Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 05:28 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Hellz ya! Everyone gets laid.....

But by your own logic then the right wants sex nowhere...... That does explain their pent up frustration.

We don't care how much sex you have....screw your little brains out if you like.

Just don't expect us to pay for your birth control or the unwanted consequences of your libidos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 05:41 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom lives View Post
I'm curious what nation would you like us to become and the reasons why.
I like the way this nation was founded.

I think it was founded in such a way as to elect representatives to Congress; have them pass bills through the House, Senate, and White House to become laws; and then have the bills examined for validity by the Supreme Court as necessary. And then let the law stand or else amend it through another bill passed into law through the House, Senate, and White House.

I don't think it was founded in such a way as to encourage disgruntled extremists from economically sabotaging the nation if they don't get their way through the aforementioned process. It has been used for budgetary negotiation in the past, but nothing to the scale of striking down a law that was justly passed. I don't think the Founding Fathers intended the power of the purse as a way of completely circumventing the legislative process.

So that begs the questions: why do conservatives not like the way the country was founded?

Old 10-09-2013, 07:49 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Lets see founded as in what?

-Slavery
-Religious colonialsim
-Legalized racism and assaults
-All men are created equal except non whites
Shall i keep going?
Please do....

However in the mean time let me put some statements and opinions out there. Many times progressive liberal types deemed the left believe and promote control over people. Their chosen instrument in doing so is government, along with rules and regulation. Be it gun control, taxes, environment, cigarettes, certain food and drink, salt, sugar, income, and so on it is always about believing people can't guide themselves and need to be directed. Every known progressive liberal leader or politician has promoted that, you cannot deny it.

Look at what you listed for your thoughts on the founding, EVERYTHING a negative in your opinion. No balanced list, just looking for the negative. That falls right in line with how progressive left don't seem to think people can guide themselves that they will go astray given the chance or can't better themselves without your guidance.

You failed to add that every nation has had what you listed above, you failed to say that the principles set in the founding led almost immediately to others like slaves, or women saying "well what about me?".

The founders could just as easily set themselves up as the ruling elite with disregard to individual liberty but they didn't they chose a path that was unheard of almost at the time to personal rights and freedom that you still enjoy today overall.

Were they perfect people?, was every problem or social issue solved immediately?,no. But they set in motion a level of personal freedom that influenced the world.

This is not to say "the right" never attempts to control people, however when you look at almost all the solutions the left promote, it is always about rules, regulations, limits, and bans always expecting the government to control the people.

Signs signs everywhere signs, do this...don't do that. Or more recently, laws laws everywhere laws, own this but don't own that, consume this but not that, say this but not that, keep this but not that.........

Old 10-09-2013, 08:01 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
You obviously don't like the idea of expanding rights and economic opportunity.

You have a seriously distorted view of what America is and has been for more than two centuries.

Probably too late for you to wake up now, though.
Nobody is stopping anybody from economic opportunity except the tax and spend government. I know exactly how the country was formed and my ancestors gave everyone the right to work and succeed themselves. How can anyone ask for anything but to be protected while you freely work. It is the lunatic politicians who are trying to "spread the wealth." Wealth should be made, not spread. You want it; work for it.

When the wealth is yours and you made it; you have a right to use it for yourself or give to those who are in need, unless you are living under a communist dictator.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:08 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Nobody is stopping anybody from economic opportunity except the tax and spend government. I know exactly how the country was formed and my ancestors gave everyone the right to work and succeed themselves. How can anyone ask for anything but to be protected while you freely work. It is the lunatic politicians who are trying to "spread the wealth." Wealth should be made, not spread. You want it; work for it.

When the wealth is yours and you made it; you have a right to use it for yourself or give to those who are in need, unless you are living under a communist dictator.
My ancestors have a different take on the experience from your ancestors. We were on the wrong end of manifest destiny. What your ancestors made, they took from the Indian through a process of murder, theft and duplicity.

I for one would never want the nation to go back to the old days. Now, at least the killing has stopped for the most part.
I'm pretty happy with the way the country is now.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:19 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
And, once again, Harrier is wrong.

That's the only sure bet here.
You don't speak for all liberals.

So Harrier could be right, but he will modify what he thinks to not include you.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:23 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
The left's idea: sex everywhere and taxpayers pay for their choice. paid abortions and unlimited welfare.
So America run by liberals would just be one big orgy?

Old 10-09-2013, 11:55 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
So America run by liberals would just be one big orgy?
It already is.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:06 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country." -Thomas Jefferson

This country was founded by people who hated corporate power. But today's conservatives fight for CEO's to run our government, they fight for corporate tax cuts, and they fight for corporate deregulation.

And our country was also created by men like Andrew Jackson. Do you know how much Andrew Jackson respected his soldiers and regular Americans? Men like Andrew Jackson would have killed you for your un-gentleman like behavior towards the poor and regular Americans.

Andrew Jackson kills Charles Dickinson in duel — History.com This Day in History — 5/30/1806
List of duels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When this country was founded we all rode horses and worked on farms, but as America grew and became more advanced we moved into cities. With these living changes problems arose, like the elderly not having money and the poor not living well. This caused past Americans to create things like Social Security, create welfare and Medicare, build highways, build electricity lines, create national parks, create public schools, do scientific research for our health, ex.ex.

Our past leaders created the country we now live in. And when I was a kid everyone said we lived in the greatest country on Earth. But republicans in the last 15 years decided that they no longer like the country that past Americans created.

To answer your question, Liberals love the way our country was founded, and we like the country we live in today. But todays conservatives hate the country that our past Americans created.

Last edited by chad3; 10-10-2013 at 03:37 AM..

Old 10-10-2013, 03:34 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
The proper question is, To The Right You Obviously Don't Like The Way The Country Was Founded So What Nation Would You Prefer Us To Be Like?

Answer:

Republicans want small government (they want to abolish the EPA, IRS, FCC, FDA, ex.ex.)
Republicans want corporate deregulation.
Republicans want low taxes or no taxes.
Republicans want to abolish welfare, public schools, public libraries, government run SS, ex.ex.

What countries have small government, no EPA, FCC, or FDA, low taxes, no corporate regulation, no public schools, no welfare, ex.ex. ?

Answer: Afghanistan or Somalia.

Why don't you move to a country that already has your dream government installed, instead of destroying our present country that past Americans created?

And if (republicans) Reagan and GW Bush never cut rich peoples tax rates, and then wasted money on military spending. Then we would have no dangerous national debt or deficits, and everything would be fine.

Last edited by chad3; 10-10-2013 at 03:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies