Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 06:56 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
What I don't get is how African Americans aren't revered in America. The nation has been built to be as great as it is today not because of any sense of 'due cause' but through the grit and hard work many Americans put forth...blacks having been significant in that.

Instead America would rather quarantine them, isolate them in ghettos, berate them, strip them of their humanity, and their freedom, reduce them to entertainers and athletes...all the while their work helped America get to where it is today.

I don't know how they don't just run rampant on the streets seeking retribution. I'm African...and American...(but not African American..culture is different)...but man, if I were, I don't know how I could get over it. It's very admirable of them...I don't think I could be so forgiving.
I agree, it's sort of the elephant in the room that racism has a long history in this country. Everybody thinks things have changed so much since the fight for equal rights, but it really hasn't. Black men have among the lowest hire rates in the U.S., about the same rate as white felons. And everybody wonders why it is that they're always in jail, in trouble, on drugs, etc. And another thing is that white people can be the saddest cases ever, drug addicted, between jobs, living on the streets, and nobody will ever say "white people are so lazy/criminal/disrespectful/ungrateful, etc. just because of that.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:21 AM

804 posts, read 618,894 times
That's only in America there can't be an honest discussion on race issues withouth somebody being a called a racist. Let me give you an example. In America black people are called African-Americans in the rest of the world Black people. That's ho they call them in France, Germany and anywhere else. Not in America though. We have to pretend that things are not what they are. Ther is no black crime ( including black on black murders accounting for big part of American monstrous murder rate), there are no ghettos and high rate of incarceration amongst the black. That doesn't exist. Instead, lets focus on racism as it is the main cause of those social ills. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I agree, it's sort of the elephant in the room that racism has a long history in this country. Everybody thinks things have changed so much since the fight for equal rights, but it really hasn't. Black men have among the lowest hire rates in the U.S., about the same rate as white felons. And everybody wonders why it is that they're always in jail, in trouble, on drugs, etc. And another thing is that white people can be the saddest cases ever, drug addicted, between jobs, living on the streets, and nobody will ever say "white people are so lazy/criminal/disrespectful/ungrateful, etc. just because of that.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Being ghetto a crime though?

Don't you think people in those ghettos...especially the kids...have enough problems without having to worry about some cop trying to bust him for something or the other?
Why do those "kids" engage in illegal activity in the first place? Again, you really think that cops are the problem here? You can't be serious. Lol

Old 01-31-2014, 11:11 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,551 times
Quote:

Different reasons on the rates %. Back in the day, it was racism.
Now, just pure laziness. I know too many of those people for you to convince me otherwise, maybe youre one of them.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Yup. There are reasons places have high crime rates. Detroit relied on the motor industry, Gary, Indiana was a steel town, etc. and because these avenues of economic interest have dwindled, it has left such residents with not much other choice and made gangs, crime, etc. more appealing than would normally be.
My heart is crying for them, now I know why Chicago, New York, Cleveland, Newark, Gary have huge nasty ghettos: its industry's fault! Why was it that only the black residents chose to join gangs in those areas?

Old 01-31-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Different reasons on the rates %. Back in the day, it was racism.
Now, just pure laziness. I know too many of those people for you to convince me otherwise, maybe youre one of them.
Well I know a lot of lazy white people, but I don't go around calling all white people lazy, I am white after all. And for the record, before calling others lazy maybe you should be a little less lazy yourself on articulating how you sound to everybody else.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:24 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,551 times
Quote:
Well I know a lot of lazy white people, but I don't go around calling all white people lazy, I am white after all. And for the record, before calling others lazy maybe you should be a little less lazy yourself on articulating how you sound to everybody else.
wow you killed me on that one.
Go back with your lazy friends now, checks in the mailbox tomorrow, time to set up camp

Old 01-31-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
wow you killed me on that one.
Go back with your lazy friends now, checks in the mailbox tomorrow, time to set up camp
I meant learn how to write properly. You're throwing stones from glass houses here. Have fun.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:37 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by risotto11 View Post
Because, statistically they are. Duh! Lots stop pretending that those big stinky ghettos in the middle of most American cities do not exist!
Not true. The statistics only show it because those are the people being harassed. Imagine what would happen if cops were to harass folks in rural America, where meth use is running rampant.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Not true. The statistics only show it because those are the people being harassed. Imagine what would happen if cops were to harass folks in rural America, where meth use is running rampant.

Harassed? If there were no cops there the ghettos would be awash in blood of their own resident.
Be gratefull that taxpayers, not that many of them living in the ghettos, still insist on paying cops to police the ghettos.
Every cop I know would rather cruise in a white suburbia giving out speeding tickets than risk his life in a ghetto where nobody appreciate what the police do. You are delusional if you think police presence in the ghetto is a form of harassment.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies