Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 05:27 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVERSMVP14 View Post
black on white crime is more common. the knockout game for one.

I guess that you are not including white collar crime huh? Sub-prime mortages, bank fraud, they are majority crimes committed by whites on blacks and have a more damaging effect on blacks and the economy in general but for some reason it is rarely mentioned. Now why is that?

Old 03-01-2014, 05:31 PM

182 posts, read 195,293 times
Slaves are hunted? I thought a slave is already in possession. . . . ..

Old 03-01-2014, 06:04 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky8828 View Post
Slaves are hunted? I thought a slave is already in possession. . . . ..
slave (slāv)
n.
1. One bound in servitude as the property of a person or household.
2. One who is abjectly subservient to a specified person or influence: "I was still the slave of education and prejudice" (Edward Gibbon).
3. One who works extremely hard.
4. A machine or component controlled by another machine or component.

slave - definition of slave by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:05 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I guess that you are not including white collar crime huh? Sub-prime mortages, bank fraud, they are majority crimes committed by whites on blacks and have a more damaging effect on blacks and the economy in general but for some reason it is rarely mentioned. Now why is that?
Rarely mentioned and almost never prosecuted. They'll impose Stop and Frisk which is a direct violation of our Constitutional Rights but they won't investigate and prosecute Bank and Wall St. fraud

Old 03-02-2014, 07:47 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
So what you are saying is that well-off blacks should be targeted just as much as poor black just because they are black? Sure the police have dangerous jobs, but because of some of their actions towards people of color they make it harder than what it is. If you go through the community thinking that you are invincible and that your brand of the law supercedes the actual law, of course your job is going to be dangerous Lets put it this way, if all of the policemen were gay males who detest women in general, how do you think that they would treat you every time that they seen you especially knowing that you had priors? It is not "race bull" it is how some people with NO criminal record has to deal with overzealous police officers.
What would be interesting is if "Black" cops in mostly Black cities "profile" Black people as law breakers as much as anglo white cops. Word is "Hispanic" cops are MORE likely to come down on Hispanic dudes than us, a Chicano told me to be glad I was "white" since a Hispanic cop would treat me with more respect.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
What would be interesting is if "Black" cops in mostly Black cities "profile" Black people as law breakers as much as anglo white cops. Word is "Hispanic" cops are MORE likely to come down on Hispanic dudes than us, a Chicano told me to be glad I was "white" since a Hispanic cop would treat me with more respect.
Understand this as it was told to me by a relative on the police force, blacks and latino officers still have to prove themselves to their fellow white officers as where their loyality belongs. There are of course those who have self hate issues before they become cops and use their position of authority to strike out at those who look like them as well.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:47 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Understand this as it was told to me by a relative on the police force, blacks and latino officers still have to prove themselves to their fellow white officers as where their loyality belongs. There are of course those who have self hate issues before they become cops and use their position of authority to strike out at those who look like them as well.
Uh; it might NOT be "self hate" but more those Black and "Hispanic" cops hold punks of their "own kind" in contempt. Word is 1 of the biggest racists out there against Black hood rats is a Black dude who takes care of business because those hood rats make him look real bad.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; it might NOT be "self hate" but more those Black and "Hispanic" cops hold punks of their "own kind" in contempt. Word is 1 of the biggest racists out there against Black hood rats is a Black dude who takes care of business because those hood rats make him look real bad.
I understand that would apply if they were caught in the act and had previous runs ins with that particuliar person, but that would not apply to them treating every minority with equal contempt rather did they did anything or not.

Old 03-03-2014, 02:37 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times

Old 03-03-2014, 05:00 PM

That is the most ignorant crap that I seen in awhile! So just because someone is getting help from the government does not mean that a cop can come and violated their 4th Amendment rights. Does this apply to those wealthy SOBs who are feeding off of the government's tete in the form of subsidies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies