Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2013, 11:17 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times

Advertisements

Of course, it is inescapable that SOMEBODY said "I will not negotiate!", and that lack of negotiation and compromise led to the shut down.
It is also inescapable that SOMEBODY was in a position to give direction to the Federal agencies as to what should be done about the shutdown and during the shutdown. SOMEBODY ELSE was NOT able to give such direction
Who would those people have been??
Oh, yeah...

Old 10-19-2013, 11:54 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Of course, it is inescapable that SOMEBODY said "I will not negotiate!", and that lack of negotiation and compromise led to the shut down.
It is also inescapable that SOMEBODY was in a position to give direction to the Federal agencies as to what should be done about the shutdown and during the shutdown. SOMEBODY ELSE was NOT able to give such direction
Who would those people have been??
Oh, yeah...
"Our top political priority over the next two years is to deny President Obama a second term.”

Mitch McConnell, Senate President, December 2010

That guy? And his entire party who have spent the last three years refusing to negotiate on one single thing? You're certainly right about that!

Old 10-19-2013, 12:45 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times
Default Proof this shutdown was caused by republicans

I know the talking point from republicans is that it was obama who caused this shutdown. Well, one of your people admits it was caused by republicans. Presented to you from the President of Freemdom Works:

FreedomWorks CEO: Shutdown, Debt Crisis Were 'Brilliant Republican Strategy'

Old 10-19-2013, 12:54 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
I see three names in the article: Tom Kludt, Matt Kibbe, and Tyler Cowen. Just who the H E L L are these people, and why should we pay any attention to their rants about economics OR politics?
I never heard of ANY of them!

Old 10-19-2013, 12:57 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Plus their hero, Ted Cruz has already stated he will shut down the government again in January if he doesn't get his way.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I see three names in the article: Tom Kludt, Matt Kibbe, and Tyler Cowen. Just who the H E L L are these people, and why should we pay any attention to their rants about economics OR politics?
Matt Kibbe is the president of Freedomworks, which is a right wing think tank that supports tea party politicians.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Google is your friend. Apparently you're not sufficiently mired in Tea Party politics if you've never heard of them.

Quote:
Matt Kibbe is the President and CEO of FreedomWorks. He has been with the organization for over 15 years. An economist by training, Kibbe is a well-respected national public policy expert, bestselling author and political commentator. He also serves as Distinguished Senior Fellow at the Austrian Economic Center in Vienna, Austria.

Newsweek has called Kibbe “one of the masterminds” of Tea Party politics, expertise which has led to frequent appearances on national news shows including FOX News, NBC, ABC News, CNN, MSNBC, FOX Business, PBS, and CSPAN.
Matt Kibbe | FreedomWorks

Quote:
Tyler Cowen (/ˈkaʊ.ən/; born January 21, 1962) is an American economist, academic, and writer. He occupies the Holbert C. Harris Chair of economics as a professor at George Mason University and is co-author, with Alex Tabarrok, of the popular economics blog Marginal Revolution. Cowen and Tabarrok have also ventured into online education by starting Marginal Revolution University. He currently writes the "Economic Scene" column for the New York Times, and he also writes for such publications as The New Republic, the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Newsweek, and the Wilson Quarterly. Cowen also serves as general director of George Mason's Mercatus Center, a university research center that focuses on the market economy. In February 2011, Cowen received a nomination as one of the most influential economists in the last decade through a survey by The Economist.[1] He was ranked #72 among the "Top 100 Global Thinkers" in 2011 by Foreign Policy Magazine, "for finding markets in everything".[2]
Tyler Cowen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cowen is also the guy who wrote the TIME article calling Texas the future of America -- widely praised here on CD by other cons.

Oh, and Tom Kludt is the author of the report. Duh.

So. As the OP said: Proof.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:05 PM

777 posts, read 1,873,199 times
^^^^^^^
What Redraven said.

And, I really do question the article's credibility when the headline is grammatically incorrect. It should be "Shutdown, Debt Crisis Was..." or "Shutdown, Debt Crises Were..."

Old 10-19-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggier View Post
^^^^^^^
What Redraven said.

And, I really do question the article's credibility when the headline is grammatically incorrect. It should be "Shutdown, Debt Crisis Was..." or "Shutdown, Debt Crises Were..."
Did you actually see the tweet? Its from his twitter account.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggier View Post
^^^^^^^
What Redraven said.
So because you've never heard of two prominent Tea Party pundits, that means they're not credible Tea Party sources? I think you have an ego problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies