Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 08:47 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times

Advertisements

Living in some of the most dangerous and violent neighborhoods in the country and world the African American community deserves better. In fact it demands better. Those who escape the gangs and violence of the city get smugness, harassment, and violence from the ones getting paid to be the good guys. Can't do the right thing for the thugs in badges working with the bad guys. Resist the gangs and you lose protection there too.

What's a black man to do?

Old 04-03-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Unbelievable! That was difficult to watch. No one should be subjected to that.

The sad truth is, I know that it must get much much worst than that.

I trust that harsh action was taken against the officer.
I've had my own instances where cops became violent without me without provocation. The officers instigating the event were black. The officers who protected me and kept me from being unlawfully tased were white.

I think a lot of people will be surprised when they start to see more of what some in this country are talking about. Some people haven't had rights for a long time. Poor people are another group regardless of race. It's pretty sad.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:33 AM

This video can be pretty tough to watch. It involves a couple refusing to talk to the Police about a personal matter. The Police arrive without a warrant, kick open the couples door, and then the officer tases the man's wife.

Situations like the video below happen EVERY SINGLE DAY in this country.

Home Invasion warrant-less entry because couple refused to talk to Cotati CA police - YouTube

Old 04-04-2014, 06:43 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
It almost seems to me in the many videos I have seen that our police are acting more & more like the military. It alarms me to see how much of this is going on everywhere in our country.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:14 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I've had my own instances where cops became violent without me without provocation. The officers instigating the event were black. The officers who protected me and kept me from being unlawfully tased were white.

I think a lot of people will be surprised when they start to see more of what some in this country are talking about. Some people haven't had rights for a long time. Poor people are another group regardless of race. It's pretty sad.
That smells like "profiling" right there; the Black cops wanted to Taze you maybe because you're a Black dude but the white ones, no.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That smells like "profiling" right there; the Black cops wanted to Taze you maybe because you're a Black dude but the white ones, no.
From 1 of the officers comments after the illegal arrest it most definitely was.

His first statements to me inside the cruiser were who my parents were, what church I went to, and what I did for work.

And boy did I have fun with that one.

This is from my public defender and not me, but her comment was that some of the black officers are the worst ones. From my experience I'd have to agree.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:21 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Hell, I'm still trying to figure this one out myself

Handcuffed Man Shoots Himself in Police Car - YouTube

Old 04-05-2014, 06:59 PM

Racist Cops Abuse Authority [VIDEO] - YouTube

Old 04-05-2014, 08:54 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
[quote=Gtownoe;31781763]When it comes to raising revenue, harassment, and falsifying/planting evidence, its blacks and other minorities (blacks, poor people, hispanics, people with certain cars or who dress a certain way) who suffer the most. Statistics show the number of stops on people of color and other traits depending on area, are extremely disproportionate to the current majority (whites, upper middle class whites particularly).

I hate to break it to on your racist post that everyone is against the Black Community. The police are equal opportunity finer and Confiners to anyone. The day of cops giving one a break is getting less and less.

See when it is convenient they teach the new breed of cop to citation and arrest. there is no true police cohesion with communities anymore and its worse in the inner city.

The Failure of the Black leadership is for anther post.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:25 PM

[quote=GHOSTRIDER AZ;34237993]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
When it comes to raising revenue, harassment, and falsifying/planting evidence, its blacks and other minorities (blacks, poor people, hispanics, people with certain cars or who dress a certain way) who suffer the most. Statistics show the number of stops on people of color and other traits depending on area, are extremely disproportionate to the current majority (whites, upper middle class whites particularly).

I hate to break it to on your racist post that everyone is against the Black Community. The police are equal opportunity finer and Confiners to anyone. The day of cops giving one a break is getting less and less.

See when it is convenient they teach the new breed of cop to citation and arrest. there is no true police cohesion with communities anymore and its worse in the inner city.

The Failure of the Black leadership is for anther post.

I don't know what you said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies