Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:56 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,739,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
And what would you say the average Palestinian woman, child, or sickly old man can do to rout out the crazy terrorists in their midsts? Go search for their houses and politely ask them to leave?
Religious wars have never made sense and more innocent people have been
killed in them than any other kind since the dawn of man. People want the US
to do this and do that and not do this and not do that.

Lets see... We helped Osama and the muslim extremists kick the yolk of
Communist Russia and he thanked us with 911. We helped muslims in
Bosnia from being "ethnically clensed" and we were thanked with worldwide
hatred by the muslim extremists. Of course we have had businesses that
profiteer off our war efforts, and that makes us an evil empire. The world hates the USA, its own citizens hate the USA and its own political left hates
everything American. I heard a saying once that goes "The more you hate
the sicker you get !!!!!" When you look at all the hatred going around here
and abroad you see the truth of this statement......

Old 11-20-2007, 09:57 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,921,773 times
Quote:
I don't think you have to be apathetic to not know what to do about a problem, or to be afraid to "take action" for fear of your own life.
Allowing evil to flourish is apathy.

Being afraid to take action is no excuse for allowing evil.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:59 AM

2,935 posts, read 5,008,902 times
Well then, superman, why don't you fly up to your nearest impverished inner-city and start rummaging through the various abandoned houses to find all the crack dealers and bring them to justice singlehandedly? Don't be apathetic! Stand up to evil wherever you find it with little regard for your own personal safety or well-being, otherwise you deserve to be blown up by Israeli bombers or have your kids shot by stray bullets in the world of "paresenel reasspansabalata."

Old 11-20-2007, 10:02 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,403,322 times
Quote:
See above.
See below.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:03 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,811,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well you were going good until the part about helping our own poor and homeless....that is not the purview of the federal government,let private individuals and groups do what is needed.
Obviously private groups and individuals are not doing what is needed, or the SCHIP bill would not have come up and been supported by both sides of the Congress. How is promoting chastity in Africa a better use of our tax dollars. Especially since the recent report that came out where 25% of homeless are vets, I don't have an issue with trying to help them off the streets using government assistance.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Well then, superman, why don't you fly up to your nearest impverished inner-city and start rummaging through the various abandoned houses to find all the crack dealers and bring them to justice singlehandedly? Don't be apathetic! Stand up to evil wherever you find it with little regard for your own personal safety or well-being, otherwise you deserve to be blown up by Israeli bombers or have your kids shot by stray bullets in the world of "paresenel reasspansabalata."
I do not live there,if the people who live there choose to allow it then it is their responibility(another of those dreaded words) to fix it.

Perhaps instead of looking for others to fix their problems they should look inside themselves?

Perish the thought,better to whine complain and demand others take care of them.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Religious wars have never made sense and more innocent people have been
killed in them than any other kind since the dawn of man. People want the US
to do this and do that and not do this and not do that.

Lets see... We helped Osama and the muslim extremists kick the yolk of
Communist Russia and he thanked us with 911. We helped muslims in
Bosnia from being "ethnically clensed" and we were thanked with worldwide
hatred by the muslim extremists. Of course we have had businesses that
profiteer off our war efforts, and that makes us an evil empire. The world hates the USA, its own citizens hate the USA and its own political left hates
everything American. I heard a saying once that goes "The more you hate
the sicker you get !!!!!" When you look at all the hatred going around here
and abroad you see the truth of this statement......
Afghanistan + Bosnia... we were also "rewarded" for the whole thing with the Shah's coup in Iran, Saddam's war with Iran, Israel's oppression of the Palestinians and a long, long history of colonization and exploitation by the west. None of this (NONE of this) justifies the breed of radical conservative Islamism espoused by Hamas, Amadenijad, Al Qaeda, etc., but it does help to explain its popularity.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Obviously private groups and individuals are not doing what is needed, or the SCHIP bill would not have come up and been supported by both sides of the Congress. How is promoting chastity in Africa a better use of our tax dollars. Especially since the recent report that came out where 25% of homeless are vets, I don't have an issue with trying to help them off the streets using government assistance.
I do not care if both sides supported something,both sides care little about what is the federal government's responsibilities.

I do not care about anyone in Africa either,I simply want the federal gov't to do what it is Constitutionally madated to do and NOTHING ELSE.

I am glad you don't have an issue with helping Vets off the streets,please do as much as you can to help them on your own dime.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:08 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,811,183 times
Quote:
I know. I love it when people say that stuff. Well, they should not let terrorists in their neighborhood. They get blown up in the crossfire, their own fault, shrug. Well illegals should overthrow their own governments. They get mowed down by the military, at least they died for a noble cause, shrug. People say this sipping their Starbuck's lattes on the way to the supermarket before they stop for their PTA meeting. First of all, we are the only country stupid enough to sell guns like hamburgers, and secondly maybe some of those people don't want to play freedom fighter or sacrifice their lives for a noble cause. Maybe they just want to live their lives. A lot of real courageous typists we have around here.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I do not live there,if the people who live there choose to allow it then it is their responibility(another of those dreaded words) to fix it.

Perhaps instead of looking for others to fix their problems they should look inside themselves?

Perish the thought,better to whine complain and demand others take care of them.
You personally know a majority of the people who live in inner-cities, and they all "whine and complain and demand others take care of them," do they? You must have an amazingly wide swath of aquaintances. And... aren't "others" supposed to be taking care of them, the ones they pay tax money for, aka "the police?"

No, people shouldn't rely on police to keep them safe from crime, if they don't make the "choice" to become freelance vigilantes then they're merely apathetic, cowardly ******* who deserve what they get, in right-wing fantasy land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies