Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 07:02 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
When I was young I was more liberal and my finances were A MESS. As I became more conservative and lived according to conservative values, my finances became better and better and now, life is good. Hey, stay where you are, keep thinking like a liberal / democrat and years from now your life won't change much for the better if at all.
But on the plus side, I'll be helping to pay for your Medicare. You're welcome.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
So are you still dreaming about doing all the crevices?
What the HELL are you talking about? Quote me if you can, because you keep brining this up and I'm getting ready to report you for being disgusting..

Old 10-01-2013, 07:03 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Simple, liberals are afraid to take ownership and responsibility over their own lives.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:13 PM

66 posts, read 69,802 times
Hi all - question - as far as I know - the Republicans want to - (1) to reduce the cost of medicine and education; (2) pursue a more aggressive foreign policy, 3) the restriction of abortion and raising the prestige of the family, 4) reduction of environmental protection, 5) cancellation of trade unions in the private enterprises, 6) reducing the minimum wage. Right? That is, the Republicans want to make the country even more military. Democrats wanna turn the country into an agrarian party( clear that only slightly - times completely agrarian countries has long since passed) and towards civil liberties.
my point - it is necessary to combine the Democratic and Republican ideas-they may be contradictory to you, but we must remember what the country needs now and how it will impact in the future. Therefore, my opinion - 5 and 6 item- requires clarification - what category of people will be affected by the reforms. 3 item-I agree. 1, 2, -require clarification , 4-disagree... the Alleged compromise with the Democrats will be set against the budget. Who knows what areas are most needed US for a secure future?

Old 10-01-2013, 07:14 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
That sure would make it a lot easier. Today's liberal Democrats are the scum of the Earth and I have a really hard time having any pity for them even in situations where they're in need through no fault of their own. When you go out of your way to hurt other people like today's liberal Democrats do it's hard for me to get upset when they get a little of what they deserve in return. I don't tolerate intolerance and today's Democrat party is built on hate and intolerance, I say let them fend for themselves since they created these problems.
You say you don't tolerate intolerance, and yet you're saying people who hold political views different from yours should die in the gutter like an animal? Are you always this much of a hypocrite or did we just get extra lucky today?

Old 10-01-2013, 07:17 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
You say you don't tolerate intolerance, and yet you're saying people who hold political views different from yours should die in the gutter like an animal? Are you always this much of a hypocrite or did we just get extra lucky today?
I'm not saying anyone should die in a gutter like an animal, all I'm saying that if you choose to be a heartless, liberal moron I will in turn choose to let you die in a gutter like an animal before I go out of my way to help your worthless ass. Nobody should die in a gutter, nobody should be as stupid as Democrats either.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:17 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
...many Americans support drug testing people getting food stamps or TANF...
They did this in my state. They took 1300 people receiving TANF and drug tested them. Only 29 out of 1300 people tested positive for any drugs. I wonder how much it cost to run those tests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Both Republicans and Democrats want a nanny state. They just show it in different ways. The sooner we all break free of the two party system and start voting for people rather than parties the better off we'll all be.
Hear, hear! I've been preaching this for years.

Quote:
People who didn't contribute a damn thing other than to produce more babies then teach them to do the same thing. That, I don't want to pay for. Next they'll demand we pay for the music and the wine to go with the night they wh*re around.
You continue to assert that people on welfare (receiving gov't benefits such as SNAP (food stamps), TANF, day care assistance, etc.) are all lazy, promiscuous drug abusers.

It's been pointed out to you so many times, but the facts of the matter are:

1. The majority of people receiving benefits work. They are employed; often with more than one job, or there is more than one adult in the household who works.

2. A massive percentage of people receiving benefits are children, the elderly, the physically and/or developmentally disabled, or people with serious mental health issues.

3. The number of people who are "lazy bums" who simply refuse to work and instead try to cheat the system is a small number. A small percentage of people receiving benefits.

I know this from working directly in the field for over a quarter-century.

What do you propose we do with the working poor who DO contribute and are doing the best they can? With children in need? With the elderly and infirm?

I'd honestly like to know if you endorse helping them in any way or having services in place to assist them in any way.

Quote:
Get rid of Obama would be a good start. Get him out of the fricken way.
Fine with me. As long as you don't replace him with someone like Romney or any of the other clowns the GOP paraded around last presidential election.

Dear god, it's like a Saturday Night Live skit watching all these freakin' Democrats and Republicans prancing around in front of elections, with their promises they have no intention of keeping, nor the capability to keep, their empty rhetoric, their divisive nonsense, their collusion with special interests.

I cannot understand how a person can't witness this crap and realize we should vote them all out. How a person could watch these election proceedings and conclude "Well, there's MY candidate right there! I want THAT person! That person is BETTER than the other person!"

What an idiotic crock of poop.

Quote:
Wrong, the military train and work hard. Welfare, well, they work hard swinging on the porch. Serving is something to be proud of, leaches, losers, not so much.
Again, as has been pointed out to you numerous times, your stereotyping of people on benefits as lazy, drug-addled leeches could not possibly be more wrong or more of a mischaracterization. But have fun with your hateful, ignorant delusions.

You obviously are not the only person on the internet who that feels this way. On this thread and countless others, and countless other forums there is always a shrill chorus of whiners and shriekers griping and complaining about how some modicum of their taxes may be going to aid the "less fortunate" and then go on to paint all people on welfare as lazy degenerates of low morals who just want handouts and refuse to contribute and yaddayaddayadda, blahblahblah.

It's baseless BS.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:20 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
The less fortunate -> those are the retarded, physically disable. Obviously you the less fortunate have low IQ's

Old 10-01-2013, 07:22 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Why do you feel people are too stupid to care for themselves?
Still angry about those mandatory child safety seats?

Old 10-01-2013, 07:28 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't. Next question?
Obama does. He claims that healthcare is a right and should be provided by the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies