Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 06:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not really.. the applications are open, the subsidies, HAVE NO MONEY..
If the shutdown is permanent, then they won't have the money, but I get the feeling it is not permanent.

You think it's permanent....oh, my...

They shut down the government to make a symbolic political statement, which is dumber than dumb.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-01-2013 at 06:37 AM..

Old 10-01-2013, 06:19 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The whole thing is reminiscent of a shouting match between 6-yr-olds on the playground:

Well, at least we now have a debate that our dumbed-down, public-school educated electorate can readily follow.
Don't forget calling each other pea brain and doo doo head. This whole issue is incredibly childish from both sides. The citizens that elected our so-called adult politicians aren't being represented properly.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It will take a while, but when the GOP cleans up it's TParty mess, Congress will be able to function. The GOPShutdown won't last long. Boehner will bring clean CR to floor for vote, it will be passed, then we can do this all over for the Debt Ceiling episode. Makes for good reality TV, don't 'cha know, kind of like "DC Housewives".
They shut down the government to make a symbolic point, and that is a horrible political mistake. A true gift from GOP to Dems.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:23 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I'm proud of the Dems for standing their ground against the GOP absurdity. The GOP free fall continues.

What a colossal blunder and miscalculation by the Kool-Aid caucus of hapless House tea party Pubs.

President Obama and the Dems, as usual, hold the superior position.
Your comment - Corrected.

I'm proud of the Republicans for standing their ground against the Dems absurdity. The Dem free fall continues.

What a colossal blunder and miscalculation by the Kool-Aid caucus of hapless Obamabot I will do whatever he says democrats .

President Obama and the Dems, as usual, hold the toiletwater position.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If the shutdown is permanent, then they won't have the money, but I get the feeling it is not permanent.

You think it's permanent....oh, my...

They shut down the government to make a symbolic political statement, which it dumber than dumb.
No, not really.. it doesnt need to be permanant in order to not have the money, just that section of the budget bill needs to be affected.

Why dont you learn a little about budgets and stop embarassing yourself by saying things beyond stupid like this..

Old 10-01-2013, 06:25 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The "non-partisan" president and the "great uniter" has weighed in on negotiating with the Congress over the government shut down.

Obama On The GOP: 'I Shouldn't Have To Offer Anything' : The Two-Way : NPR

Negotiate with Iran, Russia, and the Muslim Brotherhood- fine

Negotiate with Congress- hell no
What is there to negotiate? What are the conservatives offering Democrats? We know they want to destroy his health care bill and he is supposed to negotiate to help them destroy it?
Why

conservatives just can't seem to think.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:26 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
What is there to negotiate? What are the conservatives offering Democrats? We know they want to destroy his health care bill and he is supposed to negotiate to help them destroy it?
Why

conservatives just can't seem to think.
They offered to change their demand from defunding, to delaying.. What have the Democrats offered? Where are the Democratic bills to fix the problems with it?

Old 10-01-2013, 06:27 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Key statement in the OP's article...

"Steve when you say what can I offer? I shouldn't have to offer anything," Obama said. "They're not doing me a favor by paying for things that they have already approved for the government to do. That's part of their basic function of government; that's not doing me a favor. That's doing what the American people sent them here to do, carrying out their responsibilities.

Honestly, I can't argue the reasoning. Votes matter, and whether I like it or not, Dems controlled Congress in 2009 and got this bogus plan planned. If the Congressional roles were reversed, and there was something I wanted the government to do (or not do), it would be equally wrong liberals to shut down the government based on something that was already voted on.

Where we are now is the result of so many factors that occurred earlier. We are focused on what's in front of our face now and forget the past at what got us here.

I don't like Obamacare. It will lead to a crappy single payer system - as it is currently designed. Republicans - or more importantly the people - need to figure out another way to get rid of this. Shutting down gov't is not the answer.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:28 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Maybe if O bangs his spoon on his highchair, he'll get his way.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:29 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
They offered to change their demand from defunding, to delaying.. What have the Democrats offered? Where are the Democratic bills to fix the problems with it?
Please can one conservative think. Seriously, what does that offer mean to Democrats? What are they getting to negotiate to destroy their own bill?

Can you not see how that makes no sense to say to democrats we demand that you negotiate with us to destroy your health care bill while getting nothing in return.

Can conservatives think? How does that make sense to any rational person as a compromise or the start of bargaining?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies