Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 04:12 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Do you want to know a secret.

The issues then and the issues now are not very different.
They kinda are.... Unmanned drones, globalization, nuclear arsenals, nsa spying, internet, automatic weapons, etc.

New issues for a new age....

Old 09-13-2013, 04:17 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomForMorsi View Post
It can't happen here. If the people of the United States decided to violently overthrow the government, it wouldn't last long. The military has jets, drones, tanks, anti-material rifles, claymores, etc. What would do the U.S. people have? A lot of guns. Guns don't do much against unmanned planes.
Technically, the US could have a bloodless revolution if our elections are truly legitimate. If enough people get fed up, a new political party could join the presidential ticket and take over the White House.

Love them or hate them, gun ownership is part of being an American. I don't own them and I don't agree with just letting any idiot have a gun, but I'm not for banning them either.

I just think it should be much tougher to get a permit.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:17 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
We don't need time travel.

The intent of the founders is well documented in their writings.

Sorry if this goes against your world view.
Ha. So their intent just happens to align with your ideology.... Give me a break.

The founding fathers weren't a bunch of guys that agreed with each, they all had differing views how the country should proceed. Again.... How many different denominations of Christianity were spurred by the bible? Same theme, same subjectivity.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:36 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
They kinda are.... Unmanned drones, globalization, nuclear arsenals, nsa spying, internet, automatic weapons, etc.

New issues for a new age....
You list the tools but not the reasons why they are being used. If you cannot see that difference then I cannot help you.

Plus biological warfare, spying and ranged attacks have been around for thousands of years. Things are not as different as they seem.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The people of Egypt, Syria, Libya among other nations have risen up in arms against their tyrannical governments.

We have supplied the "rebels" with weapons that help them fight their government forces.

Gun grabbers have no concept of this.

"It can't happen here", right?
What about your friend and newfound hero - Putin? What do you suppose he thinks about the right to bear arms?

Old 09-13-2013, 07:29 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Don't forget Pearl Harbor, people were also killed by a fire ballon in Oregon during ww2 as well.
I was only counting boots on the ground. I would have liked to use the Alamo too, but at that time it wasn't USA.. it was Texas and Mexico thought different. But Texas wasn't a part of the USA and almost never was.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Really, the milirary wouldn't have to fight. The various gov'ts could just cancel trash pickup for a few weeks and the urban areas would demand an end to knuckle-draggers fantasies in order to get the trash collected.

But fantasies are all this is. Nothing will come of it.
Note to self: sabotage trash pick up trucks.....

I once welded on such trucks and even had the Boss have me weld dumpster covers closed to seal them

Suddenly i recall you are correct, and when the ass hole gets slammed shut, the whole world stops. This is very handy as a reminder......

And since you are USA Army retired, you should be aware if the president called out any military it would be illegal according to to the CONS. if you don't know that i would question as to which OATH you took.

I already question what your lottery number was.

Thanks just the same.......

Old 09-13-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
So you think we still live in the 18th century too?

I love this country and the ability to exercise my 1st amendment right.....

So you think the 2nd amendment is more important than the 1st as well..... I guess it's less fun to hear ideas that are different than yours when you can just shoot them eh?
i saw you quoted otherwise you are in pandora's box.

to answer:

The only reason the 1st is in the order of the first is because of the gun, in the 2nd, and says the first is. The gun protects your 1st right. Not that you care.

I take it you don't KNOW there is Order to the CONS and it isn't random.

My guns protect your Rights whether you like it or not. no matter what you think about guns and no matter what you say about gun, they are protecting your rights.

Even if you don't care about your rights, so long as you are a USA Citizen guns are protecting all of your rights.

Hell of a service for a loser huh? You should have to PAY UP, but there is nothing in the CONS to force you.

On the other hand YOU are part of the Militia whether or not you like it, so long as you are 18 to 46 years old. it just isn't enforced, but it could be on the instant.

Since women are all so egual now, they should also have to file for the Selective Service. maybe they are required now and i am just not aware.

The CONS is a timeless document and will last until the USA fails. The 18th century has nothing to do with it.

The feds are in violation of many laws under the cons money is one. By Law only gold and silver can be used as money and yet we now have neither.

The feds can not use military might against it's own people either. Only the National Guard can be called out.

ALL Military, NG included, SWORE an Oath to up hold and defend the CONS not any president.

These are fact and can be found just by looking up the CONS.

Since i don't believe you are sincere or even care it's back in the dunce box for you. if i happen to see a quote and you seem to have cared i may or not respond.

Basically i don't care what you think. bye

Old 09-13-2013, 08:23 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,660 times
Quote:
It can't happen here. If the people of the United States decided to violently overthrow the government, it wouldn't last long. The military has jets, drones, tanks, anti-material rifles, claymores, etc. What would do the U.S. people have? A lot of guns. Guns don't do much against unmanned planes.
It was a complete failure in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:33 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,935 times
Quote:
Similar to Egypt and other civil uprisings ( including Russia), that only matters IF the military is willing to open fire on civilians. That won't happen in the USA where the military is so closely aligned with the people. I have no doubt they would turn on government before the people.

Posted with TapaTalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies