Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 11:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No ordered..HD does not cut granite themselves.

HD & Lowes, resell someone else's labor.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:25 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What negative publicity? The couple got tons of offers to make their cake. They got married.
The only negative publicity was on the bakery.
The bakery has a lot of folks supportive of their religious convictions in this matter. You are evidently quite pleased and happy to have been able to kick their teeth in and “teach them a lesson”. Not a good reflection on the part of the homosexual.

Still never got the cake.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Wholesale vs retail in no way whatsoever distinguishes a contract for services from a contract for goods. It's just a different type of transaction for the same goods. By bringing that up, you're only helping my argument.

You are the one that could not see the difference. If I make it and sell it to you, that is wholesale. Now if you sell that same product I made and sold to you, you retailed it.

I bet you still don't get it.
Typical employee, trying to run a business. They always fail.

I don't tax labor. That is against the law here. Now selling an installed product on the retail level, it must be taxed.
The difference is you resold my product, that I charged you no sales tax.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:30 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,456,130 times
Quote:
My "homosexual themed" wedding cake is one I liked from a wedding magazine.
Chocolate cake, raspberry filling, white fondant, sugar flowers, and off-white piping detail. I don't remember seeing a note that any of that was a "homosexual theme". In fact it seems quite common in wedding cakes.

It is very similar to this one.

So please tell me about this homosexual theme you see in this cake.
Gorgeous cake. Congratulations on your marriage, and may it bring you a lifetime of joy.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:30 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They were arrested for the sit in, not trying to get a marriage license. They broke the law, and are being punished for it. I'm pretty sure that was the desired outcome of the sit in.

I wouldn't do this as I have other responsibilities, and going to jail would not be an option. I do go to peaceful demonstrations, and do letter writing campaigns. But to each their own. The knew the risk, probably anticipated the outcome, and did it anyways. They will probably be fined at the very least.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
There was a gay couple, married in another state, that demanded Texas divorce them and sued.
Texas laws don't recognize same sex marriages so Texas cannot grant the divorce.

They don't want to abide by Texas laws.
They can't force Texas to recognize their marriage, but they can push to have the laws changed.
The baker broke the law. He didn't try to get the law changed, or take it to court and get it overturned, or even try to get the law up for repeal. He simply decided he didn't like it, and was not going to follow it.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The bakery has a lot of folks supportive of their religious convictions in this matter. You are evidently quite pleased and happy to have been able to kick their teeth in and “teach them a lesson”. Not a good reflection on the part of the homosexual.

Still never got the cake.
The lesson is the same for ANYONE that is breaking the law, any law. Do so and you will be fined, or jailed depending on the law.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:39 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You are the one that could not see the difference. If I make it and sell it to you, that is wholesale. Now if you sell that same product I made and sold to you, you retailed it.

I bet you still don't get it.
Typical employee, trying to run a business. They always fail.
I get it much better than you do. Why are you even bringing up wholesale v retail? The distinction is irrelevant. Both wholesale sales and retail sales are transactions in GOODS, not services - the fact that it can be distinguished into wholesale vs. retail MEANS it deals with goods rather than services. Again, all you're doing is supporting my argument and tearing down yours.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
He simply decided he didn't like it, and was not going to follow it.

All he has to do, is use our President of the USA and his side kick Holder, as a precedence case.

Lead by example, right.

We could only wish.......

Old 09-02-2013, 11:40 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,364 times
Quote:
There was a gay couple, married in another state, that demanded Texas divorce them and sued.
Texas laws don't recognize same sex marriages so Texas cannot grant the divorce.

They don't want to abide by Texas laws.
If that is the case I am thinking of, it will be heard by the Texas Supreme Court.

Texas Supreme Court to Decide If Gay Dallas Couple Can Divorce

That is one way to challenge a law, which is what should be done when one disagrees with the law.

I believe the owners of the bakery should challenge the law if they disagree with it. But, until then, they have to follow it or face the consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies