Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 11:47 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I already have businesses. I offered grants to entrepreneurs last year.

Know who your talking to.
But we don't know who you are in real life. Shrug.

As to not snitching in order to stay alive... well don't help the police get rid of the criminal element and live with what you have then, and stop complaining about it.... and this is directed to those who won't drop an anonymous dime to help out the police in the ghetto neighborhoods.

Otherwise, the last two black managers at work visibility try to bond with the hourly bro's and cut them a lot of slack. There's no hiding the favoritism going on amongst the blacks. I very honestly don't see this happening with the other racial groups at my jobs. For the rest of us, work is just work and we do our fair share of it... except for the slacker blacks who love to move slow as molasses in an effort to look cool at work.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:55 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
But we don't know who you are in real life. Shrug.

Haven't lied yet in 8 years. Go back through my posts. Would be one hell of a story to remember.

As to not snitching in order to stay alive... well don't help the police get rid of the criminal element and live with what you have then, and stop complaining about it.... and this is directed to those who won't drop an anonymous dime to help out the police in the ghetto neighborhoods.

What type of neighborhood did you grow up in? Do you feel that you personally could correct a declining neighborhood?

Otherwise, the last two black managers at work visibility try to bond with the hourly bro's and cut them a lot of slack. There's no hiding the favoritism going on amongst the blacks. I very honestly don't see this happening with the other racial groups at my jobs. For the rest of us, work is just work and we do our fair share of it... except for the slacker blacks who love to move slow as molasses in an effort to look cool at work.
I think you might have some racial hangups.

There's lazy people of all races. There's hard workers in all races. There's good cops. There's bad cops.

Culture, socioeconomic background, education, etc are all at play when it comes to human behavior.

But yet again your focusing on crime, or on "black" people's behavior rather than the issue in this thread.

Why should I be treated differently than you simply because of my race? Why should I have to give up my civil rights when your not giving up yours?

Do you think that your better than me?

Old 01-15-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
You complain about police corruption in the US? What corruption. On the other hand police and government corruption in Third World countries, like all the countries in the continent of Africa... now THAT'S corruption to complain about!!!
Stop deflecting.

Yes, you know, what the entire country is protesting right now.

What corruption? Are you getting paid?

Old 01-15-2015, 12:03 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
I already have businesses. I offered grants to entrepreneurs last year.

Know who your talking to.
Are these government funded grants or your own hard earned money?

Old 01-15-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Are these government funded grants or your own hard earned money?
My own hard earned money. And I'm not rich.

All of the money besides 1 job is what I created (with help from staff). And the money was going to anyone regardless of race.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:18 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Its the internet and anyone can be anything... I'm secure in what I am... ... and as you insult challenge demean and tell stories asking everyone to drink your koolaid all the while arrogantly telling everyone how good you are... others perhaps see a blatant radical agenda. This thread won't change anything...except maybe personal aggrandizement ... today I'll go to work and do my job to the best of my ability ... hopefully today's someone's life will be improved by an seemingly insignificant act. But ..please do elaborate of what you are referring to with your community involvement

Do you think by your bashing you create anything worthwbile... think again... this is nothing more than personal trash talk... people who are successful at anything rarely beat their own drum...

People who are community focused are tuned in to the betternent of where they live and work ... they work within the system to affect positive change.. this thread does none of that

You make this personal.. its not.. I think your agenda is sick and potentially dangerous ... spudnuts read garbage posted and feel enabled ... if you feel some guilt or responsibility ... well... that's on you.. and if you .can't see the harm in what you do cloaked as a cause then get some "education" perhaps a third world country or banana republic would be better to move to... and be king ... so you can spout at will

The moderator of this thread told me she doesn't like threads like this because ultimately they degrade to trash talk... I certainly feel you are being overtly disrespectful to others and the thread displays a lack of balance...actually it appears to be the muses of seriously affected persons... I feel sorry for them to the extent they aren't dangerous ... its pitiful and creepy
I hope she closes it...

With freedom comes responsibility... I see none of that exhibited ...

Last edited by notmeofficer; 01-15-2015 at 01:38 PM..

Old 01-15-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Its the internet and anyone can be anything... I'm secure in what I am... ... and as you insult challenge demean and tell stories asking everyone to drink your koolaid all the while arrogantly telling everyone how good you are... others perhaps see a blatant radical agenda. This thread won't change anything...except maybe personal aggrandizement ... today I'll go to work and do my job to the best of my ability ... hopefully today's someone's life will be improved by an seemingly insignificant act. But ..please do elaborate of what you are referring to with your community involvement

Do you think by your bashing you create anything worthwbile... think again... this is nothing more than personal trash talk... people who are successful at anything rarely beat their own drum...

People who are community focused are tuned in to the betternent of where they live and work ... they work within the system to affect positive change.. this thread does none of that

You make this personal.. its not.. I think your agenda is sick and potentially dangerous ... spudnuts read garbage posted and feel enabled ... if you feel some guilt or responsibility ... well... that's on you.. and if you .can't see the harm in what you do cloaked as a cause then get some "education" perhaps a third world country or banana republic would be better to move to... and be king ... so you can spout at will

The moderator of this thread told me she doesn't like threads like this because ultimately they degrade to trash talk... I certainly feel you are being overtly disrespectful to others and the thread displays a lack of balance...actually it appears to be the muses of seriously affected persons... I feel sorry for them to the extent they aren't dangerous ... its pitiful and creepy
I hope she closes it...

With freedom comes responsibility... I see none of that exhibited ...
Quit trolling and go start your own thread. What you don't want is me discussing THIS issue. As far as my career, you don't hear arrogance you hear a man who's been through something. If you want the world to bend because your a cop your barking up the wrong tree. Save it.

Let's get back to the topic if you choose to actually have a discussion.

Slave - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

slave noun \ˈslāv\
: someone who is legally owned by another person and is forced to work for that person without pay

: a person who is strongly influenced and controlled by something

If your arresting people for marijuana, a personal choice, your controlling that person's actions when no crime has been committed (offense against another individual or the state).

If your violating someone's 4th amendment rights by stopping and frisking them, you are treating them like a subject (a slave).

Old 01-15-2015, 02:44 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,767,416 times
Quote:
I'm not addressing taxes. I'm considering that a separate issue to be settled.

I'm strictly talking about Policing for profit instead of reducing crime and creating a peaceful environment.
You cannot separate the two. Policing for profit only exists because of the taxpayer revolt. It is the immediate cause of policing for profit, and policing for profit would not exist if the taxpayer revolt had never existed. The two are inextricably linked and it is impossible to reach the goal you want without addressing the other issue first.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
You cannot separate the two. Policing for profit only exists because of the taxpayer revolt. It is the immediate cause of policing for profit, and policing for profit would not exist if the taxpayer revolt had never existed. The two are inextricably linked and it is impossible to reach the goal you want without addressing the other issue first.
You can separate the 2 if your in control of the budget.

Figure out what your revenue source is without harrassment, entrapment or working towards quotas. Balance your budget accordingly.

Every city's situation is going to be different so its not an end all, but outside of not being fiscally necessary its flat out wrong.

We do not need a government that is dependent upon crime to survive. That's a terrible idea IMO.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:50 PM

The big kicker in this country is ending the Drug War.

You want to make cop's lives safer. End the drug war. You want to reduce crime. End the drug war.

You can't really say your about crime reduction when you ignore history and choose to support Prohibition.

But going back to money. The Police, government, and criminal justice system make too much money off of the "Drug War" so they'll fight it tooth and nail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies