Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2013, 03:35 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
A "very last resort"? Well, they could, as easily be the first line of defense. A militia force can organize, on scene, very quickly, whereas federal, state and even local forces take time to react. Local forces, police and such, could be already overwhelmed, such as during Katrina, and state and federal agencies could take days, or even weeks to get on scene.

Decent citizens, IMHO, have an obligation to be ready for the worst. It's their homes and communities that could be in danger. To rely on the government to react to a dire situation before extreme damage and loss of life happens, is foolish. So, no, I don't feel a militia force to be a "last resort" . They could easily need to be first rezponders.responders.
You make it seem militias are some noble group who only have their communities best interest at heart, when in fact they are merely people who susceptible to the same ills as the mob.

There were no militias in New Orleans..... gangs yes.... Militias no.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:41 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Let's be honest, if the North American continent didn't exist and the founding fathers attempted a coup with a small group of people in England they'd be crushed just like a small group of people would if they did that **** here today.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:42 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The people of Egypt, Syria, Libya among other nations have risen up in arms against their tyrannical governments.

We have supplied the "rebels" with weapons that help them fight their government forces.

Gun grabbers have no concept of this.

"It can't happen here", right?
This is one of the lamest arguments people use against firearms regulation.

This is not Egypt, or Syria, or Libya. This is the United States of America, and it has the most powerful and technologically sophisticated military the world has ever known. If the US government decides to turn the full weight of its military might against anyone, anywhere in the word, they are dead. All the self-styled patriots now screaming about "gun-grabbers" would be wiped out in a matter of days, if not hours. If you rose up after breakfast every last one of you would be dead or in jail before dinner. Stop living in a fantasy world.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:53 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post

This is not Egypt, or Syria, or Libya. This is the United States of America, and it has the most powerful and technologically sophisticated military the world has ever known. If the US government decides to turn the full weight of its military might against anyone, anywhere in the word, they are dead. All the self-styled patriots now screaming about "gun-grabbers" would be wiped out in a matter of days, if not hours. If you rose up after breakfast every last one of you would be dead or in jail before dinner. Stop living in a fantasy world.
You make the mistake of thinking our military would turn their weapons on their own families and fellow citizens.

They wouldn't....I assure you of that!

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-14-2013, 03:56 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
You make the mistake of thinking our military would turn their weapons on their own families and fellow citizens.

Posted with TapaTalk
Oh, well, so long as I have your personal assurance...

Old 09-14-2013, 06:39 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
You make it seem militias are some noble group who only have their communities best interest at heart, when in fact they are merely people who susceptible to the same ills as the mob.

There were no militias in New Orleans..... gangs yes.... Militias no.
My point, exactly. The gangs would not have been so froggy with a citizen militia in play, and, yes, to my thinking, a true militia is a noble thing. Personally, I am in no hurry to take up arms, unless my home, family and/or community is threatened, by just such a situation as you described in New Orleans. I am far from alone in feeling this way.

Tbing is, it's trendy for some vocal crowds to paint a dirty picture of "militias" as inarticulate baboons preaching revolution. It ain't so. Not in the real world.

Last edited by NVplumber; 09-14-2013 at 06:49 PM..

Old 09-14-2013, 06:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
And where is that in the constitution?
The Declaration of Independence

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected, whereby the Legislative Powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

//////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////

CONS Article I

Section 10
1: No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Article II

Section 8: Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:--“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_...s_Constitution

This is what grabbers have coming now. You over stepped your boundaries and the laws you had in your favor will be going away shortly. You will loose grabber senate and congress in the mid terms and loose state and states laws concerning infirngment.

(Illegal federal laws made in 1939 will get over turned and rightfully so. My words)

Anti-federalists objected to the shift of power from the states to the federal government, but as adoption of the Constitution became more and more likely, they shifted their strategy to establishing a bill of rights that would put some limits on federal power.[61]

Modern scholars Thomas B. McAffee and Michael J. Quinlan have stated that James Madison "did not invent the right to keep and bear arms when he drafted the Second Amendment; the right was pre-existing at both common law and in the early state constitutions."[62]

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_revolution (I gave you this yesterday My words)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

My words:

If you are looking for a LAW in the cons that specifically states we have the right to revolt you won't find it. There are number of reasons this is true.

There is an assumed right to life because you live and breath, and even if your will is shattered to live your subconscious will won't be. Proof is people in coma.

There is natural Law: If say i decide to take your lunch money every day, the day will come when you stop handing it over and will fight.

There is an assumed Law that if ever the Feds abuse the the We the people who have far more power than the feds or the states after all it is WE who vote them to care for out best interest and not the other way around that they can be recalled, Impeached and suffer the LAW as We the people would if we broke it.

The Feds have no special rights no powers we do not endorse as much as you and they think otherwise. The states have more power over We the people than the feds do. The feds have been breaking the laws for years (See money) See guns 1939 1968 1986 and 1994.

The CONS is WHAT the FEDS Can NOT Do. The cons is Right for nothing but individuals. i won't bother to even consider any argument to that.

Any argument to that is terms to be arrested and tried for TREASON of which the penalty is a capitol offence and death by hanging.

I am not a subject to you the feds my state to no one and to nothing.

The Feds never ratifed income taxes.... The IRS has no reason to exisit. The TSA, NSA, FEMA, BATFE have no reason to exist, We the People never were asked for a vote on these.

Never once has any Right been removed from the CONS. It has only been added too.

I will not hear your foolish weak arguments but if you continue to ask in a reasonable fashion i may or not choose to educate you. Right now you have a good 6 months of reading ahead of you. if i am to continue i will want a fee.

I get $125.00 an hour so you choose wisely.

I really like my pay rate, I can work 4 to 20 hours a week and just keep my expenses low, except when i want another gun.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 09-14-2013 at 07:31 PM..

Old 09-14-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post

Posted with TapaTalk
Correct. That would be reason to revolt and try any feds who pulled such a stunt into a court of law and try them for TREASON. It is entirely illegal for the might of our own Military to be used against us. The best the govt can do is call on the National Guard and only state governors can do that not the Pres.
The NG and the MIL have all Sworn an oath to uphold and defend the CONS, not to up hold and defend the pres...

Assorted others have sworn the same oath and have oath keepers now as well.

My son is a officer in the NH NG. We have talked.

The NG is not very thrilled with the Feds either. I doubt we have anything to worry about from wither source. The Feds have the NSA FEMA , TSA, CIA, FBI, and a smattering of assorted other agents, maybe Border Patrol.

About now i might guess Border Patrol isn't so fond of this fed admin either. So that just about leaves NOAA and the forest service When it gets bad i am taking Smokey Hostage.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:

Well you need a new suit. May i suggest a pink Tutu? This way you can go to the Revolt party in cognito

If the feds ordered mil action on USA soil against we the people the feds would no longer be a legal govt body of the We the people who own them. Game over..... Traitor time....

All the time people make that error that the feds own us I assure you it IS the other way around. read my missive to dv1033.......

Just don't get the way he is...............

Old 09-14-2013, 08:04 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:

I'm not part of the new revolution crowd, but, in this post you are dead wrong. So many factors figure in, that you are not adding in. If things were bad enough to where the government actually turns on us, technology won't be near so big an advantage as you think. There are a LOT of smart people out here. And, often enough, the highest tech stuff can be confounded by quite simple little tricks. Ever seen what a buck fifty laser pointer can do to someone using night vision gear? It's pretty cool. And thats just one very small example.

I don't hold with the mindset that we will be facing US military forces in open combat to throw off the yoke of oppression, but, if we were to do so, it won't be near the rollover you are claiming it would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies