Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2013, 06:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Of course women can do the job. The taking of the hill may have to wait for their nails to dry, but then it's on.
Yep, nails dry. Hair done. Great shoes.

And then, unlike the male military numbskulls we've had making strategic decisions in this country, we take the damn hill and don't give it back.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:08 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Could count on"?

No sweetheart, do count on.

If the US were not on your border, Canada with her rich natural resources would be passed around like a drunk chick at a frat party.

As for all those nice things Canadians have done for Americans over the years, it doesn't go unnoticed and we are grateful, but don't let your national pride cloud your vision.
"Passed around like a drunk chick at a frat party"? My, my, you have no limits to your gender bias; it even prevails in your metaphors. You're even calling me a sweetheart.

My vision is fine thank you. I can readily see the difference between "altruism" and "self interest".

I don't think it's my national pride that's getting waggled over the urinal right now.

Can we give this off topic chit a rest now or are you going to give me mo-monkey?

Old 09-01-2013, 08:11 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
if the women can pass the same requirements as men why not?

There ya go!

Old 09-01-2013, 08:12 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
IDK...I think women can be involved with many aspects of it, but when it comes down to charging a hill....that is best left for the big old corn fed boys.....

I don't think a 110lb 5'2" woman is gonna be the most effective at that point....

Old 09-01-2013, 09:06 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
if the women can pass the same requirements as men why not?
Agreed. The actions of the individual is what counts. I want to win and the best person available is who I want. Course it wont stop me from making sexist jokes.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:12 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
IDK...I think women can be involved with many aspects of it, but when it comes down to charging a hill....that is best left for the big old corn fed boys.....

I don't think a 110lb 5'2" woman is gonna be the most effective at that point....
Really? A 5'2" woman presents a smaller target. A 110lb 5'2" woman can move faster than Mr. Cornfed.

And don't forget Vietnam. Asian men with pretty much the same size and weight as American women with slippers made from tires, bicycles, frickin pajamas and a meager diet of rice and fish whooped us.

Remember that?

And exactly how many battlefield charges do we do now? What? Is this the civil war era?

:scoff:

Old 09-01-2013, 09:15 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Why do they WANT to serve in combat? No one should want to serve in combat ever. It is a necessary evil that all soldiers train for but only the most fit and skilled should be asked to do.

I would suspect ANYONE-male or female who goes seeking combat.

And they would not be selected for combat unless they pushed their way in. This entire notion is ridiculous.

Last edited by PullMyFinger; 09-01-2013 at 09:25 PM..

Old 09-01-2013, 09:41 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why do they WANT to serve in combat? No one should want to serve in combat ever. It is a necessary evil that all soldiers train for but only the most fit and skilled should be asked to do.

I would suspect ANYONE-male or female who goes seeking combat.

And they would not be selected for combat unless they pushed their way in. This entire notion is ridiculous.
You must not think much of your country, nor it's flag.

There is no draft. Nobody forced the women into combat. They join freely, knowing that combat is a possibility or probability and yet, they join. For equal pay, so they should do an equal job and combat, for military, is the job.

I admire women that join the service and go where they are needed and do what they do. I was in the military during a time when women who were in, could not go near combat, so they took all the billets at bases. I started out doing a rotation of 3 years at sea, 3 years at shore. However, women started filling all the billets, so my rotation changed to 4 years at sea, 2 years at shore. That's pretty tough on family life. The women join the service and in most cases, want to serve their country. They do have respect for their country and are proud of their flag.

Women in the military are a valuable tool. They can do most everything a man can do. Physical limits being the only thing keeping them from doing everything. With the newer automated equipment, physical limits are required less and less. With automated equipment, there is no difference between man or woman. Even skrimishes, between a patrol and the enemy, a woman is just as capable as a man is. I, personally, am glad they want to join, and if I was still in the military, I would be proud to serve with them.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:29 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Really? A 5'2" woman presents a smaller target. A 110lb 5'2" woman can move faster than Mr. Cornfed.

And don't forget Vietnam. Asian men with pretty much the same size and weight as American women with slippers made from tires, bicycles, frickin pajamas and a meager diet of rice and fish whooped us.

Remember that?

And exactly how many battlefield charges do we do now? What? Is this the civil war era?

:scoff:
Men still can run faster than women, especially when humping gear.

Very little of warfare is using your trigger finger, most of it is using your legs.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:44 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Men still can run faster than women, especially when humping gear.

Very little of warfare is using your trigger finger, most of it is using your legs.
Tell that to the Vietcong that used women.
And the Israelis...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies