Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The people of Egypt, Syria, Libya among other nations have risen up in arms against their tyrannical governments.

We have supplied the "rebels" with weapons that help them fight their government forces.

Gun grabbers have no concept of this.

"It can't happen here", right?
You are mistaken; the second amendment was a guarantee that people would always have the inalienable right to self-defense.
When you make uneducated statements like this you made it only serves to confuse the issue and to help the people who would ignore the natural rights every person is born with.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:46 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
You are mistaken; the second amendment was a guarantee that people would always have the inalienable right to self-defense.
When you make uneducated statements like this you made it only serves to confuse the issue and to help the people who would ignore the natural rights every person is born with.
I rather tend to agree. The 2A, for all its brevity, is a far broader right than being able to resist govt oppression. Many, more likely, situations are liable to pop up, where an armed citizenry would be needed. As i dividuals or as a group.

In truth, the urban areas today are in need of militia action. Neighborhoods taken over by drug dealing criminals that police cannot, or will not, control, are prime examples. However, the citizens of these places are, more often than not, denied the right to defend themselves.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:02 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Sometimes I wonder about your rose colored glasses and what lengths you will go to uphold the straw house argument that you have created.

1) several leading Confederates were indicted for treason against the United States. They were not tried only because of Amnesty granted by the President before leaving office.

2) technically anyone can rebel against the united states. and technically the united states has the power, authority, and capability to squash you like bugs. They have done it before (uh South? Whiskey Rebellion? etc) and they will do it again if it came to it

3) If your in a world where somehow a dictator uses his powers to become President/Emperor for life, and the federal govt agrees with him. . .well the Govt has sided with the emperor. Regardless of your thoughts on tyranny. . .they would still kill you for rebelling. Those in power would make the rules.

The only way for you not to be killed and labeled treason is if you are successful in rising up and overthrowing the govt you find is tyrannical. If you rise up and lose, the govt will not be stopped by a constitution to put you down. ..
the winners decide what is rebellion, what is treason, and who dies and I seriously doubt any rebellion versus the capability and power of the united states army.

and if the Army was on your side. . .ha, what do you need guns for? if they are against you. .you don't need guns, they are worthless. if they are with you. . still don't need 'em

4) Show us ONE case where the 2nd amendment protected someone attempting to overthrow the united states govt?
The south wanted to secede...... not over throw the feds. There is a difference.

As much as you think the little King can call out the might of the Military upon the We the people he can't and has no legal authority to do so.

The best he can do is request the governors call out the National Guard.

But i do hope the little King tries before his time ends. You Lefties would get a up close and personal viewing of the situation and since you retain few guns there isn't much you could do about it.

What surprises me is that after 5 years of being inept you think a miracle will happen and suddenly Obama will be somebody other than the little puppet king he has been.

History will show him for what he is. A dead beat.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:08 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
This is really the crux of the matter: Neocon and faux-libertarian political perspectives are simply too immature to acknowledge the realities of living in community with others, to acknowledge the obligations of being a member of a society, to acknowledge the inherent worth and value of others sufficient to accept that reasonable people can disagree with them, and that those opposing perspectives rightfully must be factored-into society's fabric. This is explicitly immaturity of those perspectives, because it refuses to accept that maturity requires striking a balance between what you want and what other reasonable people want, working together to find middle ground rather than petulantly sabotaging society until you get your way.
'immature' tell that to the child king OBAMA. The entire LW is immature. Just shut up and follow..... That's all you are good for.

And quit pretending........... Every single day that moron has been in office the USA has been lead by the immoral inept.

And the best you do is pretend the CONS was changed. The LW owns insanity .

Old 09-19-2013, 09:50 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
You cannot "honestly" say anything in the future will or will not happen with certainty.
Well I just said that with certainty about America's Armchair Rambos, you are more than welcome to prove me wrong.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I rather tend to agree. The 2A, for all its brevity, is a far broader right than being able to resist govt oppression. Many, more likely, situations are liable to pop up, where an armed citizenry would be needed. As i dividuals or as a group.

In truth, the urban areas today are in need of militia action. Neighborhoods taken over by drug dealing criminals that police cannot, or will not, control, are prime examples. However, the citizens of these places are, more often than not, denied the right to defend themselves.
Cities don't need vigilantes running around forming gangs to fight gangs with fire power. That is just a recipe for disaster.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:54 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well I just said that with certainty about America's Armchair Rambos, you are more than welcome to prove me wrong.

You made the outlandish assertion with confidence. It is therefore up to you to prove it.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
'immature' tell that to the child king OBAMA. The entire LW is immature. Just shut up and follow..... That's all you are good for.

And quit pretending........... Every single day that moron has been in office the USA has been lead by the immoral inept.

And the best you do is pretend the CONS was changed. The LW owns insanity .
bUU is yet another leftist "do-gooder" who thinks he is the arbiter of right and wrong over all other people.
Nothing new to see here.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
You made the outlandish assertion with confidence. It is therefore up to you to prove it.
No civil war uprise from the armchair Rambos, guess I proved it, check the news tomorrow to see if that still holds true. Heck, every day there is no uprise from the armchair Rambos I prove that there will be no revolution coming from them.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No civil war uprise from the armchair Rambos, guess I proved it, check the news tomorrow to see if that still holds true. Heck, every day there is no uprise from the armchair Rambos I prove that there will be no revolution coming from them.
Are you five years old?
There's going to be an uprising in the U.S. I can see it forming way from up here. The country is split and people are fed up on all sides.
Now continue on with your childishness, by all means. Why not give me an update every minute henceforth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies