Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2013, 04:47 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
The reality is blacks have been slaves to other people since the dawn of man. ... In fact i support blacks killing blacks in Chicago. ... i could live with the law saying No Blacks can own guns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
hey your'e the one condemning guns for people.
No, that's not what I am doing.

Regardless, don't think you can evade accountability for your morally reprehensible comment by redirection. Reading back over your earlier comments, they're three times more indefensibly reprehensible than I recall on the first read-through. You really managed to scuttle any chance of your comments ever having any credibility, with that one message.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:03 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
The most powerful military in the world won't turn it's weapons on their own citizens. EVER!

Posted with TapaTalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Whiskey rebellion, the shootings in ohio, the entire civil war, and many other examples that prove you wrong.
Quote:
No they don't.

If a tyrant got into office and ordered the military to fire on large segments of the population, they'd turn on him instead.

Actually, the Civil War shows how armed citizens CAN fight the Federal government.

Posted with TapaTalk

I suppose if it ever happened a lot of troops would indeed turn and fight along side civillians. But there would be others that would continue to side with the Feds. Could it ever happen? Not sure. There is certainly a lot of divisivness in this country right now.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:38 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
Isn't the Constitution for defending the rights of all people? You make it sound like you don't mind if everyone else can't have guns.
It IS , but the grabbers are willing to settle for any one gun, and or any one person to get their toe in the door. If say, 'they' want to ban all guns in the black sections of say chicago, I won't interfere a bit.

I will stand down and the blacks in these sections of chicago can fight for their Rights if they want any.

I agree with the grabbers that there are social problems. The difference is i think the grabbers are the cause of the social problems and all their PC BS has failed.

Lets see them clean up a mess on a city scale before we try for the big picture called the United States of America.

Now if you know a thing about that city, Ain't nuthin' gonna happen!

And today we have unhappy Harry

Reid: 'We Don't Have the Votes' for Gun Control Bill

Gun grabbers lose! You can't get the votes! And even if you did more paper tiger laws won't work....

Old 09-18-2013, 08:44 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post

Regardless, don't think you can evade accountability for your morally reprehensible comment by redirection. Reading back over your earlier comments, they're three times more indefensibly reprehensible than I recall on the first read-through. You really managed to scuttle any chance of your comments ever having any credibility, with that one message.
What back peddling today because Dirty Harry Reid can't get the votes?

Reid: 'We Don't Have the Votes' for Gun Control Bill

I stand for and live by the CONS.. I was just being tolerant and now you don't want my offer of a chip off the CONS? You can have the black sections of chicago and that's all i will give. If you don't want it give it back!

I won't be schooled by Democrats on the value of life. You freaks KILL millions of the yet to be born every year. Do not lecture me again on the value of life.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:50 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times
Quote:
No they don't.

If a tyrant got into office and ordered the military to fire on large segments of the population, they'd turn on him instead.

Actually, the Civil War shows how armed citizens CAN fight the Federal government.

Posted with TapaTalk

Sometimes I wonder about your rose colored glasses and what lengths you will go to uphold the straw house argument that you have created.

1) several leading Confederates were indicted for treason against the United States. They were not tried only because of Amnesty granted by the President before leaving office.

2) technically anyone can rebel against the united states. and technically the united states has the power, authority, and capability to squash you like bugs. They have done it before (uh South? Whiskey Rebellion? etc) and they will do it again if it came to it

3) If your in a world where somehow a dictator uses his powers to become President/Emperor for life, and the federal govt agrees with him. . .well the Govt has sided with the emperor. Regardless of your thoughts on tyranny. . .they would still kill you for rebelling. Those in power would make the rules.

The only way for you not to be killed and labeled treason is if you are successful in rising up and overthrowing the govt you find is tyrannical. If you rise up and lose, the govt will not be stopped by a constitution to put you down. ..
the winners decide what is rebellion, what is treason, and who dies and I seriously doubt any rebellion versus the capability and power of the united states army.

and if the Army was on your side. . .ha, what do you need guns for? if they are against you. .you don't need guns, they are worthless. if they are with you. . still don't need 'em

4) Show us ONE case where the 2nd amendment protected someone attempting to overthrow the united states govt?

Old 09-18-2013, 09:42 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,460,268 times
I speak from being in the military. Everyone has family and friends in civilian life. They are not immune to knowing what's happening in politics. They talk about what's happening.

If there was a civil uprising against a tyrant, they simply would not turn their weapons on the civilian population...similar to how the Egyptian military and Russian military refused orders.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-18-2013, 09:08 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:

How are we accountable for the actions of others?

Disarm arming law abiding citizens, preventing them from bearing arms of their choice, and you have the audacity to call us morally reprehensible?

More proof statist are with out logic, reason, and common sense..

Old 09-18-2013, 09:13 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Sometimes I wonder about your rose colored glasses and what lengths you will go to uphold the straw house argument that you have created.

1) several leading Confederates were indicted for treason against the United States. They were not tried only because of Amnesty granted by the President before leaving office.

2) technically anyone can rebel against the united states. and technically the united states has the power, authority, and capability to squash you like bugs. They have done it before (uh South? Whiskey Rebellion? etc) and they will do it again if it came to it

3) If your in a world where somehow a dictator uses his powers to become President/Emperor for life, and the federal govt agrees with him. . .well the Govt has sided with the emperor. Regardless of your thoughts on tyranny. . .they would still kill you for rebelling. Those in power would make the rules.

The only way for you not to be killed and labeled treason is if you are successful in rising up and overthrowing the govt you find is tyrannical. If you rise up and lose, the govt will not be stopped by a constitution to put you down. ..
the winners decide what is rebellion, what is treason, and who dies and I seriously doubt any rebellion versus the capability and power of the united states army.

and if the Army was on your side. . .ha, what do you need guns for? if they are against you. .you don't need guns, they are worthless. if they are with you. . still don't need 'em

4) Show us ONE case where the 2nd amendment protected someone attempting to overthrow the united states govt?
Dont need guns..wow that says it all about the way you can think, it is better to die then to live as a slave..
As for "you cant fought off the US military with just rifles" funny have you seen Afghanistan?

The United States government? none, protection their rights liberty and property from corrupt local government, the battle of Athens TN 1946

Old 09-18-2013, 09:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
u r right the gun grabber flunkies r clueless but trust me the tyrants behind the gun grab the millions of dollars spent on gun grabs know what they r doing once we r disarmed they will no longer knock b4 entering

Old 09-18-2013, 10:19 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,111 times
Quote:
This is really the crux of the matter: Neocon and faux-libertarian political perspectives are simply too immature to acknowledge the realities of living in community with others, to acknowledge the obligations of being a member of a society, to acknowledge the inherent worth and value of others sufficient to accept that reasonable people can disagree with them, and that those opposing perspectives rightfully must be factored-into society's fabric. This is explicitly immaturity of those perspectives, because it refuses to accept that maturity requires striking a balance between what you want and what other reasonable people want, working together to find middle ground rather than petulantly sabotaging society until you get your way.
Geez, isn't that the domain of left-wingers?

By the way, you've clearly demonstrated the leftist tactic of using ad hominems when an argument is lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies