favor of voter disenfranchisement, one step at a time.

You create a problem where none exists.
Let's do the math. You let people vote and you don't know who they are but you claim you know who they are because "you know" and it's not a problem because you know. What?

How do you measure "you knows"?

Old 08-28-2013, 07:58 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
As a minority and a Conservative, I am ambivalent towards racial issues because I feel that all that is needed to succeed is the right attitude and a good work ethic. It's not rocket science that slacking, a lack of birth control use and acting like trash will lead to being stuck in the poverty level. I see no need to coddle those types by giving them government handouts. We should not be supporting that sort of lifestyle.
This is one of the most idiotic things I've ever read. If you are discriminated against in the workplace it absolutely can hold you back in life. Not to mention even at jobs I've had it's been obvious discrimination against promoting minorities and women into upper management even if you are the best at your job.

The problem is many people who are aren't for civil rights issues are ignorant to the things that other people experience. They feel like because things are good for them, they must be good for everyone and are oblivious to the real world.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:01 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
That is funny.
It's disappointing that you consider the misfortune of others amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
People have got to start living within their means and stop longing for frivolities.
Like a roof over their heads? Could you please specifically indicate what you mean by frivolities, providing proof that the vast majority of folks that I'm talking about actually engage in such frivolities rather than covering their own basic needs? Thanks.
I'm still waiting for an answer. Stop dodging the question please.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:01 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Actually, I was referring to the Supreme Court striking down the Voting Rights Act, myself.
You do realize that 94% of republicans voted for the VRA and 75% of democrats right?

Old 08-28-2013, 08:04 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
40 years of liberal social policies have destroyed the black community, continue for another 40?

Let me ask you something, you're referring to things like voter ID when you say this?

I say to all races we need voter ID to help prevent voter fraud and these laws are going to apply to every individual equally. A liberal says to the black community this is a racist policy, you're incapable of getting an ID for no other reason than being black. Who's the racist?
The racists are people who hide behind the non-existent problem of "voter fraud" which they themselves invented to erect barriers to voting by minorities.

Period.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:05 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
You do realize that 94% of republicans voted for the VRA and 75% of democrats right?
That is a great point. Republicans often try to hide the scurrilous nature of the racism inherent in their policy positions by referring back to how things were before the Democrats were the party that supported civil rights (and before the Republicans became the party of self-serving avarice) with regard to matters of race, yet fail to acknowledge that their gleeful exuberance over the recent SCOTUS decision concerning voting rights was effectively celebrating repudiation of a law that was supported mostly by them!

It seems that their memory of the past is only clear when it serves their offensive perspectives.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:05 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
And you do realize that that vote was before the mass migration of southern bigots into the Republican party, right?

Old 08-28-2013, 08:06 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You can't show any evidence of voter fraud, can you? Because none exists. But you are in favor of voter disenfranchisement, one step at a time.

You create a problem where none exists.
I can show that every single white person in America would have to follow the exact same voter ID laws that non-whites will have to follow...

what is racist about that?

The above exchange is the answer to the OP. for the last 30+ years, "racial issues" have been owned by the liberals. Every single time a conservative offers any input, they are screamed at and told they are racist.

We have watched as governmnet policy driven by liberals who "love" minorities has driven those same minorities deeper and deeper into poverty. Created institutionalized poverty..... and any time we say it, we get "THATS RACIST" back in our face.

Blacks dont vote republican. those few who do get called Uncle Tom and get run thru the ringer and called "traitor to their race".

You want to know why conservitives are "ambivalent"? How about because the other side decided we dont have a seat at the table? How about because we got disinvited to the party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies