Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 03:25 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,984,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
This condemns your perspective far more than anything I could have posted in response to the other nonsense you typed in.
hey your'e the one condemning guns for people. Since 12% of the population is blacks doing 50% of the gun crimes in the USA I don't care if YOU want the blacks to have no guns. That would be fine with me.

But if you wanted my guns they would come one bullet at a time. There is no option to take my guns.

0 TOLERANCE for that. I don't give a rats ass about what blacks want..... I simply don't care. i don't care what christians want or jews or anyone else wants. I live by the CONS and there is a Oath Sworn by public servants to up hold and defend that document. Any who refuses is my enemy.

It's you yammering away pretending the 2nd is gone not me. If you want the guns gone start taking them from the blacks. You won't get very far.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:27 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,412,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I see the usual leftist fanatics are trying their best to change the subject and bring up topics having nothing to do with the topic of the thread, and which no one brought up before the fanatics did.

Latest diversion deems to be "treason against the United States".

In fact, "treason" is defined in the Constitution as levying war against the United States, giving aid and comfort to their enemies etc. Overthrowing the government is not mentioned. "United States" refers to the separate states, not the Federal government.

To no one's surprise, the liberal fanatics contiue to make the same mistake they always make, thinking "the government" *IS* "the United States". As usual, they could not be more wrong.

In fact, overthrowing the government is specifically named in the Declaration of Independence (the first law ever passed in the United States of America) as a DUTY of citizens, if the government becomes abusive of their rights.

And in point of fact, the most important reason the 2nd amendment was added to the Constitution, was so that the people WOULD BE ABLE to overthrow the government if they needed to. This was not treason. Instead, "It is their right, it is their duty", as the DOI put it.
An attack on the government is treason. The second amendment, as previously stated several times now, was about not having a standing army. Read the militia acts of 1792. Citizen soldiers was what the second amendment was about. Not armed rebellion against the federal government. Ask Daniel Shay and the whiskey rebellion folks about that.

For those who won't google it, and refuse to respond to these facts, The Whiskey Rebellion was in 1791, when George Washington was the President. Farmers from Western Pennsylvania didn't want to pay taxes, so they started selling whiskey as a way to subvert taxation. The federal government levied a new tax against Whiskey because of that. Well the farmers, mostly revolutionary war vets, didn't much like that. So when a federal marshall showed up, they banded together, an army of about 500 men, and surrounded his house. Washington sent a peace envoy to them, while he raised an army of about 13,000 militia men to put down the rebellion.

This proves, beyond a doubt, that armed insurrection against the government, from the very first President to today, was not only illegal, but was treason. 20 men were arrested, but Washington basically told the courts to let them go because the insurrection disbanded before the militia army showed up to fight.

But it has, and always will be against the law, and treason, to take your gun and stand up against our federal government. That was never what the second amendment was about. The second amendment was about having civilian armys, that the President could call on (as Washington did) to put down insurrection and outside threat.

Last edited by Memphis1979; 09-17-2013 at 03:42 PM..

Old 09-17-2013, 04:30 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,439,059 times
Quote:
I see the usual leftist fanatics are trying their best to change the subject and bring up topics having nothing to do with the topic of the thread, and which no one brought up before the fanatics did.
This is funny. Since when does a pro-business, 3/4 republican voting, get labeled as leftist. Oh, just don't think guns are a good idea. .and your the next commie. Gotcha.

Quote:

In fact, "treason" is defined in the Constitution as levying war against the United States, giving aid and comfort to their enemies etc. Overthrowing the government is not mentioned. "United States" refers to the separate states, not the Federal government.
Mind is blown. I know your a troll, and can't really be that. . .illogical to believe these things. I mean who is?

So just incase you are really that illogical
"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted"

Realistically, if you take up Arms against the united states you will be. . .arrested/shot, go to jail, never get out. These days, if it was a large group, i'm sure you would be convicted as a terrorist . . .which has a pretty low standard these days.

I wonder. . .who would you argue to ? A federal judge? You think the supreme court of this united states of america would buy that you had a 2nd amendment protection from the tyranny of the united states? That you, in your infinite wisdom, can define what is tyranny? There is a reason, Mr. Nut, that no uprising against the united states, when prosecuted, applied for a 2nd amendment protection.

Treason, I would argue, wouldn't be levied upon you as a charge for being a crazy group with a gun against the govt. If you were to establish some sort of rebellion, and participated in it, and the rebellion gained steam I could see a federal charge of treason levied. That is very unlikely.

Quote:
To no one's surprise, the liberal fanatics contiue to make the same mistake they always make, thinking "the government" *IS* "the United States". As usual, they could not be more wrong.

In fact, overthrowing the government is specifically named in the Declaration of Independence (the first law ever passed in the United States of America) as a DUTY of citizens, if the government becomes abusive of their rights.

And in point of fact, the most important reason the 2nd amendment was added to the Constitution, was so that the people WOULD BE ABLE to overthrow the government if they needed to. This was not treason. Instead, "It is their right, it is their duty", as the DOI put it.

Your making leaps into crazydome. your ad hominem attacks aside (i.e. attack the person, rather than the argument)

The Constitution is a document interpreted by the United States Government, and that document will be enforced in that interpretation by the police force, the military of that govt.

You can rise up against the united states govt, with all the guns in the world.

Yet no court, police officer, or military within the untied states would let you go free if you said "2nd amendment gives me the right to rise up against tyranny and I think your tyrannical"

if you dont' believe me, ask a f'n lawyer instead of making #hit up.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:48 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,450,604 times
Quote:

It's almost cute how you think your puny guns will allow you to revolt against the most powerful military in the entire world.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:20 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,461,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
It's almost cute how you think your puny guns will allow you to revolt against the most powerful military in the entire world.
The most powerful military in the world won't turn it's weapons on their own citizens. EVER!

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-17-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
The most powerful military in the world won't turn it's weapons on their own citizens. EVER!

Posted with TapaTalk
Whiskey rebellion, the shootings in ohio, the entire civil war, and many other examples that prove you wrong.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:32 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,461,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Whiskey rebellion, the shootings in ohio, the entire civil war, and many other examples that prove you wrong.
No they don't.

If a tyrant got into office and ordered the military to fire on large segments of the population, they'd turn on him instead.

Actually, the Civil War shows how armed citizens CAN fight the Federal government.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-17-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
No they don't.

If a tyrant got into office and ordered the military to fire on large segments of the population, they'd turn on him instead.

Actually, the Civil War shows how armed citizens CAN fight the Federal government.

Posted with TapaTalk
You didn't say tyrant, you said troops would never shoot your own. And lincoln was a tyrant

Old 09-17-2013, 06:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,771,330 times
Quote:

Posted with TapaTalk
Well it looks like it just happened. People who were killed were civilians.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:52 PM

563 posts, read 808,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
hey your'e the one condemning guns for people. Since 12% of the population is blacks doing 50% of the gun crimes in the USA I don't care if YOU want the blacks to have no guns. That would be fine with me.

But if you wanted my guns they would come one bullet at a time. There is no option to take my guns.

0 TOLERANCE for that. I don't give a rats ass about what blacks want..... I simply don't care. i don't care what christians want or jews or anyone else wants. I live by the CONS and there is a Oath Sworn by public servants to up hold and defend that document. Any who refuses is my enemy.

It's you yammering away pretending the 2nd is gone not me. If you want the guns gone start taking them from the blacks. You won't get very far.
Isn't the Constitution for defending the rights of all people? You make it sound like you don't mind if everyone else can't have guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies