Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the gun control measures that NJ has passed?
Yes 24 32.88%
No 49 67.12%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 04:32 PM

478 posts, read 700,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i dont think anyone on either side would have an issue with you specifying features that you take issue with.

im going to assume you just dont know enough about gun control laws and so you feel uncomfortable that you will give a dumb answer. so im going to help a bit. when i did my research for myself for buying an ar-15 military style assault rifle; i read up on what makes some guns legal and some not legal in nj. here is a link to a site that is helpful. please read it so you can better answer questions and not pretend its for some reason other than you being worried you will give a dumb answer.

Is *Insert any semi automatic rifle* legal in NJ? - Rifles - New Jersey Gun Forums
Perhaps.....but you are the only one asking. You love to argue over nonsense so supplying you with a list of features wouldn't solve anything and only lead to a prolonged unproductive debate over features.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 05:47 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gentleman View Post
Perhaps.....but you are the only one asking. You love to argue over nonsense so supplying you with a list of features wouldn't solve anything and only lead to a prolonged unproductive debate over features.
a big part of the gun control debate is a debate over features. its not a tangent, its a critical component of the discussion.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:23 AM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I can't understand why people from the better educated state of NJ are arguing about guns. Did a bunch of Southerners move into NJ with their more guns is better ideas.
Down here every loony tune in town has and probably carry's a gun and we have more domestic shootings every day than NJ has in a year. If you think arming everybody is a solution then I suggest a trip to NC to see how that's working.
Take a hard look at just who advocates liberal gun laws. It's the lower educated from the bible belt states that's who. Plus those politicians seeking their votes.
I can't believe educated people from my home state are debating about joining in with the Southern dummies.
You're the one who retired to the dummy, gun toting, tobacco state. Now you want to change the laws and traditions of your adopted state? Yankee.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:01 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
Do you support the gun control measures that NJ has passed? I did this poll in FL, but I thought it would be interesting to do one here.
I'm not into guns and think the more laws the better but with 300 million guns out there and their procurement fairly easy to anyone who wants a gun i cant see where all the laws in the world are going to stop some one getting a gun/s if thats what they feel they want or reed.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:18 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,393,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You're the one who retired to the dummy, gun toting, tobacco state. Now you want to change the laws and traditions of your adopted state? Yankee.
Where did you get the idea that I want to change NC gun laws? I like having "home protection" not a fan of CC laws but you can't have everything.
I like the low taxes here because NC doesn't care about education.I was willing to pay the outrageous NJ taxes because I was making good money while I ran my business in NJ.
Got my kids in good schools and now they can take care of themselves without the need to ride "daddys" coatails.
I didn't move here so I could retire to a double-wide with the obligatory three dogs.
I moved here because it's cheaper to live here than NJ not because the locals are friendly. Redneck.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:33 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Where did you get the idea that I want to change NC gun laws? I like having "home protection" not a fan of CC laws but you can't have everything.
I like the low taxes here because NC doesn't care about education.I was willing to pay the outrageous NJ taxes because I was making good money while I ran my business in NJ.
Got my kids in good schools and now they can take care of themselves without the need to ride "daddys" coatails.
I didn't move here so I could retire to a double-wide with the obligatory three dogs.
I moved here because it's cheaper to live here than NJ not because the locals are friendly. Redneck.
So NJ overall is much better for career options and raising a family despite the high costs as compared to Redneck-istan? Someone should make this a sticky.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
So NJ overall is much better for career options and raising a family despite the high costs as compared to Redneck-istan? Someone should make this a sticky.
im not sure why you would want to say something so dumb and childish just so you can play a part in a very childish "my state is better than your state" argument. nobody could draw your conclusion from what he said if they would use actual thought.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:51 AM

can we turn this thread into a gun purchase discussion thread? check out this bad boy below. also, what do you guys do when you order a non-nj compliant gun online; you have a transfer guy modify it?

Ares-15 MCR Magazine/Belt Fed AR15 5.56 16" With Nickel Feed Tray - Impact Guns

Old 09-21-2013, 07:55 AM

maybe ill just go with a classic:

Colt LE6920 AR15 M4 Carbine 16" Barrel, 1 In 7" Twist, 223/5.56, 1 Magazine - Impact Guns

Old 09-21-2013, 08:16 AM

478 posts, read 700,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
can we turn this thread into a gun purchase discussion thread? check out this bad boy below. also, what do you guys do when you order a non-nj compliant gun online; you have a transfer guy modify it?

Ares-15 MCR Magazine/Belt Fed AR15 5.56 16" With Nickel Feed Tray - Impact Guns
Most men drool over Playboy center folds .....not posters of this type of nonsense......besides, Playboy center folds have much better "features" !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies