Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2013, 08:13 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,819,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
A "very last resort"? Well, they could, as easily be the first line of defense. A militia force can organize, on scene, very quickly, whereas federal, state and even local forces take time to react. Local forces, police and such, could be already overwhelmed, such as during Katrina, and state and federal agencies could take days, or even weeks to get on scene.

Decent citizens, IMHO, have an obligation to be ready for the worst. It's their homes and communities that could be in danger. To rely on the government to react to a dire situation before extreme damage and loss of life happens, is foolish. So, no, I don't feel a militia force to be a "last resort" . They could easily need to be first rezponders.responders.
Thats very true. And far different than an insurgency.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:14 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I'm not part of the new revolution crowd, but, in this post you are dead wrong. So many factors figure in, that you are not adding in. If things were bad enough to where the government actually turns on us, technology won't be near so big an advantage as you think. There are a LOT of smart people out here. And, often enough, the highest tech stuff can be confounded by quite simple little tricks. Ever seen what a buck fifty laser pointer can do to someone using night vision gear? It's pretty cool. And thats just one very small example.

I don't hold with the mindset that we will be facing US military forces in open combat to throw off the yoke of oppression, but, if we were to do so, it won't be near the rollover you are claiming it would be.
Neither am I really but i enjoy being a devils advocate. In a real revolt i would be hard to find. And in a real revolt you would be hard pressed to find any willing officer. You know a guy standing around pointing at people and things ........

There are too many OLD soldiers.

I didn't know a red laser would mess up night vision, but i took a flash pic of my kid in his privately owned kevlar lid with his better than mil grade night vision on it, and on (not thinking) Oh boy did he swear at me! he would have hit me if i were in reach I don't think I ever saw him so mad before ..... LOL

He looked a lot like a blind bear clumping around knocking things on the porch over. He had only been living in that location about 2 weeks!

Old 09-14-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
The Declaration of Independence isn't the Constitution.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:20 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
The Declaration of Independence isn't the Constitution.
Did i say it was?

Old 09-14-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Did i say it was?
Then why quote it in your rants?

Old 09-14-2013, 10:00 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:
The Declaration of Independence

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected, whereby the Legislative Powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

//////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////

CONS Article I

Section 10
1: No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Article II

Section 8: Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:--“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is what grabbers have coming now. You over stepped your boundaries and the laws you had in your favor will be going away shortly. You will loose grabber senate and congress in the mid terms and loose state and states laws concerning infirngment.

(Illegal federal laws made in 1939 will get over turned and rightfully so. My words)

Anti-federalists objected to the shift of power from the states to the federal government, but as adoption of the Constitution became more and more likely, they shifted their strategy to establishing a bill of rights that would put some limits on federal power.[61]

Modern scholars Thomas B. McAffee and Michael J. Quinlan have stated that James Madison "did not invent the right to keep and bear arms when he drafted the Second Amendment; the right was pre-existing at both common law and in the early state constitutions."[62]

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Right of revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (I gave you this yesterday My words)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

My words:

If you are looking for a LAW in the cons that specifically states we have the right to revolt you won't find it. There are number of reasons this is true.

There is an assumed right to life because you live and breath, and even if your will is shattered to live your subconscious will won't be. Proof is people in coma.

There is natural Law: If say i decide to take your lunch money every day, the day will come when you stop handing it over and will fight.

There is an assumed Law that if ever the Feds abuse the the We the people who have far more power than the feds or the states after all it is WE who vote them to care for out best interest and not the other way around that they can be recalled, Impeached and suffer the LAW as We the people would if we broke it.

The Feds have no special rights no powers we do not endorse as much as you and they think otherwise. The states have more power over We the people than the feds do. The feds have been breaking the laws for years (See money) See guns 1939 1968 1986 and 1994.

The CONS is WHAT the FEDS Can NOT Do. The cons is Right for nothing but individuals. i won't bother to even consider any argument to that.

Any argument to that is terms to be arrested and tried for TREASON of which the penalty is a capitol offence and death by hanging.

I am not a subject to you the feds my state to no one and to nothing.

The Feds never ratifed income taxes.... The IRS has no reason to exisit. The TSA, NSA, FEMA, BATFE have no reason to exist, We the People never were asked for a vote on these.

Never once has any Right been removed from the CONS. It has only been added too.

I will not hear your foolish weak arguments but if you continue to ask in a reasonable fashion i may or not choose to educate you. Right now you have a good 6 months of reading ahead of you. if i am to continue i will want a fee.

I get $125.00 an hour so you choose wisely.

I really like my pay rate, I can work 4 to 20 hours a week and just keep my expenses low, except when i want another gun.
Quote:
Did i say it was?
BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Man youz crazy.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:01 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Then why quote it in your rants?
Seriously this is a crazy person with lots of guns. Even his own ilk won't back him up.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:03 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Seriously this is a crazy person with lots of guns. Even his own ilk won't back him up.
That's his business and none of yours.
What makes him crazy? What makes you think it's ok to judge people?

Old 09-14-2013, 10:19 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
WE back him up, we just know for a fact he can held himself around brain dead statist like you.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:21 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
That's his business and none of yours.
What makes him crazy? What makes you think it's ok to judge people?
And they claim to be open minded and tolerant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies