Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2013, 02:40 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,132,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
The bigger question should be is an active role in combat what we really want for the women of our country?
I'd say the bigger question is why everyone thinks they can decide what we want for other people as if we have that right.

If there is a standard in the military and a woman can meet it, and there ARE women that can and men that can't, then what's the problem???

What exactly is the problem besides a bit of misogyny I mean?

Old 09-01-2013, 02:49 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
I'd say the bigger question is why everyone thinks they can decide what we want for other people as if we have that right.

If there is a standard in the military and a woman can meet it, and there ARE women that can and men that can't, then what's the problem???

What exactly is the problem besides a bit of misogyny I mean?
The problem becomes group cohesion and unit readiness.

Just ask those in the military in mixed units.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:53 PM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So what about those women who are already serving or have served in combat?

Should they receive combat pay?
Medals for their service?
Promotions that reflect their service?

Or should their service just be officially ignored as it had been?

Let's not pretend this is something that it isn't.

The military does not need women in combat and could get along just fine if no females served in the military whatsoever.

This isn't about the needs or readiness of the military.

This is about affirmative action female four star generals.

Because the military is a closed and ordered society under the direction of Congress and the President, it has become a social engineering petri dish for the left who could never force such nonsense on a free society.

The fast-track model is law enforcement where numerous male officers with twenty years or more on the force have to stand around the crime scene waiting for the twenty-something female Sergent to arrive and tell them what to do.

Yes, I've seen exactly that on Cops.

So now it's on to the military where male grunts with sand in their crack, wet socks and a dim outlook on the future will witness a 32 year-old female make base commander because she is a she and that's what liberals want to see.

Morale anyone?

Old 09-01-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Shouldn't that be up to the women of your country?

Since Canada is still hiding behind America's skirt, perhaps Canadians should keep their noses out of America's military affairs.

You have enough to worry about teaching our draft dodgers to say "zed".

Old 09-01-2013, 03:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
I prefer to allow women to either make it on their own merit or fail because they couldn't hack it.
Unit morale etc. That same argument was used to try and prevent blacks from being anything except cooks.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:10 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Reliance on ground troops and physical strength is on the wane.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Can you or anyone deny the contribution of Females in combat? Just because the United states doesn't do it means nothing.
Women in IDF Special Forces | Jewish Virtual Library

Women of the IDF -

In Israel just about everyone enters the military because the place is tiny and surrounded by enemies.

America is different and our needs are different.

Except to make a meeting of our future commanding generals look like an episode of The View, there is no reason for America to place females in combat.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:12 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Lyudmila Pavlichenko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Women in the Russian and Soviet military - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Now some have said that Sniper duty is far less taxing or stressful than regular infantry. I would suggest that any who would say this were never a sniper.

United States Marine Corps Scout Sniper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is nothing easy about Sniper training. As I said before let the woman's ability define her contribution. She can either pass the requirements or she will fail, the same as their male counterparts.
One of my best friends is a woman who was a sniper in the Israeli Army. She kicked azz. She got every commendation and medal out there.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I'd honestly be more concerned fighting alongside right-wingers. Did you see how they ran to Putin's defense in his rift with Obama? They're party-first, country-second. That's dangerous in the field of battle.
No kidding! I never thought I'd live to see the day. I'm surprised they didn't set up a fund for him.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:19 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
No kidding! I never thought I'd live to see the day. I'm surprised they didn't set up a fund for him.
Silly Goose, right-wingers don't believe in charity.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies