Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 04:04 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobaccoActivist View Post
Blacks in particular are targeted disproportionately by the police in Western countries because they commit the most crimes.

Liberals would like to believe that they are being targeted out of racism and nothing else, but the statistics tell the truth even if the liberal elite would like to pretend they don't exist.

So please explain to me why my son who is 21 years old and happens to wear dredlocks is constantly questioned by the police eventhough he has never done drugs or pocessed them and has never had a criminal record? So I guess based on the fact that he lives in a predominately white neighborhood and he looks like a black inner city youth it is ok for his 4th Amendment rights to be constantly violated because a white cop or person cannot grasp the full understanding of the use of criminal statistics?

Old 02-15-2014, 06:34 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So please explain to me why my son who is 21 years old and happens to wear dredlocks is constantly questioned by the police eventhough he has never done drugs or pocessed them and has never had a criminal record? So I guess based on the fact that he lives in a predominately white neighborhood and he looks like a black inner city youth it is ok for his 4th Amendment rights to be constantly violated because a white cop or person cannot grasp the full understanding of the use of criminal statistics?
Uh; it's called "probable cause". Long haired anglo white dudes used to get stopped a LOT by the cops 40 years ago because so many of those dudes WERE trouble. It is what it is.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; it's called "probable cause". Long haired anglo white dudes used to get stopped a LOT by the cops 40 years ago because so many of those dudes WERE trouble. It is what it is.
That still does not give them permission to take away our 4th amendment rights

Old 02-15-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That still does not give them permission to take away our 4th amendment rights
It is what it is. Tho if YOU were a victim of a crime by a certain race or "culture"; I'll lay money that you'd want the cops to do something even if it meant "profiling" to catch the perp.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:54 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
It is what it is. Tho if YOU were a victim of a crime by a certain race or "culture"; I'll lay money that you'd want the cops to do something even if it meant "profiling" to catch the perp.
If you placed that bet with Harrier, you would lose.

Harrier wants the cops to do absolutely nothing.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:27 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:
What??

Exactly how far are we going back when looking at the crimes by a "certain race or culture?" What's your cut off date??

Think before you talk. Your not even making an argument, in fact, your trying to justify racism.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
True to catch the one who did the crime and not harrass anyone that looks vaguely like them. If a middle aged white was grabbing kids I bet that the police would not go around giving every white guy in the vicinity grief. They would be more selective as to who they pull over and harrass.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:16 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
if all the crime was committed by those walking around with their pants to the knee and wearing dreadlocks, gold teeth and hat on backwards, why would you as a honest law abiding citizen would want to look like this with your pants to your knees.

profile is good

i guarantee you if you son walks around with nice clean suit, short hair, no gold, yes sir, no sir, he would never be profile. its not the race their profiling, its the crook behavior. so you got to be the total opposite. want to see your future, look at who you hang out with. If they are drug dealers, that where you heading

Old 02-17-2014, 06:20 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,043,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'd like to know exactly what "criminal activity" some of you posters think I should be suspected of. You haven't even clarified.

Are you scared I'm going to murder you? Rob you? Afraid I have a little marijuana? Or do you just feel like that black people are generally a menace to society?
Maybe people have nothing to fear from YOU personally, but the thing is not every black person is like YOU. If most of them were, then crime rates wouldn't be so high and people wouldn't be weary of blacks and so many black neighborhoods wouldn't be so violent and dangerous.

But the fact is how do people know that when they're walking down the street and see a black male approaching them that they're going to be passing by someone like you who they have no reason to be fearful around vs. or are they going to pass by a black male who they should be wary of? The answer is we can't tell and therefore frequently its logical and makes more sense to be wary of blacks than to let your guard down around them. This isn't because the color of your skin or for some illogical reason. This is because its based on crime statistics and how decade upon decade black males CONTINUALLY commit the most crime per capita and therefore you would have to be stupid to not be wary of them.

This doesn't mean that every black person should be seen as a potential criminal, but depending on circumstances, its better to err on the side of caution. IE if you see a decently dressed black male and/or he's well spoken, then perhaps you don't need to worry about him. On the otherhand if you see a black male in baggy jeans and a hoodie, then yeah maybe you should be wary of him.

The point is as I've said many times before, if blacks feel so offended at being profiled as criminals then why can't so many of them change their behavior so that they change the perception that people have of them? Instead of crying about injustice and constantly yelling at how you're being mistreated, how about not committing so much crime and trouble so people can have a chance to think differently of you?

I really want to know why non-blacks should continually give blacks the benefit of the doubt when it seems like everytime we do so, we get burned alot of the time? Blacks and their apologists keep trying to convince non-blacks that they aren't violent, yet every damn day there are crimes being committed by them that are often violent and often against non-blacks. They try and convince ius that its 'a very small number of blacks' that are like this, yet statistics and countless news stories prove this to be false.

So again I ask, why should non-blacks be FORCED to continually give blacks the benefit of the doubt no matter what they do? Why shouldn't it be the other way around where blacks PROVE that most of them aren't violent and so the perception of them changes positively for it? Isn't that more fair for everyone?

Old 02-17-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
What??

Exactly how far are we going back when looking at the crimes by a "certain race or culture?" What's your cut off date??

Think before you talk. Your not even making an argument, in fact, your trying to justify racism.
Please quit trying to throw the race card, it doesn't apply here and you know that. Sheesh! If it was a WHITE skinhead who hurt you; would you still NOT want anglo white skinhead looking dudes to be profiled? I would and I'm def "white".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies